No announcement yet.

How are you today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can order it from surabaya +30 rb for the delivery fee i think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berlarutlarut View Post
      Pedant alert: Unless those are Indonesian spellings, in English it should be Crunchy (not Chruncy), Cream (not Creame), Crispy (noy Chrispy) and probably fruit cake not fruits cake

My wife is Indonesian and I'm French Canadian... I didn't even have a though about making an ENGLISH correction of the brochure.

add: I pass the word to my wife, she will do the correction soon... or later...
      Last edited by PhilippeD; 26-05-14, 10:17.
      La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

Comment

• Originally posted by vania~ View Post
        oh yummm! i really wanna go out, eating those cakes now but on the weekend.. every place like cafe seems so crowded and intimidating when you just hang out by yourself huffft

btw phillippeD, can i order the cakes to jakarta? next week is my birthday.. its a tradition in my office to bring something like a treat if someone have a birthday
        Happy birthday Vania

The way it work: In morning we make the cake + time to cool down for they can be send before 10 am by TIKI
        The cost for send in max 24 hour is of 150... which make no sense, so we use the 48 hour max delivery. The one we send people receive it at around 17 the next day (1½ day). Which is very acceptable for the freshness of the cake - but yah... it's not like a fresh out of the oven!

Only the english fruit, appla, choco and pisang pandan can be send by mail. Other would suffer will suffer of the transport (would arrive scramble).
        The weight of each of this cake are 875g and cost for send are 35 000rp

the brochure have the BBpin of my wife, you are very welcome to contact her

Originally posted by Alia View Post
        Wow Phil...! Those really really look great !!

If Im going back again to Samarinda, I certainly will have some of those.

And what Berlarut said. A constructive critics....
        you are welcome to order a cake anytime you want

For the meal and creamy cheesy cake, you are welcome to visit us. You will have them fresh out of the oven.

Comment

• heu... the creamy cheesy is better cold... so you will get it fresh out of the refrigerator

Comment

• Im helping you advertising it... i should get 1 piece

Comment

• I saw many time school kid (or not so much kid) asking for have foreigner to interview.
              I saw them enough often for make me curious and wondering what so special do they expect from foreigner?
              The curiosity was not enough for have me try to be in an interview, which in some way repulse me more than anything else. Also all request were for foreigner living in Jakarta... quite far away of me.

2 week ago a small group of school teen knock at our door, they were searching for foreigner to interview: Yah! Why not!
              And we take rendez-vous for the next week end.

The next sunday my wife made them a cake and simple preparation for receive the girl, 4 of them come to our house.
              On a shy tone they told us that some were missing to the call and the teacher want them all there for doing the interview.
              They ask me politely to report to interview to the next weekend.
              ?How much do you will be for interviewing me?
              3 more to come
              Gosh! That make 7 for interviewing me

After they go I do the remark to my wife they were all girl. She answer me they were from a girl only school.

and.... Those girl will make me fat... I eat nearby half of the cake they didn't touch... you know, my wife cake are good! :P

I left my BBpin to the girl for they confirm me for the next interview. I'm not interested to another "fail" and try later.

All week long I didn't got news at all from them
              It's me who contact them on saturday for know what was going on with the interview.
              The girl seem shy and try to avoid/report the interview, particularly after I ask them to come later than the hour she offer me, she was afraid to disturb me.
              Need a little of cat à la Indonesian for we can fix the meeting at sunday 11h.
              I also ask her about the subject of the interview which I still don't have any idea of what it was.
              and sincerely... she didn't seem to know more than me!!! Aaah those school kid!!!

The meeting was yesterday.
              10:45, still nobody starting to gather in front of my house like last time. I send a message to the girl, which she said they are on the way...
              11:00, still nobody
              11:30, one is arriving, and slowly one by one the other arrive
              I had time to lunch.
              12:45, finally they are all there and ready to do the interview.

I bring 2 more chair in the entrance... hey they are only 6, Nah! Better not ask about the missing 7th!
              They start a cam without asking me, would prefer they ask... but didn't bother about it anyway so i didn't say anything... Aaah those school kid!!!
              They ask me a dozen of question about public transport in Indonesia and from where I'm from. Overall it last a 20 minute and it was a relax interview.
              2 - 3 picture at the end and they were gone.

They left me a box of mini donuts... do I already told you those girl will make me fat???

here are my six interviewer (intended bad quality):

Comment

• Originally posted by PhilippeD View Post
                I saw manytime school kid (or not so much kid) asking for have foreigner to interview.
                I saw them enough often for make me curious and wondering what so special do they expect from foreigner?
                The curiosity was not enough for have me try to be in an ...............

After they go I do the remark to my wife they were all girl. She answer me they were from a girl only school.

and.... Those girl will make me fat... I eat nearby half of the cake they didn't touch... you know, my wife cake are good! :P

I left my BBpin to the girl for they confirm me for the next interview. I'm not interested to another "fail" and

I bring 2 more chair in the entrance... hey they are only 6, Nah! Better not ask about the missing 7th!
                They start a cam without asking me, would prefer they ask... but didn't bother about it anyway so i didn't say anything... Aaah those school kid!!!
                They ask me a dozen of question about public transport in Indonesia and from where I'm from. Overall it last a 20 minute and it was a relax interview.
                2 - 3 ........
                i wonder why did they interview you? Are you somewhat famous?
                And now im jelly for all those cakes
                Lost in Jakarta's trafic jam

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleMonster View Post
                  i wonder why did they interview you? Are you somewhat famous?
                  And now im jelly for all those cakes
                  A foreigner in Samarinda who is less than 40 year olds (I still have couple of month under this title!!!) and ganteng... hard to be incognito!
                  If you don't count the business man who pass by for a couple of day, their is less than a dozen of westerner in Samarinda.
                  My wedding picture was use by the photographer when they sold a wedding package in a mall.

The school girl find me by asking the security of the housing... you talk about a security!!!

For the cake, You have the BB pin of my wife in the brochure... just contact her

Comment

• Originally posted by thediamond View Post
                    Im helping you advertising it... i should get 1 piece
                    You didn't told me you were on a regime?

Comment

• Actually, P, it was nice of you and you are ga sombong ya. Some people refuse to help with such kind of thing and you were willing to help them, salute! It's not about being famous, I think. It's that some teachers encourage their students to be brave to talk in English and practice/use it. Hence, they ask the students to find an English speaking person to talk to. And the students, of course, will try to find a foreigner or, Westerner to talk to. My friend told me, he often asked for an interview with school girls/boys when he's at the malls here in Jakarta, he didn't mind unless he was busy or rushing.

Regardless, P, I believe you are ganteng kok and being 40 or 45 won't change the ganteng-ness of a person, I'm sure. And in most case, people get more attractive when they are older.

With me was different, when bf and I went to Kota Tua, those people asked for a picture with him.
                      When one did, another group came and so on and we decided to to leave the place asap, cos we could see more people are eyeing on us.
                      He was fine at first but lama-lama he got tired and bete -_____- "W let's go somewhere else..."

And P, good luck with the cake ya!
                      Last edited by whatever; 26-05-14, 15:14.

Comment

• YIs that why you were ignorning me last sunday T.T

Comment

• Hi, guys, i just moved a few months ago from Sydney to Jakarta. Been here a few times already but looks like this time will be a loooonnggg stay. So i'd like to get in touch with fellow foreigners

How long have u guys been here in Indonesia?

Comment

• So, it took 9 seasons to figure who the mother is to just finally know that Ted will end up with Robin anyway????.
                            That is just awful!!! That is romantic!!!. I dont know, i cant decide.....

Ok, i sound crazy, i know. Sigh
                            Lost in Jakarta's trafic jam

Comment

• Just had a 3sum with phil d and his wife...confuse...

Comment

• Originally posted by thediamond View Post
                                Just had a 3sum with phil d and his wife...confuse...
                                So? got shy when my wife answer you my BB?

Comment

Working...
                                X