• Show
Clear All

• looking for exchange conversation partner

Hi everyone,
    My name is Julie
    I'm indonesian girl,
    I need to improve my english..
    Anyone can help me?
    I can contact you on bbm, whatsapp & line or email..

I think about exchange conversation partner,
    I can help you in bahasa ,
    And I need you to help me in my english..

Let me know if you're interest
    Thankyou
    [COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=book antiqua]The Crazy about people is the more you say "NO", the more they want in [/FONT][/COLOR]

isnt it better to go to language course where you can be ensured the teachers are qualified to teach? even tho you use indonesian language every day, doesnt mean you can really teach someone. that's what make language school different than random people. i.e, if you make a mistake in some grammar, how would you expect the person to explain the mistake you make if he could not really explain it easily enough to be understood? and how would you tell him if he makes mistake in some words or grammar? would you be able to find the right words easily to be understood so he knows where he did wrong?
    otherwise it would be like blind leading other blind. isnt it?
    dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

I said, I will help you in bahasa its doesn't mean teach like teacher in formal course or something.
      I need conversation more,

It will be effective,
      Let's try, is it wrong?
      [COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=book antiqua]The Crazy about people is the more you say "NO", the more they want in [/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Not wrong at all - in fact most teachers encourage their students to "get out there and practice" by talking to native speakers. Your initiative is good, BurningLady.

However, one word of caution (for everyone who does this, not just the OP): One thing that happens fairly often on this forum is that the lines get blurred between looking for a genuine conversation partner and looking for a date.

Of course, there is nothing wrong with looking for either one.

However, sometimes this has the potential to go wrong: what if a young lady who hopes to meet English-speaking young men gets an offer of Skype tutoring from a middle-aged woman? On the other hand, what happens when a young lady who really only wants to improve her comprehension skills finds an expat who wants to, er..."school" her in other things as well?

My advice? Just be honest with yourself before you start looking about what it is you want to find, and be prepared to handle whatever situations come your way. As long as you do that, it really is a great idea to find conversation partners to practice with.
        Last edited by Puspawarna; 18-02-14, 18:35.

Comment

I think I understand what BurningLady means.
          To be honest, (I think) one of reasons why my English isn't as good as it used to be is because I don't use it as much now.
          I still use English when texting, but rarely talk.
          I used to know someone, an English speaking man, he was very polite and his language style is very umm neat
          (no sms style, no abbreviation, no rude words, all good), we texted everyday, met almost every week.
          Plus, I was still in college to finish my degree in English, so practically I was quite active using English.
          Then, when I graduated, sadly he moved to Singapore and we just stopped talking until now and never met again.
          Now life takes me to further my education in another uni which doesn't require me to speak or write in English much so it's fading...
          (God, no no I hope it's not).
          (Note: I was the one who can "absorb" the English, he did not have any interest in learning Bahasa Indonesia, so it was me who got the benefit of having a convo partner)

So yes I agree that learning languages doesn't always have to be in school or course.
          Cos by using it everyday, read it, listen to it, we can do our own self-correction

So BurningLady aka Julie, I can be your partner.
          As I said my English isn't really good but we can learn together.
          FYI, I am female, Indonesian
          We can do that by email.
          If you want to, if you don't then... That's fine by meee

Cheers
          Last edited by whatever; 18-02-14, 19:18.

Comment

Ooh I see,
            Before, I have exchange conversation partner but he always talking about se*
            Its so weird for me, so I left him (thankyou for remind me, kakak moderator )

Whatever : thankyou so much kakak, pls reply my private message..

Comment

Nope, saw your other post, you are more than just "I want to learn English"
              Last edited by Yingyang; 19-02-14, 13:28.
              Spider pig spider pig, does whatever a spider pig can

Comment

Originally posted by BurningLady View Post
                Hi everyone,
                My name is Julie
                I'm indonesian girl,
                I need to improve my english..
                Anyone can help me?
                I can contact you on bbm, whatsapp & line or email..
                I think about exchange conversation partner,
                I can help you in bahasa ,
                And I need you to help me in my english..

Let me know if you're interest
                Thankyou

[FONT=book antiqua]Hey there Julie, I was looking for someone like yyou on my forum. I tutored 3 students the English language and love to help you but it would be much easier learning English socially rather than pen and paper method. Anyways I only want knowledge on the city in exchange. Looking forward on your sms or call [/FONT]

[COLOR=#333333]082114075586[/COLOR]

Comment

You might want to keep that phone number for PMs. Too risky to share with the world
                  Spider pig spider pig, does whatever a spider pig can

Comment

Originally posted by Yingyang View Post
                    Nope, saw your other post, you are more than just "I want to learn English"
                    Yes,
                    before I try to find "some friends"
                    but with my bad english its doesn't work
                    I just trying to honest
                    I need more friends who can help me to improve my english
                    I need for my new bussiness

and I dont know why I should explain it for you

anyway thanks for caring my thread

cheers

Comment

Hello I would like to help you with English if youmwould help me with my bahasa I live in Bali thou.

Comment

Originally posted by Passionchef View Post
                        Hello I would like to help you with English if youmwould help me with my bahasa I live in Bali thou.
                        Glad to hear
                        Of course

Send you pm

Comment

PM me, we can practise English together.

Comment

Hi BurningLady, I study English Literature in Yogyakarta now. If you need a female speaking partner, I can help Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by LilikWijayawati View Post
                              Hi BurningLady, I study English Literature in Yogyakarta now. If you need a female speaking partner, I can help Good luck.

Hi,
                              Sounds great..
                              Female, male, half to half I don't care
                              I need improve, I want to learn
                              Let's be friend kak
                              I send you pm

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X