California to Bali, but only partially

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California to Bali, but only partially

I'm a Chinese physician working in California. My wife is a US citizen and native Indonesian from Bandung originally. We have three kids ages 2-3. We will start 2017 living 2-3 months in Bali. Her family purchased a villa for us, so we can come more often and let them see the grandkids more. In the future, we might keep it 9 months US / 3 months Bali or we might progressively stay longer in Bali, depending on what we all prefer. Very excited to come for the first time very soon.

Originally posted by Cali-to-Bali View Post
    ...Her family purchased a villa for us, ...

Well , I hope everything is ok and you have a good stay in Indonesia , but be informed that foreigners cannot own Indonesian land .

http://www.expat.or.id/info/buyingproperty.html

Comment

My wife's family owns it. We stay there when we want and they plan to rent it out when we are not there.

Comment

Ah , now it is clear .

Comment

Hi and welcome to Bali,
          where are you staying? Near Denpasar?
          Always looking for new people with fresh stories and different experiences

All the best wishes
          Faris

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post

but be informed that foreigners cannot own Indonesian land .

http://www.expat.or.id/info/buyingproperty.html
            Marcus, do you troll everybody's post to find a discouraging word you can share with them?

I've only opened 3 posts here, and you have managed to disperse negativity on all of them.

Obviously, the parents own the land. And since you are such an expert on legalities in Indonesia.. kindly refer to ''Government Regulation No. 103/2015 on House Ownership of Foreigners Residing in Indonesia''

take some Zoloft and stop being the black cloud in everybody else's life

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Kohen View Post
              (1) Marcus, do you troll everybody's post to find a discouraging word you can share with them?

(2) I've only opened 3 posts here, and you have managed to disperse negativity on all of them.

(3) ... And since you are such an expert on legalities in Indonesia.. kindly refer to ''Government Regulation No. 103/2015 on House Ownership of Foreigners Residing in Indonesia'' ...

(1) Definition of troll by the Cambridge English Dictionary :
              "someone who leaves an intentionally annoying message on the internet, in order to get attention or cause trouble. a message that someone leaves on the internet that is intended to annoy people"

My main intention is to prevent people from getting in trouble . Yes , I understand that it sometimes can be annoying .

(2) Please be patient and one day you may find one of my more than 6'000 posts that you may like .

(3) I am not an expert . The Forum will be glad if you can contribute and I will be glad if you can correct me whenever I say something wrong . So what you can say about this Regulation you mentioned (I guess I didn't read it yet) ?

Comment

Marcus, do you troll everybody's post to find a discouraging word you can share with them?

I've only opened 3 posts here, and you have managed to disperse negativity on all of them.

Obviously, the parents own the land. And since you are such an expert on legalities in Indonesia.. kindly refer to ''Government Regulation No. 103/2015 on House Ownership of Foreigners Residing in Indonesia''

Triggered by Marcus ha ha!

Marcus, put a TRIGGER WARNING flag on your post
                failing fast or recover fast? Going AGILE.....

Comment

Be aware , marcus is one of the most helpful posters on this forum .

Comment

Now it is clear .

Comment

Working...
                    X