boss and i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boss and i

inspired by the how are you today thread, i mentioned about bosses. .. well , i think it's going to be funny to share it here
    no offense, just some funny a bit ironic and confusing for a while hope it will make you smile a bit ..

1. Ex boss, female (EB)
    EB: i need you to make A, B C, D, E
    Me: okay i understand the A and D. but what about B, C and E? from what i see, it's just useless, time consuming, and it's not really the truth. it will make you just assume.
    EB: i want you to make it. it's important!
    Me: seriously you want me to make useless thing here?
    EB: yes. i am sure ! dont say no. just do it! i am your boss. you should not question what i told you to, it's insulting if you don't believe in what i say.

so i made all the ABCDE thing and gave it to her

EB: why do you make this B C and E?
    Me: you told me to .. remember?
    EB: i remember, but why do you make it? it's time consuming, useless and it's not real, means you are assuming
    Me: you told me to make it, even though i have already asked you twice whether you are sure about making these stuffs
    EB: yes! i told you to, but you have to know, I COULD BE WRONG!!! so why do you make it?

2. one of the boss (OB)
    OB: i need your help to make a board to share the project update
    Me: okay. so which part of the project should i work on?
    OB: up to you. i trust your judgment
    Me: all is ok?
    OB: sure.
    Me: so what is the update of the project?
    OB: I cant tell you. it's a top secret. should not be shared now. it should be a surprise when we launch it
    Me: if it's a secret, then what should i put in the project update so people know the update?
    OB: up to you.
    dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Hi Naughtygab,

ex Boss EB was being mean to you,

And OB has no clues about what to reports, so OB just wing it with you

Cheers

Comment

@fransgg: EB always did the same thing. not just me, but also toward my colleagues.
      OB .. well he's just following his bigger boss.

3. another boss (AB) ,
      in front of the big bosses
      AB : NG, you should check out the data for this part! i know it exist! i did it 3 years ago, i did it myself so therefor i know for sure there are data for that. i would never forget whatever i have made
      Me: where? which folder?
      AB: i dont know.

3 days later

Me: i have tried to find it. based on the previous reference, this is the only data we have internally
      AB: hmm i dont remember .. it was the one before you came here who made it
      Me: but you said you made it by yourself. and you would never forgot about it.
      Ab: i forgot. i am not sure the data does exist actually
      me: but you said you were sure
      AB; did i say that? i forgot whether i said that
      me: yes you said that..
      AB: but that was like 3 days ago. i cant remember ...

Comment

Originally posted by naughtygab View Post
        @fransgg: EB always did the same thing. not just me, but also toward my colleagues.
        OB .. well he's just following his bigger boss.
        You said EB was a female, and now it's "he/his".
        Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
          I think he's referring to OB from the 2nd story.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post
            I think he's referring to OB from the 2nd story.
            EB, AB, OB, all rather hard to track.
            Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

We call this incompetency... And there is not much that you can do.

Your level of motivation must be to his max!!!
              La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

Comment

shit happens, just be cool
                I am pretty sure that all of those bosses had those experiences you encountered. You should see into their shoes whatsoever, bosses usually have hectic schedules and it is normal that they sometimes forget what they said even what they did. However I think EB is just too much and too pushy. Anyway, why you only mention EB's gender as female, and not other bosses? just curious

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
                  oops sorry jaime.. my fault. EB is female, OB is male AB is female.. sorry...

Comment

boss will be boss
                    Cheers,

Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Comment

Originally posted by nakula90 View Post
                      I am pretty sure that all of those bosses had those experiences you encountered. You should see into their shoes whatsoever, bosses usually have hectic schedules and it is normal that they sometimes forget what they said even what they did. However I think EB is just too much and too pushy. Anyway, why you only mention EB's gender as female, and not other bosses? just curious
                      The boss didn't forget, he/she just add more bullshit over the first one.
                      The typical of an asshole who have a title as manager when in fact he have no idea at all of what he is doing.

The "hetic schedule" is quite a bad excuse. Manager who could see the end and are alway "too much busy" are the result of:
                      - Having incompetent top management (mostly better at selling than managing) who hire one of their kind - and call this management
                      - Someone playing to be a "boss" and refusing to delegate anything
                      - Manager who solve the same problem day after day and never solve what cause the problem
                      - etc etc

Their is a few exception like when the business is in crisis... But still, if your business is always in crisis...

Read it like you want it all end up to the same thing: incompetence

In indonesia most of the people who have a manegerial position are technical people like engineer without anykind of formation in management.

Comment

well, i learned from those bosses, the things i should not do toward my subordinates...
                        PS: the bitterness facing them has been gone , and leaves the funny feeling. so it doesn't hurt at all ...
                        btw about their hectic schedules? ...nooooo. i would have understood well if it happened because the load is too big.
                        plus EB did that too many times. she has used " you have to think, i might be wrong' excuse too many times everytime she realized she made a wrong decision. (and happened like 3 times a week or more )

Originally posted by nakula90 View Post

Comment

Recently in CDG airport I met a guy I hired 15 years ago. While talking to him and asking how it was going professionally, he told me about his career and on a certain moment he made the remark: "I decided not to let them screw me, [jstar] already screwed me back then and I wouldn't let it happen again".

A bit sad/hilarious/embarrassing/illuminating/....
                          [FONT=arial black]
                          [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by jstar View Post
                            Recently in CDG airport I met a guy I hired 15 years ago. While talking to him and asking how it was going professionally, he told me about his career and on a certain moment he made the remark: "I decided not to let them screw me, [jstar] already screwed me back then and I wouldn't let it happen again".

A bit sad/hilarious/embarrassing/illuminating/....
                            He didn't recongize you or told you openly?

Comment

He told me openly. Must have been a big relief. (And a frustrating decade.) His problem at the time was that he thought he did not get the promotions and rewards he deserved.
                              [FONT=arial black]
                              [/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                              X