Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studying Bahasa/Student Visa

Hi all,

I currently have a social visa however I have no good excuses for Immigration and for the first time they asked me if I worked here, so I am worried about my next immigration visit if any notes have been left. If I get banned from the country I will lose contact with my girlfriend/soon to be wife so that will be a total nightmare.

So I am wondering the process and how I go about learning Bahasa Indonesia and getting this student visa?

I work 7 days a week - 4pm to 12am Mon-Fri and 4pm to 2am Weekends, can I fit studying bahasa in my schedule?

How to start studying? How many classes do I need to attend to be considered a student?

I live in Bandung, 23 years old and genuinely want to start learning it as I speak a little already.

Thanks,

A

If you are worried about getting deported/blacklisted I suggest you cease working illegally.

Comment

Originally posted by john madden View Post
      If you are worried about getting deported/blacklisted I suggest you cease working illegally.

And who knows when Indonesia will start jailing up to 5 years plus fining up to Rp500 million , stated in the 2011 Law , which can be applied to illegal working .

And also , penalty from the Indonesian Tax office for not paying income tax .

Comment

If your main purpose is to learn the language, UI has a good program for that and would be more than willing to arrange a student visa for you. But alas the campus is far from Bandung in Depok and although the hours might work, a student visa would be no better than a Socialbud in that it would not permit you to work.

Changing visa arrangements could call attention to your situation. Might be better to just do nothing with immigration until you are in a position to obtain a visa that will allow you to work.

Comment

Working...
        X