Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with unknow indonesian language

Hi all,

This is my first posting and I would like some help with a translation and also what type of language is this?
    I am currently learning Indonesian and one of my friends sent me this, I have no idea what they are saying to me

tea baineku dik na, kua mora uling kana mako ku susi ri tuu
    minta maaf sekali aku dik
    lain kali la dik
    sabar aja kau dulu ya
    masussa gaja ku sadding
    pdahal buds ku tarima too bln
    40 labih
    na tea lalo tee sinoning eee

thank you for your time

It is bahasia Indonesia with text speak or typos. Many Indonesians only access to the internet is a hand phone and they use a lot of shorthand text. It drives me a little nuts because I am not a native speaker. I am not proficient enough to translate.

Comment

Half of it is not Indonesian, it's Bugis. You'll need an Indonesian from Makassar to translate.

Comment

We seem to get these requests every few months. Not the Bugis part, obviously.
        Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Originally posted by jukung11 View Post
          It is bahasia Indonesia with text speak or typos. Many Indonesians only access to the internet is a hand phone and they use a lot of shorthand text. It drives me a little nuts because I am not a native speaker. I am not proficient enough to translate.
          I'm a native speaker. Even I can't make up what some of the (Indonesian) youngsters are talking about sometimes...it drives me crazy too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimbus View Post
            Half of it is not Indonesian, it's Bugis. You'll need an Indonesian from Makassar to translate.
            It surely looks like it is a South Sulawesi dialect but are you sure it is Bugis? I am ready to stand corrected but I am almost sure it is Torajan.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
              It surely looks like it is a South Sulawesi dialect but are you sure it is Bugis? I am ready to stand corrected but I am almost sure it is Torajan.
              It could very well be, I don't know enough to tell the difference. It's definitely South Sulawesi.

Comment

Yes, I think it is Bugis, I will try and source someone whom speaks it, thank you

Comment

menace75, you have figured out the bahasa Indonesia part, right? Part of it says, more or less, "some other time, okay? Be patient."

(This is the cue for a native speaker to come in and tell me I'm wrong, but I don't think so! The Indonesian part is pretty simple.)

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
                    menace75, you have figured out the bahasa Indonesia part, right? Part of it says, more or less, "some other time, okay? Be patient."

(This is the cue for a native speaker to come in and tell me I'm wrong, but I don't think so! The Indonesian part is pretty simple.)
                    That's the gist of it.

Minta maaf sekali aku dik - I'm very sorry brother/sister
                    Lain kali la dik - Some other time brother/sister
                    Sabar aja kau dulu ya - You be patient, ok?

Comment

Working...
                    X