Good Senior Retirement Home?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Senior Retirement Home?

Anybody here have good experience with senior retirement homes? (maybe have parents there currently or in the past?)

My parents are still healthy, in their early 70s, but I just thought we'd look around for a resort/apartment-like retirement place around Jakarta. I saw an ad for one near Bogor/Sentul...seems like a nice place..although my parents (being independent that they are) might not be too keen on the activities.

I just want to find a retirement home, good surrounding/little shops/small mall, park, cleaning service, and a hospital nearby...and a security/stand by general nurse in case they need anything..but not personal nurse.

Looking for input! Thanks

Originally posted by Banana72 View Post
    Anybody here have good experience with senior retirement homes? (maybe have parents there currently or in the past?)

My parents are still healthy, in their early 70s, but I just thought we'd look around for a resort/apartment-like retirement place around Jakarta. I saw an ad for one near Bogor/Sentul...seems like a nice place..although my parents (being independent that they are) might not be too keen on the activities.

I just want to find a retirement home, good surrounding/little shops/small mall, park, cleaning service, and a hospital nearby...and a security/stand by general nurse in case they need anything..but not personal nurse.

Looking for input! Thanks
    Just make sure you are not putting them in San Diego hills, yet...

On a serious note, are they Indonesian residents? I'd think that Indonesia would be well placed to provide care for older folks. I know Costa Rica has moved into elder care in the late 90's for mostly North American clientele.
    Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
      Just make sure you are not putting them in San Diego hills, yet...

On a serious note, are they Indonesian residents? I'd think that Indonesia would be well placed to provide care for older folks. I know Costa Rica has moved into elder care in the late 90's for mostly North American clientele.
      Yep, they're Indonesian citizen.

I just hope Indonesia has a much better standard when it comes to taking care of older people like it used to back in the 80s....I usually try to change people's mindset from "Rumah Jompo/Orang Tua" to "Independent Retirement Living Home" mentality....from just taking care of just the basic needs to actually provide a nice quality of living.
      Last edited by Banana72; 27-08-14, 12:39.

Comment

banana, there is a housing complex for older people in sumarecon bekasi.
        dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

Originally posted by naughtygab View Post
          banana, there is a housing complex for older people in sumarecon bekasi.
          oh do you know the name of the housing complex?

Comment

i forgot the name of the cluster, but if you go to sumarecon serpong ( i made a mistake.. it should have been serpong instead of bekasi) , you will see some advertisement about their house for elder project.
            i also found in cikarang baru , (not yet build) there is a cluster meant for elder. parahyangan or something like that. wasnt really paying attention on it.
            dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

Originally posted by naughtygab View Post
              i forgot the name of the cluster, but if you go to sumarecon serpong ( i made a mistake.. it should have been serpong instead of bekasi) , you will see some advertisement about their house for elder project.
              i also found in cikarang baru , (not yet build) there is a cluster meant for elder. parahyangan or something like that. wasnt really paying attention on it.
              Hi NG...where is this advertisement?

I tried googling using summarecon, serpong, and retirement homes...came up with nothing..

Comment

Could be a good business idea for someone with some cash to invest in such a place
                Cicak Magnet

Comment

^^
                  Hi Pisang,

Google came up with these:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bbTYCO0UOg
                  http://rukunseniorliving.com/
                  http://www.bbc.com/news/business-24542793

(location is Darmawan Park Apartment in Sentul, Bogor
                  USD$1000/month?)

Comment

Originally posted by joe ragan View Post
                    ^^
                    Hi Pisang,

Google came up with these:
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bbTYCO0UOg
                    http://rukunseniorliving.com/
                    http://www.bbc.com/news/business-24542793

(location is Darmawan Park Apartment in Sentul, Bogor
                    USD$1000/month?)
                    Thanks Joe...I'm already aware of the rukunsenior one....just wondering if there were any other ones....but I'll check out that Darmawan Park....and will figure out what make 'em cost a grand a month..

Comment

Wow banana, move 'em in with me for 6 juta a month
                      Cicak Magnet

Comment

Originally posted by bad_azz View Post
                        Wow banana, move 'em in with me for 6 juta a month
                        Hahaa sorry let me clarify...I wanted to check that place out of curiosity why it's expensive not because I think it's a good deal!

or...can I just move in with you for 2juta/mth plus a few bottles of wine? (Jacob's creek only lol)

Comment

Hahaa sorry let me clarify...I wanted to check that place out of curiosity why it's expensive not because I think it's a good deal!

or...can I just move in with you for 2juta/mth plus a few bottles of wine? (Jacob's creek only lol)
                          As long as they don't mind being the puppies chew toys.
                          Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

2juta for just you on your own??? Are you house trained-? no bum washing or soft food diet or owt? I'll think about it... however- I don't really drink wine... swap it for a couple of cases of fizzy pop or something we might have a deal lol...
                            Cicak Magnet

Comment

Bum is always cleaned, although I wouldn't mind some extra cleaning!

Comment

Working...
                              X