Greetings from America

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from America

Hello all. New member here, though I've read many interesting posts here before deciding to become a member.

My name is James, and I go by both James and Jim. I'm 74 years old, living near San Francisco, still woking but expecting to retire soon. When I do retire, I will have a pension and of course Social Security. Retirement provides me with lifetime medical care (in USA).

There is an Indonesian lady in my life, which is why I contemplate retiring to Indonesia. She's 55, self employed, and lives in Bintaro, next to Jakarta. We are both Catholic and widowed. When I I retire my lady and I plan to marry. I don't speak Bahasa yet, I'm university educated and my passion is photogrphy. I do some writing and expect to publish a few books, probably eBooks. My lady and I are both interested in starting a business together that we can run mostly online. I have a fledgeling drop-shipping business based in the US with US-based Internet and infrastructure provider. I know about restrictions on me working in Indonesia but hope that my photography/writing and web business will either be totally legal or can be safely operated under the radar in Indonesia. I also know that I can't own property in Indonesia but there are some possibilities after I marry my lady.

Beyond this, I have all the usual interests, curiosities and concerns. I look forward to learning from all you folks.

Originally posted by SummitJim View Post
    Hello all. New member here, ... hope that my photography/writing and web business will either be totally legal or can be safely operated under the radar in Indonesia ...
    Beyond this, I have all the usual interests, curiosities and concerns ...

Welcome James .

After you marry and get a KITAS sponsored by your Indonesian spouse , you could work informally without a Work Permit . When you start making money from your informal work , I would suggest you to ask your Indonesian wife to set up a small business so the income tax could be cheaply handled through it .

We will be waiting for your future posts .
    Last edited by marcus; 12-03-18, 10:46.

Comment

Working...
    X