No announcement yet.

Looking for soulmate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well NG... if you read my post carefully, i didn't actually say that "koempoel gebouw" is the translation of "samenleven". I merely pointed out that it is somewhat derived OR connected.

As you can see here, the term kumpul kebo and samenleven are used interchangeably :
    https://www.google.co.id/url?sa=t&rc...wQlS767jPsIExQ

I don't exactly know the mechanism on why people choose to relate both these terms as having the same negative connotation. Perhaps both attained it due to the same general meaning of it, which is "living together". Not sure either.
    Last edited by sand86id; 11-08-15, 14:18.

Comment

It's the same principle that transform chauffeur to sopir (from french to deutch to bahasa).
      In quebec (french) in some far away city you can hear from old people "streep" which is a deformed street.

Repeating a word you hear in a language you don't know is not an easy task... Even worse for a sentence!

It's like playing the phone game I an language you don't know.
      La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

Comment

ja ja i know your point of view sand86. but that's just a wild guess .. in the paper it was stated " Kemungkinan telinga masyarakat saat"
        so you cant say that it's 100% right or true.. but i wont dare to say it's wrong also.

those who speaks dutch a bit might have trouble in linking between those items. :-)
        dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

Naughtygab and Sand86 are right of course, kerbau is from the Dutch word gebouw. But it has been heavily bastardized to kebo so many people now think it's about buffalos or so.

Samenleven or samenwonen (living together) mean more or less the same but have as such nothing to do with kumpul kebo, I have no idea why the writer of the article connects those words and tries to give some spiritual meaning to all of this? (Leven is identical to Live or Leben in the other Germanic languages. Samen is from Tsamen which is similar as Zusammen. So nothing to do with coming together in a building.) Oh well.

Koempoelan is interesting; one of the few words that was adopted in Dutch from Malay. It was used as appèl, the military term to gather the troops to see if everyone is present, esp. in the Japanese concentration camps here during WW II. Obviously there were a huge amount of Dutch families in those camps. So the word was taken back to The Netherlands. Then koempoelan became a popular words with the scouts in Holland and Belgium for their gatherings, it is not really used anywhere else now and most people won't know what it means.
          Last edited by jstar; 20-08-15, 00:38. Reason: typos
          [FONT=arial black]
          [/FONT]

Comment

Human has nothing that can satisfy his/her soul. We always look for the best, but sometimes are too lazy to do the best. No relationship is perfect cause there wont be 2 perfect persons, not even 1 person is perfect. Like what one said to me, you yourself place the limit on what you can handle and what you cannot handle. The same thing applies to relationship.

Comment

three advices....

1. describe ur preferences.... (im not being racist)............ (say mostly,if not all) chinese woman prefers chinese man also...
              2. lower ur standard, its not that easy to find a decent single guy out there...
              3. ask your "sahabat"s to introduce you to their friend..... (well, it worked once for me)
              [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Source Sans Pro]"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need"
              [/FONT][/COLOR]Tyler Durden

Comment

try to find a friend and invite him on a date, good luck..

Comment

little advice, u can use a social messenger such as "Beetalk" u can find it in ur android device using playstore and appstore if ur using an iphone's. Glad can help u

Comment

PM me. lol

Comment

It is a major probelm, nowadays.. soulmates, where are they?

Comment

Originally posted by PhilippeD View Post
                        Not sure to understand the concept of mr right and mister right now... Anyway I'm too much old (and maried) for play to those game.

What I will learn to my girl is to make the difference in between "being in love" and "loving".being in love: you barely know the person and you IMAGINE how he is and how it will be with him. Too much of imagination and not enough of reality, you end up deceive.

Love: you know the person, his good and bad side, and despite that feel right with him/her.

Motto to remember: better being with someone you have a good communication with than with a pretty girl.
                        Pretty don't last with time.
                        True. This is the quote from my fav writer:

C.S. Lewis on "Being In Love" and "Love"

Being in love is a good thing, but it is not the best thing. There are many things below it, but there are also things above it. You cannot make it the basis of a whole life. It is a noble feeling, but it is still a feeling.

Now no feeling can be relied on to last in its full intensity, or even to last at all. Knowledge can last, principles can last, habits can last but feelings come and go. And in fact, whatever people say, the state called ‘being in love’ usually does not last.

If the old fairy-tale ending ‘They lived happily ever after’ is taken to mean ‘They felt for the next fifty years exactly as they felt the day before they were married,’ then it says what probably never was nor ever would be true, and would be highly undesirable if it were. Who could bear to live in that excitement for even five years? What would become of your work, your appetite, your sleep, your friendships?

But, of course, ceasing to be ‘in love’ need not mean ceasing to love.

Love in this second sense — love as distinct from ‘being in love’ — is not merely a feeling. It is a deep unity, maintained by the will and deliberately strengthened by habit; reinforced by (in Christian marriages) the grace which both partners ask, and receive, from God.

They can have this love for each other even at those moments when they do not like each other; as you love yourself even when you do not like yourself. They can retain this love even when each would easily, if they allowed themselves, be ‘in love’ with someone else.

‘Being in love’ first moved them to promise fidelity: this quieter love enables them to keep the promise. it is on this love that the engine of marriage is run: being in love was the explosion that started it.

Comment

Working...
                        X