No announcement yet.

How are you today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am fine. Not so good, neither at my worst.

Comment

• After 6 weeks in Jakarta, my wife returned to Iowa, arriving after a long and tiring, but uneventful, JAL itinerary. Great to have her back.

Comment

• Originally posted by PhilippeD View Post
        Close your mouth, pinch your nose and blow hard until it make "pop" in your hear.
        And everything will be fine!
        Although it may work for water I am not sure it if it will work for sand. Also any laryngologist will say it is dangerous to do it the way you have described. The best is to yawn or chew some gum/food.

Sand has to be washed in warm water but you have to be careful not to push it deep inside your ear.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMALLWORLD View Post
          Although it may work for water I am not sure it if it will work for sand. Also any laryngologist will say it is dangerous to do it the way you have described. The best is to yawn or chew some gum/food.

Sand has to be washed in warm water but you have to be careful not to push it deep inside your ear.
          In my imagination the "pop" was your head blowing up! :P

Maybe not the best way...

Put your head on the side and spray water inside it (to the hear facing down!).

And... How the hell do you got Sand in your hear???
          La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

Comment

• Originally posted by PhilippeD View Post
            In my imagination the "pop" was your head blowing up! :P

Maybe not the best way...

Hehee the head will not blow up but the inside of the ear - eardrum you can damage it or in more optimistic scenario get it inflammated together with Eustachian tube.

Comment

• Still more funny to imagine the head blowing up!

Comment

• Originally posted by SMALLWORLD View Post

I used cotton buds and it pushed the sands even deeper. gonna see the doctor today

Originally posted by PhilippeD View Post

I swam in the ocean. Long story short, there was big wave and the sand got into my ear and everywhere
                Cheers,

Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Comment

• Originally posted by Phalange View Post
                  Oh Also, i feel like there's still sand in my both ears. any advice of how to get rid of it?

I use either hydrogen peroxide(mix with a little warm water) or a mix of half white vinegar and half rubbing alcohol. I only use Q-tips for cleaning the outside of the ears, never stick it in your ear canal you can make it worse, and it's hard to get the cotton out of your ears.
                  Last edited by Todd-sun; 04-09-15, 19:21.

Comment

I just got back from backpacking through Lombok and everyone in the office are commenting on how dark I become. Keep telling them that I actually sunbathed there, and they keep commenting about how i should be on shades and wear layers to cover the skin from the sun. I feel sexy with my newly tanned skin but people keep mocking my tanned skin. So I told them "If you're not comfortable with your own skin, don't make others feel the same. Unlike you, I feel super sexy in anyway. It's never about how I look, it's about how I feel about it."
                    And that's how I'm likely to have lunch alone today.

This just in - tan is sexy! Tell your coworkers white people spend millions of dollars a year on suntan lotion and sunblock to get tan, tell them to get over it

Comment

I used cotton buds and it pushed the sands even deeper. gonna see the doctor today
                      I was thinking you may do it this way. No time to waste get a doctor to have a look they may also clean it properly if the sand got deeper inside your ear.

Comment

• eventually... human body have ways to get rid of things.... it only takes patience... sometimes the more you try, the harder it gets...

Comment

• thanks for the advice guys! I went to the doctor to get the sands out, and now i can hear the voices inside my head again.
                          Cheers,

Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Comment

• Its been 5 days and my wife is still up during the wee hours surfing the cable channels and raiding the refrigerator. Adjusting to a shift of 12 time zones after returning from a 6 week visit in Jakarta takes, well, a lot of time.

Comment

• yes mrs buffay ....
                              Originally posted by Phalange View Post
                              and now i can hear the voices inside my head again.
                              dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

• Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
                                Its been 5 days and my wife is still up during the wee hours surfing the cable channels and raiding the refrigerator. Adjusting to a shift of 12 time zones after returning from a 6 week visit in Jakarta takes, well, a lot of time.
                                My parent are will come here in next January... I expect they will take 2 week to set up to live upside down, we also have 12 hour jetlag. Nigth time become day time!

Comment

Working...
                                X