Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hypocrite in indonesian language is munafik?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypocrite in indonesian language is munafik?

Please could you help me to find the right translation for the word hypocrite? it is munafik?
    If it is to describe a person who always was saying you cannot do this (something suppose to be bad behavior or attitude), because it is not good and after she does it herself, is this munafik?
    Terimakasi
    Overcoming poverty is no a gesture of charity is an act of justice the protection of a fundamental human right to dignity..

Originally posted by Shinta View Post
    Please could you help me to find the right translation for the word hypocrite? it is munafik?
    If it is to describe a person who always was saying you cannot do this (something suppose to be bad behavior or attitude), because it is not good and after she does it herself, is this munafik?
    Terimakasi
    I deal with somebody like that at work. I have many words for what that woman did (some probably not allowed in this forum )

But yes, munafik is hypocrite in translation.

Pretty much she probably wants to take credit for what she does, or she doesn't trust you to do it, but (typical non-confrontational Indo) they don't tell you to your face that they prefer they do it, normally they make up reasons for it, and later on they do it themselves.

Comment

I think Sotoy may also fit the bill.
      [COLOR=#ff0000]Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds[/COLOR]. Albert Einstein

Comment

Ok, thanks a lot!
        What about the expression to say when you are helping somebody but the person is taking too much from you, in Spanish we use an expression like you give a hand to somebody and they are taking your arm, I am not sure if even this is the expression you use in English language, how would you express that in Bahasa Indonesia?
        Have a beautiful day!
        Overcoming poverty is no a gesture of charity is an act of justice the protection of a fundamental human right to dignity..

Comment

In English 1 of the sayings is "give them an inch & they'll take a mile"

With my landlord I have learned to just allude to things because from previous experience, if I make a suggestion he will wait until he thinks I've forgotten about it & then imply that it was his idea
          The answer is 42 .... any questions? .

Comment

Originally posted by Shinta View Post
            Ok, thanks a lot!
            What about the expression to say when you are helping somebody but the person is taking too much from you, in Spanish we use an expression like you give a hand to somebody and they are taking your arm, I am not sure if even this is the expression you use in English language, how would you express that in Bahasa Indonesia?
            Have a beautiful day!
            Dikasih hati minta jantung.

Literally: Given the liver asks for the heart.

Comment

terimakasi banyak

Comment

ok as I say and understand as follows.

Munafic - hypocrite

When someone takes liberties, for example you offer them a cigarette and they take 10 is Ngalanjak

and "Dikasih hati minta jantung" means you give them your heart and they ask for a heart attack.

Comment

ScooterIndo, it's munafik, with 'k'. Ngelunjak, with 'e', in bahasa Betawi. Or the typo is caused by auto-correct? Sorry then, just try to inform the correct writting.

Comment

Working...
                  X