• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much slang I can't translate

It is really a simple sentence, I think:

"[name] no lo brapa? Kirimin'a,,"
    "[numbers]"

I bet that "brapa" is "berapa" so I think it is asking for a number. But what is the actual translation of that sentence?
    Thank you for your help!

What's your number ?? send it (to) THE NUMBER

Comment

Oh okay! Thank you!
      Home number in Jakarta with what number they usually start?

Comment

start with 021 for jakarta area

Comment

Oh okay! Thank you again!

Comment

Then you can answer: ini no gw, 021...
            meaning: this is my number 021..

Comment

I don't know about you all, but I would NOT be giving my phone number out to someone whose message I couldn't understand. Obviously the person asking for it is not deadwinter's friend, or s/he would know that deadwinter doesn't speak Indonesian.

Deadwinter, who is it that contacted you? How is it that they know your name, have you met them? And if they do not know your phone number, I guess it was not a contact via SMS. How did they reach you?

All I can think of is all those scam SMS's I get asking me to transfer money into an account or top up somebody's phone card.

Sorry to sound suspicious again I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation, but until I hear it, I will advise caution about sharing personal information with strangers.

Comment

Maybe Deadwinter got an SMS and was tempted by one of those BBM minxes that will send 5 albums of "foto bugil" and 3 videos "lesbi ama temanya" or "main2 sendiri sampai coot" and "alamat Kos sama no pin teman yang bispak" all for the price of pulsa 100 ribu.

Comment

Hahahahaha! No, ScooterIndo!
                  Puspawarna, it is nothing, don't worry. Nobody contacted me. The first and the second message are two different persons. A chat I was reading.
                  Last edited by Deadwinter; 08-05-15, 18:22.

Comment

I know I'm being sooooo persistent about this but... can you translate this too?
                    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Open Sans]"ane LDR gan, jakarta-cirebon. tapi, kami tetap kuat gan, meski banyak masalah yg sulit diatasi lantaran untuk menyelesaikannya cuma bisa via sms/telepon. ini bukan masalah status. tapi ketulusan dan kekuatan cinta yg dapat mempertahankan kami"
                    [/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

That's not particularly slangy, even I can almost read it! You should try Google Translate; it gives you at least a hint of what it says. For the above, it translates as:

"LDR ane gan, Jakarta-Cirebon. but, we still strong gan, despite the many problems that are difficult to overcome because to solve it could only via sms / phone. This is not a problem status, but the sincerity and strength of love that can sustain us"

For the amusement of Indonesians who know what it REALLY says, I am going to guess that "LDR" is "long distance relationship", "ane" is "aneh" and "gan" is the same as "kan". In that case "LDR ane gan" means something like "a long distance relationship is strange, isn't it." Or "a LDR is hard, you know."

ETA - And what are you doing reading that chat? It sounds like someone's private conversation.

Comment

Ane in this context refer to ane - ente. Arabic words for saya – kamu. Me – you.

So the text means : I have been in a LDR (long distance relationship).... etc ..

'Gan is the short of juragan, which means boss. Other translation by Puspa is correct.
                        Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
                          That's not particularly slangy, even I can almost read it! You should try Google Translate; it gives you at least a hint of what it says. For the above, it translates as:

"LDR ane gan, Jakarta-Cirebon. but, we still strong gan, despite the many problems that are difficult to overcome because to solve it could only via sms / phone. This is not a problem status, but the sincerity and strength of love that can sustain us"

For the amusement of Indonesians who know what it REALLY says, I am going to guess that "LDR" is "long distance relationship", "ane" is "aneh" and "gan" is the same as "kan". In that case "LDR ane gan" means something like "a long distance relationship is strange, isn't it." Or "a LDR is hard, you know."

ETA - And what are you doing reading that chat? It sounds like someone's private conversation.
                          Don't worry! I'm not spying anyone! I was just reading posts on another forum that is in Indonesian. I'm excercizing by reading and translating.
                          I used GT too but... sometimes I don't trust it so I prefer to ask other people.

Originally posted by Alia View Post
                          Ane in this context refer to ane - ente. Arabic words for saya – kamu. Me – you.

So the text means : I have been in a LDR (long distance relationship).... etc ..

'Gan is the short of juragan, which means boss. Other translation by Puspa is correct.
                          Okay! Thank you both!

Comment

Originally posted by Alia View Post

'Gan is the short of juragan, which means boss.
                            I learn so much from this forum - I never would have guessed any of that.

Comment

For some words Google translate just don't work.

Comment

Working...
                              X