Moving to be with my fiance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to be with my fiance

I'm Justin from Eagan, MN and I'll be moving to Indonesia to be with my fiance in January 2021. We're planning to get married in March so I guess this is it for me.

Originally posted by justdougie View Post
    (1) I'm Justin from Eagan, MN ...

(2) We're planning to get married in March so I guess this is it for me.

(1) Do you mean you are American , correct ?

(2) Good luck .

http://www.expat.or.id/info/gettingm...indonesia.html (about marriage in Indonesia)
    http://www.expat.or.id/info/mixmarriages.html
    http://www.expat.or.id/info/familylaw.html
    http://www.expat.or.id/info/marriage...lications.html
    http://www.expat.or.id/info/prenuptialagreement.html (about the prenup/separated wealth for buying Indonesian property)

Comment

Hello, good luck to you! I hope you can make your plans come true in 2021, we had to cancel the wedding due to the world situation.

Comment

Originally posted by justdougie View Post
        I'm Justin from Eagan, MN and I'll be moving to Indonesia to be with my fiance in January 2021. We're planning to get married in March so I guess this is it for me.
        Hello Justin, I am Bill; currently living a bit south of you in Pella, Iowa. We had airline tickets for our annual family visit to Jakarta Timur for the past summer. The trip was, of course, cancelled when Indonesia banned entry of foreign nationals. We are now hoping to get visas for 2021. My wife is planning an early December call to the Chicago Consulate (where we normally purchase visa) to get their recommendations on when applications will likely be successful as well as what additional documentation will be required, such as proof of a vaccination, a recent negative test result, or both or something else.

Where are you at in the process and what hoops do you expect to have to jump through to get a visa for you January visit?

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
          ... We are now hoping to get visas for 2021. My wife is planning an early December call to the Chicago Consulate ... to get their recommendations on when applications will likely be successful as well as what additional documentation will be required, such as proof of a vaccination, a recent negative test result, or both or something else ...

I think you are already allowed to get a visa now (see below the new Regulation) .

-------------------------------------------------

REGULATION OF MINISTER OF LAW AND HUMAN RIGHTS NUMBER 26 OF 2020 ON VISA AND STAY PERMIT IN THE NEW NORMAL (29 Sept 2020)
          Article 2
          (1) Foreign national holding a legal and valid Visa and/or Stay Permit will be allowed to enter the Indonesian Territory through designated Immigration Border Controls after undergoing the health protocol procedure.
          (2) The health protocol as referred to in section (1) is determined by the ministry or agency mitigating the Covid-19 outbreak.
          (3) Visa and/or Stay Permit as referred to in section (1) consist of:
          a. Official Visa;
          b. Diplomatic Visa;
          c. Visitor Visa;
          d. Temporary Stay Visa;
          e. Official Stay Permit;
          f. Diplomatic Stay Permit;
          g. Temporary Stay Permit; and
          h. Permanent Stay Permit.

Article 4
          Visitor Visa as referred to in Article 2 section (3) point c is a single-entry Visitor Visa (B211) for the following purposes:
          a. an emergency and essential work;
          b. a business meeting;
          c. purchase of goods;
          d. a probationary period for foreign workers;
          e. a medical, food, and humanitarian aid worker; and
          f. a crew member who joins the vessel in Indonesia.

Article 5
          (1) Temporary Stay Visa as referred to in Article 2 section (2) point d is granted for:
          a. work activity; and/or
          b. non-work activity.
          (2) Temporary Stay Visa for the work activity ...
          (3) Temporary Stay Visa for the non-work activity as referred to in section (1) point b is granted to a foreigner for:
          a. a foreign investment;
          b. a family reunion;
          c. retirement travel.

Article 6
          (1) ...
          (2) Visitor Visa and Temporary Stay Visa, as referred to in section (1) require a Visa Approval from the Director General of Immigration and a Sponsor.
          (3) To obtain a Visa Approval from the Director-General of Immigration as referred to in section (2), a Sponsor must make an online application in accordance with the provisions of laws and regulations by completing:
          a. a health certificate in English declaring a free from Covid-19 by a competent authority at their home country;
          b. a declaration letter in English consented to do a mandatory self-isolation or undertake a medical treatment at an accommodation or a health facility designated by the Indonesian government at the traveler’s own expense when a PCR check upon arrival by the health authority at ports of entry results in a positive with the Covid-19 or with symptoms in accordance with the health protocol and provisions of law and regulations.
          c. a consent letter to be monitored during the quarantine or self-isolation in accordance with the health protocol and provisions of law and regulations.
          d. health insurance or travel insurance covering medical expenses, and/or a declaration letter of medical treatment at own expenses, if contracted with the Covid-19 during their stay in Indonesia.
          (4) ...
          (5) Visitor Visa and Temporary Stay Visa, as referred to in section (1) can be issued electronically as e-Visa. (Poster's Note : probably no need to go to an Embassy/Consulate , see link below)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...reign-visitors (e-Visa)
          Last edited by marcus; 1 week ago.

Comment

Working...
          X