Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Average price for bahasa Indonesian tuition?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average price for bahasa Indonesian tuition?

Hello

Does anyone have any information regarding the average price for either private /group bahasa tuition please? Does anyone have any experience or can recommend a particular tutor? I'm also researching joining some classes maybe at Eden English (I live in Bogor) but would willing to travel into Jakarta if class or tutor is based on a good recommendation from someone in this forum.

Thanx in advance

hi i am martrioska, my rate is IDR 170.000 / 90 MINUTES that already the book. but if you take the package it is IDR 3,000,000. the package is 20 sessions ( 30 hours ), i can come to your home in sentul bogor. for further information you can email me at [email protected] or text / call me at 081388558634

Comment

To be honest, I occasionally teach Indonesian, and on Skype (well, somoene had to pay my rent when I was in a different country!). My rates are between 50k to 100k per hour depending on how advanced you are.

Either way, you can contact me on here if you're interested in learning conversational Indonesian.

Comment

My rate is IDR250,000 for 90mnts. They are happy with that.

Comment

You want to create an Excel spreadsheet?
          [FONT=arial black]
          [/FONT]

Comment

I wonder why people give prices in 45min/90min frame times not in rp / hour like mouse342 did . This is individual teaching (it is different than teaching at school) shouldn't it be 60 min instead of 45 min? Or I am missing something?

Comment

smallworld, the 15 extra min is free of charge, esp for future partners
              dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

Originally posted by naughtygab View Post
                smallworld, the 15 extra min is free of charge, esp for future partners
                aaahhhhh so that is what those extra 15 min mean, " to get know each other" I seeee, hehehehe

Comment

tutor rates

Originally posted by indo-mugwyii View Post
                  Hello

Does anyone have any information regarding the average price for either private /group bahasa tuition please? Does anyone have any experience or can recommend a particular tutor? I'm also researching joining some classes maybe at Eden English (I live in Bogor) but would willing to travel into Jakarta if class or tutor is based on a good recommendation from someone in this forum.

Thanx in advance
                  Yes 90 minutes quite long,,,
                  Better 60 to 75,minutes each session
                  Rates now about 150 thousand rp.per session

Comment

Originally posted by genixaspas
                    Hi... supply all the textbooks. If interested, please contact us at [email protected]

Cheers
                    Must confess living in Singapore, only back in Indonesia on irregular trips and so not able to take part in classes, but I'm keen to know what good book titles and textbooks are there available to those english speakers trying to learn Bahasa and in particular where to purchase them. I've been in bookshops in Jakarta, mainly Gramedia-where the gf likes to pick up her detective comics(!) and have been disappointed by the selection, normally just holiday phrasebooks etc. I have a few titles I've picked up over the years at airports and some online, but these are often outdated. I know informal BI evolves beyond textbook but I'd really like to improve my lack of the language in any context. Any recommendations of good places to find material??

Comment

Hi Irishtuan,

I just read this link : http://www.escapeartistes.com/2015/0...ng-indonesian/

I hope it can help you.

Comment

Thanks very much for the link Frans,

One thing it makes me realise is I have the flashcards and several other titles by tuttles/periplus, that maybe the problem is less that I dont have the right material after all and more that I'm just me been a slow learner. Hehe I prefer to find new stuff rather than really put in the hard hours, so I need to have a strong word with myself about my attitude!
                        Must also be plenty of stuff on sites like youtube now...but I know for someone like me I'd probably spend more time looking for videos, and not study. ...Which is why after 6 years I'm still an outsider bule-ADUHHHHH!

Originally posted by frans_hendrawan View Post
                        Hi Irishtuan,

I just read this link : http://www.escapeartistes.com/2015/0...ng-indonesian/

I hope it can help you.

Comment

I signed up for a two week intensive course at IALF for 5.3 million. M-F 8am to 3pm(includes a hour for lunch).

They have a semi intensive course that is five weeks and 2.650.000. M-W-F 10am-12pm.

I will provide more details as I start next week, so far I have been impressed. Answered my questions first and didn't ask about payment until after I filled out my registration form.

There was a place in the Mall of Indonesia. The teacher seemed nice, but when a marketing person shows you around and then right away starts talking about the price, doesn't sound good. Neither the teacher or marketing person fully answered my questions. Plus the schedule is 3 days a week, but Tues, wed, and Sunday.
                          Lucky 13

Comment

Originally posted by Irishtuan View Post
                            Must confess living in Singapore, only back in Indonesia on irregular trips and so not able to take part in classes, but I'm keen to know what good book titles and textbooks are there available to those english speakers trying to learn Bahasa and in particular where to purchase them. I've been in bookshops in Jakarta, mainly Gramedia-where the gf likes to pick up her detective comics(!) and have been disappointed by the selection, normally just holiday phrasebooks etc. I have a few titles I've picked up over the years at airports and some online, but these are often outdated. I know informal BI evolves beyond textbook but I'd really like to improve my lack of the language in any context. Any recommendations of good places to find material??

Hi, Irishtuan
                            Maybe you can try "Lets Study Bahasa Indonesia with New Methods' by Guszrizal. You can find it in Gramedia (I saw it in Gramedia Cinere) or maybe they sell online too. Hope it can help you to improve your Bahasa

And for the discussion about Bahasa Teacher rate, I think it depends on negotiation. I usually get paid IDR 200.000/hour but can be negotiable if the student wants extra time or add more meetings in a week. Because I have taught some Expatriates from this forum too and they're OK with the rate and I'm so glad that they said or text me that they really like my teaching. Even some of them still keep in touch even though they're already back to Korea.

Comment

200,000 an hour :O I'm surprised not more locals are doing this kinda work

Comment

Working...
                              X