Boleh saya minta ......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boleh saya minta ......

Hello all. I have what is probably a very basic question.
    I am aware that a 'polite' way of asking for something for sale in a shop could be "Boleh saya minta ini" or "Boleh saya minta itu".
    My question is can I use this phrase to ask for say drinks in a bar - or indeed just about anything ?
    Eg "Boleh saya minta dua Bintang kecil" or perhaps in a restaurant "Boleh saya minta nasi goreng" etc etc etc.
    Thanks,
    Mike Ody

Originally posted by mikeody View Post
    Hello all. I have what is probably a very basic question.
    I am aware that a 'polite' way of asking for something for sale in a shop could be "Boleh saya minta ini" or "Boleh saya minta itu".
    My question is can I use this phrase to ask for say drinks in a bar - or indeed just about anything ?
    Eg "Boleh saya minta dua Bintang kecil" or perhaps in a restaurant "Boleh saya minta nasi goreng" etc etc etc.
    Thanks,
    Mike Ody
    Hi Thr,

Welcome to Indonesia, basically the words * boleh minta ( thins you want), minta tolong ( things you want), minta ( things you want), tolong ( things you want) are can be used everywhere, its substitution for word *order*.

Comment

Terima kasih banyak.
      Mike Ody

Comment

And now a follow up question.
        Yes, I understand boleh saya minta .... [things you want].
        But if I am undecided and want to look at something [say] before I buy, then am I able to add words into the phrase ?
        eg would "Boleh saya minta melihat itu" be understood as "I would like to look at that" rather than just "I would like that" ?
        Thanks.
        mike ody

Comment

Originally posted by mikeody View Post
          And now a follow up question.
          Yes, I understand boleh saya minta .... [things you want].
          But if I am undecided and want to look at something [say] before I buy, then am I able to add words into the phrase ?
          eg would "Boleh saya minta melihat itu" be understood as "I would like to look at that" rather than just "I would like that" ?
          Thanks.
          mike ody
          Hi,

well, if You want to see or check something that You wanna buy, you may say this "boleh lihat ( thing You want to see, look, or check), and without word minta, as simple as that :d.

Comment

Thanks for that 'd'.
            I guess I was trying to find out if can add various other words on the end of a phrase like 'boleh say minta' depending on the circumstances. For example 'I would like to look at ...., I would like to buy ......, I would like a drink, I would like some rice' etc etc etc.
            mikeody

Comment

Working...
            X