Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are you today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I flew to Montreal last October, it is a long and tiring flight.

    I hope you still post on here sometimes.
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds[/COLOR]. Albert Einstein

    Comment


    • Caught by police during 3-in-1 hour. Gonna give a birthday surprise for a friend in a few hours. Had a great chat with a friend from Phil. So far, not so bad.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by PhilippeD View Post
        Sadly (or hopefully depending on which side you look at it) I'm leaving Indonesia very soon.
        I don't think I will be able to come back soon here. it's quite far Montreal-Jakarta
        Hi Philippe.....I'm from Vancouver but now live in Bali for a few years. I recently paid for surgery for a colon tumor in Bali as I was told if I return to B.C. I'd need to wait 90 days to re-enter the BC Medical Services plan...also, as it wasn't an emergency I'd be on an elective surgery waiting list.

        I read you're returning to Montreal after being in RI for a while.....is the Medical Services Plan in Quebec the same as B.C. for those returning after being away a few years?
        Last edited by Davita; 24-03-16, 22:55.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Davita View Post
          Hi Philippe.....I'm from Vancouver but now live in Bali for a few years. I recently paid for surgery for a colon tumor in Bali as I was told if I return to B.C. I'd need to wait 90 days to re-enter the BC Medical Services plan...also, as it wasn't an emergency I'd be on an elective surgery waiting list.

          I read you're returning to Montreal after being in RI for a while.....is the Medical Services Plan in Quebec the same as B.C. for those returning after being away a few years?
          Yes Davita, it is the same thing, out for te first 3 months.
          Which i don't care for me... but it stress me a bit for the kid. Accident can happen so fast with young kid!
          La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jim69 View Post
            I flew to Montreal last October, it is a long and tiring flight.

            I hope you still post on here sometimes.
            Yes it will be a loooong tiring travel, even more with the 2 kid to care about.
            We will take 2 day for the trip. The first day will be Samarinda-Balikpapan-Singapore and next day will be singapore-Hong-kong-Toronto-Montreal.

            I promise myself to keep lurking on the forum, but can't promise anything.
            I will also try to find time to back up and write about my experience in this 6 year in Indonesia.
            La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

            Comment


            • Originally posted by PhilippeD View Post
              Sadly (or hopefully depending on which side you look at it) I'm leaving Indonesia very soon.
              I don't think I will be able to come back soon here. it's quite far Montreal-Jakarta
              I wish you all the luck in your new life.
              Quick question, if you don't mind: if you had to resume your experience in Indonesia in a single paragraph, would you say about it?
              Thanks!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by PhilippeD View Post
                Yes Davita, it is the same thing, out for te first 3 months.
                Which i don't care for me... but it stress me a bit for the kid. Accident can happen so fast with young kid!
                Thanks for your answer...I was hoping Quebec was a bit more accommodating. Maybe you can get travel insurance for the kids to cover things like accidents.
                Anyway....bon voyage.

                Comment


                • I am feeling a bit shit to be honest.

                  Last week I was in Surabaya and visited a colleague at the place I used to work, whilst I was there I said hi to my old secretary who happily informed me that she was using my old laptop now and had found a bunch of photos on the laptop in some of the old archived files. I finished up my meeting and went back to her desk and enjoyed looking at some random old photos most of which had been either lost or I hadn't seen for years.

                  Amongst the early photos of my kids and other random work and family related stuff was a few photographs of me and an old girlfriend of mine. There was an old photograph from about 98/99 and we are standing together on the beach in the thousand islands. I dated her for a good few months and in that time I fell for her hook line and sinker, she was the first Indonesian girl I can say I honestly loved.

                  We had separated when I was forced to return to the UK for a few months not knowing if I was ever going to be able to return. I did eventually return and by the time I got back she was dating someone else who she went on to marry. Over the years we have stayed in touch via email nothing heavy or inappropriate, just a yearly mail to see how we were both doing in our respective lives. We both ended up happily married with kids and went on our separate life paths.

                  Armed with my new found photo of us on the beach I emailed her on the way back to the city and eagerly waited for a reply that didn't come. This was put down to her being busy with the kids or whatever so I wasn't really bothered however after a good few days back in Bali it was becoming a bit too long. Being nosey I decided to leave a message on her FB - and couldn't find her profile which had been completely removed. From there I did a web search on her full name and turned up a Berikut berduka cita memorial posting on FB from a woman I didn't know. Worried I left a message on her page with my phone number, another week went past and I had still heard nothing.

                  Last night the woman's husband contacted me, and we had a bit of a discussion as to the facts. Obviously I needed to be careful and he said he understood the delicacy of the situation. He asked to see the photo so as to confirm we were talking about the same person, the phone went quiet for a while and he then replied that he was very sorry to be the bearer of sad news and it was infact his wife's friend / my ex girlfriend. She had died 10 months earlier after losing a battle with lung cancer (ironically she didn't smoke) she was just 40 years old and leaves behind 2 young kids. She was buried in the traditional Muslim way in a family plot in a cemetery in Bekasi. He even sent me a picture of her grave and headstone, which hit me like a ton of bricks.

                  As you can imagine I am very shocked and saddened by the news, I even shed a tear or two over the fact I never actually told her just how much she had meant to me. Silly I know, but as big and tough as we all like to think we are, this really got to me, just such a shit ending for such a lovely woman, that's before you even consider the poor kids left without a mum.

                  So I feel very sad and melancholy today, it just seems so cruel and unfair.

                  Comment


                  • Today I've got a bad ear infection & am on the Antibiotics, all because I had decided to clean the inside of the cupboard under the kitchen sink & was laying on my back on the floor with my head & torso in the cupboard when I bumped the pipe from the sink which came apart at the "S" bend & covered my head in filthy scum, some of which went in my ear.

                    I told my wife that she shouldn't laugh & she said "I'm not", then I replied "but you've got a strange look on your face" & then she laughed.
                    Last edited by macvert; 31-03-16, 19:06.
                    The answer is 42 .... any questions? .

                    Comment


                    • I went to a job interview, and I got the job..I was exciting to work there, because the company and the office location are interesting.Before I applied, I read about the salary on the advertisement, it's a little bit higher than what I get from my current job..But after the interview, I was told that the salary is below that..it's IDR 100,000 lower than my current salary and with 30hours longer working per month..So basically salary per hour will be much lower than my current job..I really feel uncomfortable in current office because of my work partner. But unfortunately the offer didn't meet my expectation.So I just declined the job offer, and am still feeling sad about it. I have to accept the fact that I will still need to work with my work partner that really make me stressful..duhh duhh duhh..Hope to get a new job again with better offer..

                      Comment


                      • I will not quit my job just because not comfortable with my partner. you will find the same one or even worst in other company or other place - get to know what the problem and solve it.

                        Comment


                        • is going to my bestfriend's wedding tomorrow. We grew up together, were were neighbours, went to the same high school. She's moving to USA with her (soon to be) husband. I feel like half of my soul is taken. I will definitely miss her... I can't express it with words, I'm just...sad... Then I realised that I'm already old and single. It makes me worried somehow, ha ha ha. Sigh.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by queenTiara View Post
                            I went to a job interview, and I got the job..I was exciting to work there, because the company and the office location are interesting.Before I applied, I read about the salary on the advertisement, it's a little bit higher than what I get from my current job..But after the interview, I was told that the salary is below that..it's IDR 100,000 lower than my current salary and with 30hours longer working per month..So basically salary per hour will be much lower than my current job..I really feel uncomfortable in current office because of my work partner. But unfortunately the offer didn't meet my expectation.So I just declined the job offer, and am still feeling sad about it. I have to accept the fact that I will still need to work with my work partner that really make me stressful..duhh duhh duhh..Hope to get a new job again with better offer..
                            I'd certainly approach them and say you'd love the job, but the salary offered wasn't adequate. Name what you do expect. At worse, they say no.
                            Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by wisnupurwanto View Post
                              I will not quit my job just because not comfortable with my partner. you will find the same one or even worst in other company or other place - get to know what the problem and solve it.
                              yes it's possible, I may find the same one or even worst in other companies, but I wouldn't know if it could be worse or better if I never try.. And I don't have any problem to solved with her, she's just a person who cannot respect your ideas, and I feel much pressure since I worked with her.. But thanks for your opinion btw
                              I still work in my current company and still work with her, tho..

                              Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
                              I'd certainly approach them and say you'd love the job, but the salary offered wasn't adequate. Name what you do expect. At worse, they say no.
                              I told the manager the reason I declined the job offer was because of the salary, and he replied that was the maximum salary they could offer.. so yeah, I didn't take that job and still looking for a better opportunity thanks for replying
                              Last edited by queenTiara; 20-04-16, 17:59.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
                                I am feeling a bit shit to be honest.

                                Last week I was in Surabaya and visited a colleague at the place I used to work, whilst I was there I said hi to my old secretary who happily informed me that she was using my old laptop now and had found a bunch of photos on the laptop in some of the old archived files. I finished up my meeting and went back to her desk and enjoyed looking at some random old photos most of which had been either lost or I hadn't seen for years.

                                Amongst the early photos of my kids and other random work and family related stuff was a few photographs of me and an old girlfriend of mine. There was an old photograph from about 98/99 and we are standing together on the beach in the thousand islands. I dated her for a good few months and in that time I fell for her hook line and sinker, she was the first Indonesian girl I can say I honestly loved.

                                We had separated when I was forced to return to the UK for a few months not knowing if I was ever going to be able to return. I did eventually return and by the time I got back she was dating someone else who she went on to marry. Over the years we have stayed in touch via email nothing heavy or inappropriate, just a yearly mail to see how we were both doing in our respective lives. We both ended up happily married with kids and went on our separate life paths.

                                Armed with my new found photo of us on the beach I emailed her on the way back to the city and eagerly waited for a reply that didn't come. This was put down to her being busy with the kids or whatever so I wasn't really bothered however after a good few days back in Bali it was becoming a bit too long. Being nosey I decided to leave a message on her FB - and couldn't find her profile which had been completely removed. From there I did a web search on her full name and turned up a Berikut berduka cita memorial posting on FB from a woman I didn't know. Worried I left a message on her page with my phone number, another week went past and I had still heard nothing.

                                Last night the woman's husband contacted me, and we had a bit of a discussion as to the facts. Obviously I needed to be careful and he said he understood the delicacy of the situation. He asked to see the photo so as to confirm we were talking about the same person, the phone went quiet for a while and he then replied that he was very sorry to be the bearer of sad news and it was infact his wife's friend / my ex girlfriend. She had died 10 months earlier after losing a battle with lung cancer (ironically she didn't smoke) she was just 40 years old and leaves behind 2 young kids. She was buried in the traditional Muslim way in a family plot in a cemetery in Bekasi. He even sent me a picture of her grave and headstone, which hit me like a ton of bricks.

                                As you can imagine I am very shocked and saddened by the news, I even shed a tear or two over the fact I never actually told her just how much she had meant to me. Silly I know, but as big and tough as we all like to think we are, this really got to me, just such a shit ending for such a lovely woman, that's before you even consider the poor kids left without a mum.

                                So I feel very sad and melancholy today, it just seems so cruel and unfair.
                                I know this was posted a month ago, but I nust wanted to give you the virtual hug anyway and tell you that you don'tsound stilly to me.
                                Maybe you already did, but maybe you should make a visit to her rest place.
                                Anyway, my condolences.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X