Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live in Batam

Hi everyone.

just wanted to say a quick hello from us two here in New Zealand.

We we have decided that this year is our year of change and we are now planning on moving to Batam.

My my other half is 51 and writes Brooks and I work for the Government.

Our plan is to base him in Batam and for me to fly in and out from Australia.
    After hours of research and for ease of flights Batam looks to be the most convenient location, I think we are already in love with the lifestyle from what we have seen.

Quality of life is of high importance to us and we know Indonesia is a great fit.

Really look forwards to hearing from as many of you as possible. We appreciate your time and newly found support.

Day & Leigh

Originally posted by Dingleotter View Post
    ... Our plan lane is to base him in Batam and for me to fly in and out from Australia ...

An unusual plan , I personally don't like but hope it works for you two .

Comment

Hi Marcus.
      Thanks kindly for your Welcome.

Yes the move is unusual however as. Family we have spent the previous three years commuting from New Zealand to Australia and Washington DC so have no issue with that lifestyle.

The most important thing thing that we are craving is the warm steady climate that Indonesia provides as winters here in New Zealand are long cold wet and grey.

Usual move yes. Doable? Absolutely

Thanks again.

Day

Comment

Originally posted by Dingleotter View Post
        (1) ... After hours of research and for ease of flights Batam ...

(2) The most important thing .. is the warm steady climate that Indonesia provides ...

(1) I suggest you to stay some time in Batam and check how it really is . Flights Batam > < Australia are not easy to most people (1 stop , 13 hours trip to/from Melbourne or Sydney , around USD1'000) .

(2) To me it is too hot .

Comment

You might want to find out if there are any proof readers available in Batam before making the arrangement permanent.

Comment

Working...
          X