Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My curious question to Indonesian men

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My curious question to Indonesian men

    My partner now is a white man. My attraction to white men came when I was a teenager. I will not pretend that my involvement with white men purely unconditional love, faith or other sensible reason. No, it was never because of sensible reason my attraction was. My teen life was full of Hollywood movies, MTV and boys bands. I had this imagination that all white men are so handsome and romantic, just like what I've seen on Movie and Tele... My teen dream was only about dating a handsome white man. During my love life I failed to see a white man as a real person ... As they were foreign for me, they were just like a handsome prince in my imagination (based on movies, video clip). I didn't understand their language, their culture and how their mind works, I didn't understand them.. I was just happy to be able to date them.

    What I explained above is how the chemistry works in woman body.. We (I) are driven by our imagination and dreams. As I was before, mesmerizing by Hollywood movie and media, are you Indonesian men attracted to white women because how they were presented on TV? Just curious ...
    Last edited by Missnaughty; 30-09-14, 10:01.

  • #2
    I always have thought white womens is very fluent on English. If I had a white woman tutor or conversation partner, my English would be more good.
    Last edited by Banana72; 30-09-14, 14:35. Reason: Or Gooder?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Banana72 View Post
      I always have thought white womens is very fluent on English. If I had a white woman tutor or conversation partner, my English would be more good.
      Avoid using the word more, because it's lazy. My English would not be "more good". It would be better. Don't use "more tall". Use taller. More handsome is fine though.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Berlarutlarut View Post
        Avoid using the word more, because it's lazy. My English would not be "more good". It would be better. Don't use "more tall". Use taller. More handsome is fine though.
        Why cannot it be handsomer?

        Comment


        • #5
          Naughty, please describe spesifically of which white girls you meant as presented in TV? You previously explained the boys referring to boybands and movies.
          [COLOR=#000000][FONT=proxnov-reg]Threw a line out to pull you to me
          [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=proxnov-reg]If you don't get it then you don't get it.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=proxnov-reg][/FONT][/COLOR]

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Missnaughty View Post
            What I explained above is how the chemistry works in woman body.. We (I) are driven by our imagination and dreams. As I was before, mesmerizing by Hollywood movie and media, are you Indonesian men attracted to white women because how they were presented on TV? Just curious ...

            http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/varna

            "[COLOR=#666666][FONT=Verdana]Sanskrit[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#666666][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#666666][FONT=Verdana]varna[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#666666][FONT=Verdana] literally, cover, color, hence sort, class"

            [/FONT][/COLOR]So, we can see that warna has its origins in Sanskrit and that it means class or caste. I don't believe that Western standards of beauty have as much to do with the perception of who is attractive in Indonesia as do truly ancient associations between color and caste as granted by Hindu ancestors.

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't think "warna" is my emphasize here. It is more about my perception, imagination that was fed by movies, clips and magazines. At one time, my dream of handsome prince was Chinese Kung fu master as I used to watch Chinese movie and read Kung fu novel and later on I realized that they don't exist. It seems that the advertisement of white men are handsome, romantic and superior in every way got me.. Through medias that I mentioned above.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DanInAceh View Post
                http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/varna

                "[COLOR=#666666][FONT=Verdana]Sanskrit[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#666666][FONT=Verdana]varna[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#666666][FONT=Verdana] literally, cover, color, hence sort, class"

                [/FONT][/COLOR]So, we can see that warna has its origins in Sanskrit and that it means class or caste. I don't believe that Western standards of beauty have as much to do with the perception of who is attractive in Indonesia as do truly ancient associations between color and caste as granted by Hindu ancestors.
                Back in May 2014 you raised this point Dan and I suggested this link:

                http://books.google.co.id/books?id=w...0caste&f=false

                It may be of interest. It concerns how warna was transformed to kasta in Bali.

                Comment

                Working...
                X