X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New and lost in Surabaya!!

Hello Everyone,

I am 22, from New York and on vacation.
    I am in Surabaya for next 2 months and completely lost already.
    I have been wandering around but i kill most of my time in Galaxy Mall since thats the only thing close to me. i have a driver and a car but thats of no use since i dont know where to go :P

If anyone if free and willing to kill time together i d be happy to see you!

//Ryan
    "we come in peace but don't be steppin' on toes"

sorry Ryan, I would but we're not there for another 5/6 weeks but welcome.... What are you doing there on a 2 month holiday???
    Sit long, talk much, laugh often.....

Comment

I've been in Surabaya for 2 years and I never know where I am most of the time.. LOL .. SUTOS (Surabaya Town Square) is a nice place to hangout. There are some nice restaurants there as well as two bars/pubs and live music on some nights. There's also a karaoke place there with a good selection of western songs. That's about it for Surabaya .. nothing much else really, except for the zoo.

Comment

You need a dose of Alia... where is she? Hmm will give her a kick and get her to log in...
        Cicak Magnet

Comment

Originally posted by badwithusername View Post
          Hello Everyone,

I am 22, from New York and on vacation.
          I am in Surabaya for next 2 months and completely lost already.
          I have been wandering around but i kill most of my time in Galaxy Mall since thats the only thing close to me. i have a driver and a car but thats of no use since i dont know where to go :P

If anyone if free and willing to kill time together i d be happy to see you!

//Ryan
          hi ryan, if you like high place and natural, go out from surabaya on weekends. your driver can bring you to see bromo and stay in malang for few days there are some good places to see in Malang, Surabaya is not a place for holiday (lived there 2 years) ... good luck

Comment

I'd stayed in surabaya for 3 months last year, here I think i can give u some recommendations :
            -Food Fest (It's crowded at night, there're many cafes n restaurants.. also there's many activities u can do there such as riding bike etc)
            -pasar atoom for cheap things and culinary experience
            -go to malang and go to Batu, Jatim Park (theme park), zoo etc..

Comment

Hi Ryan, I'll be landing next saturday in Surabaya and will be heading to Malang for 3 days holiday. Let me know if you want to visit malang and batu, I will bring you around.

Comment

Hi Ryan,

If you are free for 2 months in Indonesia, assuming u dont have any class or what so ever, What do you wish to do / where do u want to go?
                making list is a good thing. otherwise ur 2 months will be boring

( google it for details )

Surabaya :
                - Mall ( Tunjungan Plaza, Galaxy Mall, Grand city, Supermall, Sutos, Ciputra world ). cinemas ( XXI ) consider very cheap esp on weekdays.

- Resto -- lots of resto. culinary culinary culinary yummy slurpp ( if u miss western burger, try meatshop @west surabaya their wagyu burger is good & big & thick )

- House of sampoerna ( museum + cafe + sampoerna bus will take u around surabaya --> check for their bus schdle )

- think last month surabaya has wall climbing activities in west area ( dont know if it's still on ). open for public.

- ICA Sunday service ( 9 & 11 am ) - def u can meet expats / friends here. dont worry about dressing up. this is an english speaking service. u're free to use sandals, jeans, tshirt, or hiking pants. anything comfy.
                Galaxy Mall II, 4th Floor - Next to “Penang House" or in PTC ( supermall rooftop ).

further ( still in east java ):
                - Malang ( i always stop by @ Ayam Sri resto )

- Taman safari & Batu -> only if you have interest in animals / zoo.

- Mt Bromo ( east java specialty - i enjoyed this one. waiting e sun to rise & climb up mt Bromo. have put ur feet on mount's crater ?? all in all ..it's beautifull up there )

- a bit hiking : Kawah Ijen

Surabaya is also a hub to other beautifull island of Indonesia
                - diving / snorkling : Derawan island ( fly to Kalimantan ). can meet manta, stingray, turtle, grouper, lobster, many other fish, includes swimming with stingless jellyfish ( only in derawan & thailand if i'm not mistaken ).

- Jogjakarta : candi Borobudur, candi prambanan.

- Bandung : Saung Udjo ( angklung show ) , kawah putih , paris van java ; but i love Bandung for rumah sosis, prima rasa & kartika sari (pastry). btw bandung is famous for its factory outlet...plenty of FO ( dago area ). can continue to Jakarta if u want ( only couple hours )

- BALI !!!! temples, surfing, diving, snorkling, food, sunbathing, hiking, rafting, traditional bali dance, sea side, mount side, ricefield, forrest........all in Bali

Last one, this might sound crazy, but am considering u're a tourist ( on vacation - not for work ) ..... i never suggest this to non tourist
                May be u want to take picture with surabaya's landmark??
                - Suro & Boyo statue ( in front of surabaya zoo ) ---> Suro (fish) & Boyo (crocodile) ---> some legends of SURABAYA.
                - Heroes monument ( just tell your driver "Tugu Pahlawan" ). white statue looks like a pencil. fyi : they have underground monument, it's under heroes Monument. not many people visiting / know about it.
                - if u do want to take a kodak moment here, remember to ALWAYS "Be carefull with your belongings"

cheers.....and enjoy ur vacation

hope it helps

Comment

i think ayanregis already said it all :P

although there are few things i'd like to add because they're my favourite place to hang out:

- capital in lenmarc
                  - citysky in java paragon, it's a rooftop bar..really cool..probably the one and only in surabaya
                  - kirkos in ciputra world, it's another great bar with terrace lounge and dj, great food choices, great drinks choices
                  - hare and hatter in citraland, it's a very chic tea time bar, although you can have dinner there too
                  - kueche und kuchen, it's a bistro that sells homemade german cakes (my favourites), they hold a monthly salsa night

Comment

thanks everyone

thanks again
                    you guys are super nice

i have been around and went to every single mall and besides that i have been to bromo, malang, tretes, bali, lombok etc

I love the country but i guess i m just running out of places..

I hope to meet someone who is free and willing to accompany me and travel around!

anyone?

thanks again and much appreciations
                    "we come in peace but don't be steppin' on toes"

Comment

Originally posted by bad_azz View Post
                      You need a dose of Alia... ..

Hahaha.., and a dose of me the OP will get .. Thanks BA

Ryan, Galaxy is not so far from my place. If you fancy meeting up with a cute friendly girl, we can have a coffee together, ice cream, or dinner since its fasting month and I'm fasting. What you say ? I'll pm you my number and we can arrange something.

And Annette, I promise I will behave my self !
                      Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by Alia View Post

Ryan, Galaxy is not so far from my place. If you fancy meeting up with a cute friendly girl, we can have a coffee together, ice cream, or dinner since its fasting month and I'm fasting. What you say ? I'll pm you my number and we can arrange something.

hahaha Ryan if you want to meet up with a fat old lady................ I am willing too lol (I bet he picks me over you now Alia ).......................... hahaha Alia... you behave hmmmmmmmmmmm
                        Last edited by Annette; 23-07-12, 09:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Alia View Post

if he is cute send him to me, PLease And could you please ask him if he could give me 20 times/ hour too hehe
                          Imagine, it's POSSIBLE. Dream boundless...

Comment

Originally posted by babygirl View Post
                            if he is cute send him to me, PLease And could you please ask him if he could give me 20 times/ hour too hehe
                            hahahaha your so shallow...... BG............... hmmmmm 20 times... WOW.....

Comment

Originally posted by Annette View Post
                              hahahaha your so shallow...... BG............... hmmmmm 20 times... WOW.....

senatorhui promised me that before he got banned :P... I was just joking Annette
                              Imagine, it's POSSIBLE. Dream boundless...

Comment

Working...
                              X