Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is 17 years too big of an age difference?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is 17 years too big of an age difference?

Please no judgemental comments!

No, even i prefer older than younger one
    Me likey

Comment

How long is a piece of string?

Some people consider it to be just a number; others shun away from it as a socially repugnant (almost semi illegal) condition in a couple. For me, age difference is very relative on yours and your partner's mentality and what you both expect out of the relationship.
      "Science is the philosophy of discovery. Intelligent design is a philosophy of ignorance"

Comment

If you don't want people to judge, don't ask the question. This is not math so there's no right or wrong answer, only opinions based on individual judgment.

Comment

If both people are mature, probably no problem. If the girl is 18, and the guy 35, then I often see big compatibility/expectation issues. If the girl is 25 or over, then usually not so much of an issue. If the girl is 10, and the guy 27, then year, BIG problems.
          Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

40 and 57 .. that is totally fine.

Comment

Yeah, Nimbus is right ... answering your question either "yes" or "no" implies a judgment. So I'll say "sometimes."

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
                If both people are mature, probably no problem. If the girl is 18, and the guy 35, then I often see big compatibility/expectation issues. If the girl is 25 or over, then usually not so much of an issue. If the girl is 10, and the guy 27, then year, BIG problems.
                It's also what I think, more you accumulate life experience less it matter.

And there is always the difference between the physical and mental age....
                La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

Comment

if you ask is 17 years is a big difference ...then i might say yes. but but but... as long as the conversation runs well, then why bother what other might think?

17 years difference, you two might have different fave movie/singer/songs. he might love the movie platoon while you might have no idea who tom berenger is. he might be a freddie mercury fans, while you think queen would only be britney spears. there might be generation gap between you and his friends , or him with you and your friends.
                  you might get judged as getting "electra complex' , he might be teased as pedophil for dating you. ......

i guess only you two can make your own judgement.
                  dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

Dont worry what anyone else thinks. If your both happy then its not a problem. If anyone says anything just tell them its not their business.

The fact that you have asked it here, in my mind, makes it look like you are not happy with the difference. Only you can decide.
                    [COLOR=#ff0000]Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds[/COLOR]. Albert Einstein

Comment

Also, what are you planning to do? Have coffee together? Get married? Have kids?

And who is older, the man or the woman? I'm sure either possibility is equally likely

Comment

17 years is far, by number. But I always date guys of at least 10 years older than I am.
                        [COLOR=black]
                        [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
                          Also, what are you planning to do? Have coffee together? Get married? Have kids?

And who is older, the man or the woman? I'm sure either possibility is equally likely
                          Age difference can mean nothing at all depending on how it fits into the dynamics of the relationship. If you are serious you need to look at the big picture as you both age. At 20/37 things seem to move along with the same energy. At 40/57 not as much. Plus, what will the relationship be like if raising children? Age can make a difference as the child ages.

As Puspawrna says, doesn't matter which way the age difference falls. Although I feel that in many ways it would be better if the female were the older partner.
                          [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by sweetmaria View Post
                            17 years is far, by number. But I always date guys of at least 10 years older than I am.
                            Me too. My preference based on certain considerations.
                            Some speak all but know nothing, while some speak nothing but know all.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinky View Post
                              Me too. My preference based on certain considerations.
                              Mine, nope. It's simply those who fancy me were usually of a much older guys. I've got Muka boros (old face), according to my friends.
                              [COLOR=black]
                              [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X