Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gay Indonesian new to forum

Hey!
    So as the title suggests, I'm Indonesian 20 years of age and gay. I'm looking to meet or befriend with foreigner, particularly gay ones you know just to expand my perspective and practice my speaking skill (not that I can't speak at all). Some of you might bewildered why this site? Well mainly because foreigners are more open and accepting about homosexuality. I'm quite closeted, only came out to my lesbian friend and couple others from international school. So does anyone reciprocally interested?

p.s: I'm not after your money, am good on my own^^

Eh? Are you gay or lesbian? Welcome aboard though, good to see there people like you wanting to open up, you won't find many here but there sure are.

Comment

Thanks. I'm gay guy LOL. Not many gay foreigner in here eh?

Comment

Originally posted by imponderablefun View Post
        Thanks. I'm gay guy LOL. Not many gay foreigner in here eh?
        Not many I assume at least on the surface, but there have been gay posters coming and going so far, probably leaving after getting so disappointed with not meeting their fellows here. We've told them to stay around for a while to increase their chance but most seemed to not be patient enough.

Comment

Ah, guess I'm moving too slow. Anyway, I might stick around to this forum albeit prior to this forum I have never partaken in any sort of website.

Comment

welcome on board Imponderablefun.

Like ricky say, not a lot "know" gay on the forum. I don't even know one. But you can definitely make contact through this forum.
            You are welcome to stick around
            La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

Comment

Welcome to the forum, imponderablefun. There are more than a handful of gay forum members, but most of them are women or Indonesian men. I don't know why there aren't many foreign gay men on the forum, at least not ones that are out. Perhaps they just don't move to Indonesia? It's not the most accepting and hospitable places for the queer community, after all, but there's community out there if you know where to look. Which part of Jakarta do you live in?

Comment

With all the beautiful girls around in Indonesia i think it is pretty hard for Western gay guys not to change their preferences and become as straight as arrows in no time. Just a thought but i would not be surprised this is actually true???

Comment

Originally posted by oomgirang View Post
                  With all the beautiful girls around in Indonesia i think it is pretty hard for Western gay guys not to change their preferences and become as straight as arrows in no time. Just a thought but i would not be surprised this is actually true???

^^^ not really sure where to start with this post

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Garden View Post
                    ^^^ not really sure where to start with this post
                    Before you send your banning request for this flaming and insulting reply to the moderators: I was just kidding sorry for that

Comment

Before you send your banning request for this flaming and insulting reply to the moderators: I was just kidding sorry for that

^^^ or this

Comment

Your apology is accepted but frankly it was a bad joke.

Comment

Originally posted by SamanthaB View Post
                          Welcome to the forum, imponderablefun. There are more than a handful of gay forum members, but most of them are women or Indonesian men. I don't know why there aren't many foreign gay men on the forum, at least not ones that are out. Perhaps they just don't move to Indonesia? It's not the most accepting and hospitable places for the queer community, after all, but there's community out there if you know where to look. Which part of Jakarta do you live in?
                          Ah yeah very true, we're not the most cordial ones when it comes to homosexuality. I do have discovered several pubs or clubs where most queers hanging out, but I don't do clubs. I'm more favorable to dinner and conversation over good meal. As to answer your last enquiry, I live at my parents' house in east Jakarta but during weekdays/uni days I usually stay at my condominium in Tanggerang.

Comment

I'd say moving slowly is not a bad thing. Coming out, dating, etc can be delicate and overwhelming at the same time. You're young, so you have plenty of time to meet people. I'm kinda nervous myself coming back home. It's nice to know that there are folks like SamanthaB who are welcoming. Just keep your head up.
                            Don't be defeatist, Dear. It's very middle class - From Downton Abbey (Series)

Comment

Originally posted by mizzou View Post
                              I'd say moving slowly is not a bad thing. Coming out, dating, etc can be delicate and overwhelming at the same time. You're young, so you have plenty of time to meet people. I'm kinda nervous myself coming back home. It's nice to know that there are folks like SamanthaB who are welcoming. Just keep your head up.
                              Hehe yeah, well I'm currently BF hunting at the moment. Planning to come out to the whole family when I'm in a serious relationship with someone, as to show them that Homosexual relationship is not merely about copulation but there's also sincere love just like heterosexual relationship. But yeah it's kinda devastating seeing your peers to have someone and you're not LOL. By the way, may I ask why are you nervous about coming back home?

Comment

Working...
                              X