Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are you today?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Sari.D View Post
    in mourning my father in law passed away a couple of days ago. We were supposed to meet up in Jamaica for Christmas.. just one more month.
    my condolence...
    better be late than nothing right
    [COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=tahoma]I'm glad to be back
    [/FONT]
    [/COLOR]

    Comment


    • Thanks Howie! Sorry I missed your post earlier! Thanks paulinenindhya!

      The service went smoothly this morning, the two floor church was packed.. people came in from all over. Its heart-warming to know how much impact my FIL had on others. That truly is the only thing that matters when you pass. Not a dry eye in the house when the slideshow and video was played
      living to the fullest @

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Sari.D View Post
        Thanks Howie! Sorry I missed your post earlier! Thanks paulinenindhya!

        The service went smoothly this morning, the two floor church was packed.. people came in from all over. Its heart-warming to know how much impact my FIL had on others. That truly is the only thing that matters when you pass. Not a dry eye in the house when the slideshow and video was played
        Hi Sari, I hope that the ceremony was a beautiful one for your FIL and your family. I would have been crying too, feeling the sadness of your family. I hope at least that it was nice to see all the family come together and be reunited, even if for a terrible reason.....

        [FONT=Arial][/FONT]
        Love.....Courage.....Destiny

        Comment


        • Thanks Jelly, hubby said the ceremony was beautiful, I wished I was there too I had to stay back because a visitor visa takes 4-6 weeks to process. *sigh*. After the ceremony we video chat and he took the laptop around so I can meet his relatives.. hehhe kinda nerdy, but it worked. He put the laptop on a table so I can see everyone and they can see me, it was nice, felt like I was there
          living to the fullest @

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Sari.D View Post
            Thanks Jelly, hubby said the ceremony was beautiful, I wished I was there too I had to stay back because a visitor visa takes 4-6 weeks to process. *sigh*. After the ceremony we video chat and he took the laptop around so I can meet his relatives.. hehhe kinda nerdy, but it worked. He put the laptop on a table so I can see everyone and they can see me, it was nice, felt like I was there
            that's so sweet of him
            Imagine, it's POSSIBLE. Dream boundless...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Sari.D View Post
              Thanks Jelly, hubby said the ceremony was beautiful, I wished I was there too I had to stay back because a visitor visa takes 4-6 weeks to process. *sigh*. After the ceremony we video chat and he took the laptop around so I can meet his relatives.. hehhe kinda nerdy, but it worked. He put the laptop on a table so I can see everyone and they can see me, it was nice, felt like I was there
              That was a really good way around your visa absence.... cool.... at least you felt close to your husband and the family via the video chat. I'm sure he would have loved you to have been there by his side, so the next best thing..... yes, that really is sweet.

              [FONT=Arial][/FONT]
              Love.....Courage.....Destiny

              Comment


              • Well, I'm feeling really proud of my nephew today. He turned 18 today. He came to live with us about 13 months ago. He is my brother's son. My brother is a gambler and has mentally and physically abused him his whole life.... His mother is a recovering alcoholic who is unreliable...... So when he came to live with us he had depression, had dropped out of school and basically out of society.... was staying in his room 3 to 5 days at a time, had no 'real' friends, just cyber ones...

                Today, he no longer has depression. He's just finishing year 11 of school. He is a McDonald's Crew Trainer and loves his part-time job. He's just finishing off a Certificate III in Retail. He's just about to do his driver's licence driving test. He just bought a $9000 car with his own savings......He has a 'real' best friend who is lovely.... he rides his bike around and he really seems happy...... and I'm proud and happy too.
                Last edited by jellygrapes; 05-11-12, 17:00.

                [FONT=Arial][/FONT]
                Love.....Courage.....Destiny

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jellygrapes View Post
                  Well, I'm feeling really proud of my nephew today. He turned 18 today. He came to live with us about 13 months ago. He is my brother's son. My brother is a gambler and has mentally and physically abused him his whole life.... His mother is a recovering alcoholic who is unreliable...... So when he came to live with us he had depression, had dropped out of school and basically out of society.... was staying in his room 3 to 5 days at a time, had no 'real' friends, just cyber ones...

                  Today, he no longer has depression. He's just finishing year 11 of school. He is a McDonald's Crew Trainer and loves his part-time job. He's just finishing off a Certificate III in Retail. He's just about to do his driver's licence driving test. He just bought a $9000 car with his own savings......He has a 'real' best friend who is lovely.... he rides his bike around and he really seems happy...... and I'm proud and happy too.
                  I am also happy to hear that. Bad influence isn't a right place to grew up. And I think you've done a great job on him .
                  Imagine, it's POSSIBLE. Dream boundless...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by babygirl View Post
                    I am also happy to hear that. Bad influence isn't a right place to grew up. And I think you've done a great job on him .
                    Thank you babygirl.... my heart is so full right now. I'm also very lucky my husband allowed us to take him into our home.... he's a very good family man too. I'm lucky.

                    [FONT=Arial][/FONT]
                    Love.....Courage.....Destiny

                    Comment


                    • My younger one have her teeth that grow.
                      She had little fever and very cranky, I hope it will pass fast.

                      This morning, my both little girl wake up in same time, the older one move in the bed of the younger.
                      Laying aside each other, they both turn the head, have a eyes to eyes look and laugh to each other.
                      They repeat that 2-3 time.
                      Habitually the older one don't like if the younger is too much close, put an arm or a leg on her, she will always push her.
                      This morning the younger one put a leg over the one of her sister, she didn't complain or try to remove it and keep smiling to her sister.

                      Papa is happy!
                      La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

                      Comment


                      • Thanks for the kind words Jelly and BG Wow Jelly, thank you for sharing with us, that is very kind of you and your husband! You made a huge difference in your nephew's life, might very well saved his life actually. Gambler + alcoholic is such a toxic environment for a kid to grow up. He is very lucky to have you two in his life!

                        Awww Phillippe, thats too cute

                        My day was good today, work wasn't that crazy but I can feel an an impending doom coming lol by the end of this week. Cant wait for hubby to return on Sunday. And we will have visitors for the next two weeks yay!!
                        living to the fullest @

                        Comment


                        • Just got massage... Me so happy
                          Imagine, it's POSSIBLE. Dream boundless...

                          Comment


                          • i got flu..... incl sore throat, runny nose, headache... and pile of works to do ..
                            dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by naughtygab View Post
                              i got flu..... incl sore throat, runny nose, headache... and pile of works to do ..
                              2 bottles of u1000..sometimes help me to survive till the end of the day
                              Imagine, it's POSSIBLE. Dream boundless...

                              Comment


                              • my doctor told me it's not good to drink u1000. i bring my medicines to the office ... and it makes me soooo sleepy

                                Originally posted by babygirl View Post
                                2 bottles of u1000..sometimes help me to survive till the end of the day
                                dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X