How are you today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by naughtygab View Post
    yes Phil .. in a weird way it's the best thing at the moment. since the chuch parking lot was flooded too ha ha ...
    today , it's not really a bad day i guess... , but the 'trauma' of having my laptop , camera and handycam stolen on christmas eve ( someone broke into my house while i was at church...or maybe before that ) is still there. it's not about the lost of the stolen part, but the thought of uninvited strangers had come to my personal place bother me a lot.
    now i have to spare some money again to buy a new laptop since at the moment i need to stop my design work.
    and uhm... Phil, i have to learn to speak french. ... man .... now i wish i were born in the french spreaking part of belgium
    Why do you have to learn French?
    Don't worry too much, when you already know a latin language it's more easy to learn French.

Your computer got stolen! that is bad, even more that you do design/business with it.
    If my computer was stolen, I would be very more sad for the lost is contain (pic and other) than the computer itself.
    The post syndrome of insecurity is very normal, I hope it will pass soon!

Take care
    La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

Comment

• Sad news from me.

Woke up this morning readily for the new day but the mood turned up side down drastically when got reported by the maid that Benny our iguana had been eaten by a rat and she needed to clean his blood that was all over his cage and the floor.

Benny was still alive though when I saw him, but dying of losing his legs and lot of blood. He died not long after I accompanied him for a while, and tapped his head saying that he should go.

My husband sprayed the whole house with some mosquito repellent last night, that is why he moved Benny’s cage to our warehouse and left the warehouse un-sprayed. We didn't know that this precaution lead to Benny’s death instead and the rat was inside the warehouse.

How did the rat get inside Benny’s cage which is just like any iguana’s cage had small gap between the wires and get out again is still a mystery to us. The door still closed when my maid found it.

RIP Benny.
      Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

• so sorry to hear that you lost your pet Alia. ... RIP benny
        dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

• Thanks Gab,

Here's Benny with the girls. See the cage ? How could a rat get inside it and found its way out ??? I'm so buying a rat poison and wont stop hunting them till they're out of my house !

Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alia View Post
            Sad news from me.

Woke up this morning readily for the new day but the mood turned up side down drastically when got reported by the maid that Benny our iguana had been eaten by a rat and she needed to clean his blood that was all over his cage and the floor.

Benny was still alive though when I saw him, but dying of losing his legs and lot of blood. He died not long after I accompanied him for a while, and tapped his head saying that he should go.

My husband sprayed the whole house with some mosquito repellent last night, that is why he moved Benny’s cage to our warehouse and left the warehouse un-sprayed. We didn't know that this precaution lead to Benny’s death instead and the rat was inside the warehouse.

How did the rat get inside Benny’s cage which is just like any iguana’s cage had small gap between the wires and get out again is still a mystery to us. The door still closed when my maid found it.

RIP Benny.
            RIP Benny
            I remember the lost of our cat when I was kid, it was very painful. All my condoléance for your kid Alia.

*if one leg can pass through the gap of the wire it can explain how it was bite by the rat.*

Comment

• Here's for Bennie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EtCrHBq7Ds" data-vcode="1EtCrHBq7Ds" data-vprovider="youtube" >
              "Science is the philosophy of discovery. Intelligent design is a philosophy of ignorance"

Comment

• Thanks Phil, Red..

Phil .., yeah, that could be, although if that was what happened, I still confused on how since it wasnt just a leg, but two legs, part of his stomach and face that were bitten. Seemed like the battle happened inside the cage.

Anyway, he is gone now. We still have Billy, his mate, the red iguana. I dont know if its just me or Billy really doesnt seem to liking his veggies this morning, when he usually finish them quickly. I think he is still in shock.

Comment

• Hugs sis xxxx
                  Cicak Magnet

Comment

• Hi Alia, sorry to hear this news.... how are the girls???? RIP Benny. xx.

[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
                    Love.....Courage.....Destiny

Comment

• Yesterday, the sister in law come pass the day at home (I'm living with the in law).
                      She have a I-pad and let my little one play with it. It's not the first time she let my little one play with it, but it seem that she become addict.

This morning as my sister in law was still there, she start to cry becasue she can't have the I-pad as the husband of the in-law have left with it.
                      My wife told her to not cry, he will come back at 10 and she will able to play with the I-pad.
                      I had complain to my wife to create hope to my little one that she don't know if it will be possible...

When he come back at around 10, he pick up the sist-in law and left... my little one was not able to play with the I-pad
                      When she see them going, she pass between the leg of my wife and run after the car shouting "pinjam, pinjam..." (borrow)
                      Hopefully, we live inside a housing and the road was empty...

Gosh! She run after the car asking for borrow the I-pad!!!
                      After my wife grab her and bring her back to house, she start to cry and cry and cry... until puke... and finally falling asleep.

When I pass at home at 12, she was still sleeping and my wife told me the story.

Gosh! only 2 year old and she already ask for a I-pad (the wife kind of insist for we buy her one).
                      What would it be when she will be 16!!!

And now I have a though about her and her sister (10 month) who were fighting about the I-pad of the sister in law... hopefully the younger still can't walk, not still... but it will be for very very soon, she already can stand

Comment

• IMO Phil,
                        aside from ipad, also introduce her to local games ...i think addiction to tech game like computer and stuffs has brought some physical problem, like scoliosis.
                        i saw too many kids ( age 3- 12) with backbone problem/eye problem due to computer games. ..
                        but yeah ipad is a very interesting thing for any kids so far i see
                        dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

• I'm aware of the problem computer/tablet/phone game can bring to a kid
                          The worse is 3D thing
                          The vision of a kid is not fulled fixed before his 12. 3D movie or game have an impact in the development of the relation brain-eyes.

When me and my wife talk about it we conclude, IF we buy an I-pad, it will be tied with a schedule and max time to use per day.
                          Over an I-pad, I would prefer buy a WII with the "step" where you can do a lot of physical while playing.
                          ... Still in discussion with the wife!

I also often bring her walking and play in a small playground nearby the house... but recently many people saw a big cobra in the surrounding... my wife stress out when I take the little one for a walk after dark!!!

Comment

• buy the wii, you will all love it.
                            There is lots of time for computer games later xx
                            Cicak Magnet

Comment

• Originally posted by bad_azz View Post
                              buy the wii, you will all love it.
                              There is lots of time for computer games later xx
                              It's one of the reason I push for the wii instead of the I-Pad.
                              The wii with the "step" can be very physical, way better than a I-Pad and have more possibility to be enjoy by all the family.

The only thing is, I'm not sure how much my little one (2 year old) can really use a wii. Not too much advanced for her?

Comment

• she will surprise you
                                also the wii is a much better game for all the family to participate in at the same time...
                                Cicak Magnet

Comment

Working...
                                X