• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jstar View Post
    Lelaki Punya Mau.
    That's the one
    Cicak Magnet

Comment

Originally posted by joe ragan View Post
      ^I was always hot for Metro TV’s Mata Najwa, Fifi Aleyda and even traffic reporter Polwan Briptu Eka . Come to think of it most TV news anchors/presenters have good command of BI: dead-on pronunciation, diction, tone, storytelling skill and interviewing finesse.
      (ahem) Yes, agree about Briptu Eka and a few of the other "Brips" on tv traffic reporting: something about a shapely female figure in uniform ...
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Warden: "What we got here ... is failure to communicate."

The Dude: "Oh yeah? Well that's just, like, your opinion, man."[/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Happyman View Post

For a while now I have felt like my Indonesian "persona" is that of a cat. I am able to communicate all those things that a cat might need or want, or think of. You know, "I want x", "Here is a simple way to get X", "I like X because it tastes like chicken", etc. What I'm kind of hoping is that I can become more familiar with the conjugated forms of words, so I can stop saying everything with "di" or "in", and to improve my vocabulary, so I can be a bit more subtle/specific.
        Like a cat might want to order "satay ... dua ratus tusuk makan di sini" if it could speak?

Watch that fifty times and then check to see if you are still hungry. If you are, you are ready to proceed to the next level.

Comment

Wow, MB. Just wow.

I recently enjoyed Perahu Kertas, btw. It's a pretty predictable love-triangle drama, but with a lot of nice touches thrown in. Some of the acting was good. Some less so. I liked the cinematography. Problem is that the sequel is compulsory... it's half a story.

Comment

Wow, MB. Just wow.

I recently enjoyed Perahu Kertas, btw. It's a pretty predictable love-triangle drama, but with a lot of nice touches thrown in. Some of the acting was good. Some less so. I liked the cinematography. Problem is that the sequel is compulsory... it's half a story.
            My apologies, I just noticed that you had said you wanted to proceed to conjugation, not mastication.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Bule View Post
              My apologies, I just noticed that you had said you wanted to proceed to conjugation, not mastication.
              Actually spent a bit of time wondering how you came across that gem. Even having some idea what would happen, I still found it a bit shocking. Actually liked it, but no, wasn't looking for masochism.

Comment

I'm a fan of the Susanna archives, not hard to find on youtube (or elsewhere) just type in her name with "filem hantu Indonesia" or something like that. Sundel Bolong is one of her most famous films.

No, not masochism (nor the other word which sounds quite similar, referring to "the sin of Onan") but mastication ... the act of chewing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Bule View Post
                  I'm a fan of the Susanna archives, not hard to find on youtube (or elsewhere) just type in her name with "filem hantu Indonesia" or something like that. Sundel Bolong is one of her most famous films.

No, not masochism (nor the other word which sounds quite similar, referring to "the sin of Onan") but mastication ... the act of chewing.
                  I know, MB. As in, "I am not a piece of meat for your mastication."

Not sure which synonym of "disobedience" sounds like mastication... insubordination? Or was it anti leviratation?
                  Last edited by Happyman; 16-02-16, 08:10.

Comment

I'm looking for some good films in BI to help me with my vocabulary.

Ideally the films would not be full of slang (as it will change next week and I will sound an idiot trying to use it) and would have a fairly common accent (live in Bdg, so that means Jawa or Sunda).

Also, would be great if the films were "durable", something I wouldn't hate watching twice. Basically, some made-for-tv thing about a pocong who likes to smell panties is not going to help me, as I'll never watch it twice. Also, I don't remember The Raid having any dialogue... Guess it'll have to be drama or not-too-slapstick comedy, if I'm to learn anything useful.

I know I'm being picky, but I really would appreciate any recommendations.

Can be watched 99 Cahaya di Langit Eropa and Negeri 5 Menara, I think the film is quite good and educative so worth watching.

Comment

I know, MB. As in, "I am not a piece of meat for your mastication."

Not sure which synonym of "disobedience" sounds like mastication... insubordination? Or was it anti leviratation?
                      I see ... well, you can disobey me without consequence (as far as I know), but you defy the "sundel bolong" at your own risk, if she comes calling ...

Comment

Working...
                      X