Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking an Indonesian/English speaking real estate lawyer for Bandung home purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking an Indonesian/English speaking real estate lawyer for Bandung home purchase

Hello to all at the Expat Forum,

This is Binyan, I am new to this forum and extend my greetings and well wishes to all of you. Please forgive, if my thread is a repeat of a past question. I am happy to re-read a past thread if so directed. I was born in N. Ireland but am presently living in Chicago, USA though it is that I will soon move to Bandung, Indonesia. My Indonesian wife has gone ahead of me and is already back in Bandung and temporarily living with her parents due to the illness of one of her parents. We will buy a home in Bandung to be closer to my wife's p's and settle permanently, with the hope of also starting a family, so my question is: Does anyone know of a good, knowledgeable real estate lawyer in the Bandung area to help us with the paperwork and legal aspects of our home purchase? If not, perhaps a lawyer in Jakarta, Jawa Barat or another part, that is willing to do so?

Also, on another subject please,... my wife and I are also planning to start a food business, and Kuman, also in Bandung and are wondering if there are any Indonesian laws currently in place which would prohibit, myself a foreigner from entering into a business? More specifically a little food stand making and selling authentic: Chicago-style breaded steak sandwiches, Chicago-style stuffed pizza slices and also the sale of Vienna All Beef Chicago hotdogs.

Thanks you all in advance for your help and time given.
    -Binyan:behindsofa:
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I-I took the road less traveled -And that has made all the difference -Robert Frost

Originally posted by Binyan View Post
    a little food stand
    A "little food stand" doesn't sound good in regard of the investment restrictions for foreigners. A restaurant should be OK. A lawyer should help you to avoid any pitfalls.

Comment

Thanks.

-Binyan :behindsofa:
      Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I-I took the road less traveled -And that has made all the difference -Robert Frost

Comment

I think you really need someone to help with the documents for business , but maybe not for just buying a house . From what I saw in this Forum , you must have a pre-nuptial agreement if you buy a house in your wife's name , register the house documents with a "Notaris" and pay tax . About the tax , see at www.pajak.go.id , click "informasi" , "jenis pajak" , and "Bea Perolehan Hak Tanah dan Bangunan"(Tax for buying house/land) - I tried to get an English translation by searching "pajak" in google and asking to translate the pages , but when I selected "type number" the Firefox browser disappeared) . But not sure if there are something else . I bought my house with only these items in mind .
        Last edited by marcus; 23-07-09, 11:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Binyan View Post
          Hello to all at the Expat Forum,

This is Binyan, I am new to this forum and extend my greetings and well wishes to all of you. Please forgive, if my thread is a repeat of a past question. I am happy to re-read a past thread if so directed. I was born in N. Ireland but am presently living in Chicago, USA though it is that I will soon move to Bandung, Indonesia. My Indonesian wife has gone ahead of me and is already back in Bandung and temporarily living with her parents due to the illness of one of her parents. We will buy a home in Bandung to be closer to my wife's p's and settle permanently, with the hope of also starting a family, so my question is: Does anyone know of a good, knowledgeable real estate lawyer in the Bandung area to help us with the paperwork and legal aspects of our home purchase? If not, perhaps a lawyer in Jakarta, Jawa Barat or another part, that is willing to do so?

Also, on another subject please,... my wife and I are also planning to start a food business, and Kuman, also in Bandung and are wondering if there are any Indonesian laws currently in place which would prohibit, myself a foreigner from entering into a business? More specifically a little food stand making and selling authentic: Chicago-style breaded steak sandwiches, Chicago-style stuffed pizza slices and also the sale of Vienna All Beef Chicago hotdogs.

Thanks you all in advance for your help and time given.
          -Binyan:behindsofa:
          Hello, do you still need a lawyer?

Comment

awesome post ! thank you for sharing : Viddyoze template club
            Audiences can close your video in a few seconds if they do not feel attractive. With animation, Viddyoze TC will help you in the making an awesome template.

Comment

Working...
            X