Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meeting a Tasteful, Smart, Refined Girl in Jakarta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RickH405 View Post
    Hi guys,

Perhaps something of a polarizing post, but maybe it will spark some interesting discussion. Anyway, let's cut to the chase:

I've been in Jakarta two months - IMO it's a great city, with, by and large, lovely inhabitants. Indonesian culture is exciting and intriguing, and I'm glad to have connected with many different people here who have impressed me with their hospitality, generosity and openness.

However, I now feel like the time has come for me to find a serious relationship. And that's where I'm finding difficulties.

My question:

How/where can I meet a tasteful, refined, sophisticated woman in Jakarta? Bars and Nightclubs have proven to be a complete write-off.... as many of you will recognize, there's plenty of attraction/interest directed at tall white guys such as myself, but to be honest, I'm just not meeting the kind of girl I vibe with. Quite honestly, party-girls who work in retail and live for the weekend are just not my type, and IME they seem to constitute the majority of girls to be found in the bars/clubs.

Dating sites have proven much the same - plenty of interest, but very difficult to find someone I really click with. I'm kind of a nerd - I'm interested in women who are smart, educated, perhaps introverted. Women with an interesting take on life, and with well-developed opinions on topics they care about. Girls with substantial careers, education, or aspirations.

I accept that it's not a western country, and levels of education may naturally differ from what I'm accustomed to.

However, I know the smart girls must be here - any country has it's clever people, and I've met some really intelligent, accomplished Indonesian guys here doing big things. There *must* be female equivalents!

Anyone have any idea how I go about finding them? o_O

Many thanks guys.

(p.s. Hope this doesn't offend anyone. In no way is it meant as an insult to Indonesian women's intelligence - I know there are smart girls here. I just want to know how to go about meeting one! )

you could try Badoo.com, I met a few intelligent, independent women who know where they are going in life on that site, but just like everywhere else you will find some who are just looking for a hit and run.

Comment

Originally posted by BACKPACK'ER View Post
      you could try Badoo.com, I met a few intelligent, independent women who know where they are going in life on that site, but just like everywhere else you will find some who are just looking for a hit and run.
      A guy complaining about females doing a hit and run.... the times they are a changing!
      "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by lantern View Post
        A guy complaining about females doing a hit and run.... the times they are a changing!
        Unless he is referring to ones wallet which seems more the norm.
        [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by RickH405 View Post
          Mister Bule:

Dictionary.com should help you out on that one - check out the first two definitions of "refined" .
          What's a dictionamery?
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Warden: "What we got here ... is failure to communicate."

The Dude: "Oh yeah? Well that's just, like, your opinion, man."[/FONT]

Comment

Working...
          X