No announcement yet.

How are you today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The girls are fighting, sorting out their pecking order, drawing blood- vicious creatures are chickens, our big friendly (Bangkok) cock has turned into a monster and decided that I am fair game for attack now... the li'l cock is fine & friendly and quite a pleasant creature... but he sounds like a pterodactyl when he announces his presence to the world.
    Just now its like a version of musical chickens keeping them all rotated so that none of them kill each other...(or me).
    We have us a layer- she is popping eggs out every day so that is nice. The hard part is - do we let her brood them or do we eat them?
    The dogs got loose the other day and it was a funny but a bit scary time- cos the dogs wanted to eat chickens, the chickens did not want to be dog food and all hell broke loose...sigh.

The dogs are settling down in to a decent routine now (finally) at the new house... hubby is stressing me cos he is a city boy and not coping well with the quietness of the Kampung- though I don't really know what his problem is.
    If any intruder wants to get in & steal our dogs (his biggest fear) they have to get through 2 gates, a set of doors and 4 padlocks.
    I don't think I can live like this with his stress interrupting sleep nightly, I have tolerated his anxieties so far but I think its time to get tough on him.
    There is no satpam here...
    Maybe we need to move one of the family in with us to alleviate hubby's stress... hmmm- nope!
    Cicak Magnet

Comment

• @BV- hahaha, I am a lot like Sharon O. Maybe just a more mature (yet younger) version.
      @Joe lol, the devil struggles on a daily basis; when I wake up... he runs & hides .
      A cup of Yorkshire tea is essential, then I become human again

Why have I become a nanny... ? Just a thought.
      I did not choose to be one, no one asked me if I wanted to be one, yet every day one or two or sometimes more kids arrive at my house with the builders...
      (yes they are family... but all the same!) being a miserable biatch in a morning is not the best time for me to have other people's kids foisted on me. So I come online and totally ignore them.
      I actually love kids but live in fear that if I embrace them & enjoy time with them that they will be here every day for ever, where I come from it is polite to ask in advance if someone will babysit.
      Cicak Magnet

Comment

• Hey B_A, if one of the chicken get scratch/cut, put it aside while it heal.
        If not the other chicken will "pick" on it until he died... chicken a cruel creature!!!

The "boss" of the herd will pick up fight with everyone he will seem not accepting his superiority.
        Never turn your back to him!!! (why do you think it have cock fight???)

and for last, for your layer, whatever are your decision, eat or hatch, let her eat the shell of the egg, it's how they get a supplement of calcium for make more egg.
        La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

Comment

• good day today, the weather is good too

Comment

• I feel good. Counting the days for new life to come.
            Been a while not posting anything in this forum. How's everyone going?
            I smile.

Comment

• i am happy today as one of my cyber friend just let me have his new 3d model of indonesia's best selling car. just for info, he spent 1 month to compose it by autocad.
              [COLOR=#0000cd]"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve" [/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by PhilippeD View Post
                Hey B_A, if one of the chicken get scratch/cut, put it aside while it heal.
                If not the other chicken will "pick" on it until he died... chicken a cruel creature!!!

The "boss" of the herd will pick up fight with everyone he will seem not accepting his superiority.
                Never turn your back to him!!! (why do you think it have cock fight???)

and for last, for your layer, whatever are your decision, eat or hatch, let her eat the shell of the egg, it's how they get a supplement of calcium for make more egg.
                Re the eggs...I ate one and now we have 3 waiting for her to sit on them...
                I got a cheapy calcium supply from the pet shop for her- well its supposed to be for dogs but its in capsule form so it will sprinkle in the food- though the shells are nice & hard... not at all like the thin ones on the shop bought eggs... hubby happy - says Ayam Kampung eggs are egggspensive (hehehe). So if we get a flock going we could end up with enough to sell...

I learned some interesting tips re the cock... apparently if I chase him & scare him initially he will back down cos he will know he is not top of the flock ... or I must pick him up & carry him around for 10 minutes or so per day- allegedly chickens are not wired up for dealing with being carried so they become confused & submissive... we'll see.
                Cicak Magnet

Comment

• Originally posted by bad_azz View Post
                  Re the eggs...I ate one and now we have 3 waiting for her to sit on them...
                  She might not sit, BA you might need to get a broody hen. My grandfather kept chickens for eggs and also for selling cleaned birds. He used to incubate the eggs himself in an incubator, that is what most rearers do.

You also need to know that the cockerel is doing his "duty" some farmers can tell by looking at the feathers at the back of their hens necks, (they should be pulled and ruffled), otherwise they candle the eggs to see if they are fertile.

I can't remember all the stuff these days so I've copied you a couple of links.

On fertilisation

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you...een_fertilized

http://www.localharvest.org/blog/269...d_chicken_eggs

on hatching naturally

http://smallfarm.about.com/od/chicke...-Naturally.htm

http://www.motherearthnews.com/homes...#axzz2XKNR5aj3

Good luck.

Comment

• My roosters are both rampant... I know the Kampung rooster has been doing his thing, he's at the layer every chance he gets
                    I used to care for a flock of chickens waaaay back so I do know some basics... and have forgot a lot more.
                    Thanks for all the useful info guys xxx
                    Cicak Magnet

Comment

• Feel different today, need to find a new job, any ideas?
                      [COLOR=#ff0000]Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds[/COLOR]. Albert Einstein

Comment

• Really? What happened?

Perhaps contact Rabbit on their bigger projects?
                        [FONT=arial black]
                        [/FONT]

Comment

• Lets just say a difference in management styles.
                          [COLOR=#ff0000]Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds[/COLOR]. Albert Einstein

Comment

• I left a job/company once because of a micro-managing boss. Drove me crazy.
                            [FONT=arial black]
                            [/FONT]

Comment

• Exactly the same here. Our goal may be the same, but there are many different way to get there. Here its his way or no way.

Even though i dont have a new job, I just could not work here any longer. To much stress for too little money. I want to build this power station, and can, they see the targets in a different light.

Comment

• Search for an International business Jim
                                From what I know, Indonesian have almost all same kind of management.
                                In most of the situation it would be changing for the same... but, yah! sometime, just "changing" is good enough for bring a refresh for couple of month!
                                La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

Comment

Working...
                                X