Help with an on-line news article

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with an on-line news article

[FONT=museo3][COLOR=#000000]Hi - looking for some guidance on the following following paragraph from a recent on-line news story, including the meaning of "alot dengan banjir interupsi" and "diprotes". The paragraph reads:
    [/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=museo3][COLOR=#000000]"Rapat paripurna terkait pembahasan revisi Rancangan Undang-Undang MPR, DPR, DPD, dan DPRD (UU MD3) berlangsung alot dengan banjir interupsi. Salah satu yang menjadi persoalan dan diprotes adalah rencana pembubaran Badan Akuntabilitas Keuangan Negara (BAKN) DPR di dalam UU MD3."

My initial take (I have shopping bahasa only) is:

"Plenery meeting relating to the discussion of planned revisions to the Law on MPR, DPR, DPD and DPRD (UU MD3) took place ([/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=museo3]alot dengan banjir interupsi).[/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=museo3][COLOR=#000000] One of the issues and (diprotes) is the planned dissolution of the BAKN DPR within UU MD3."

Any advice much appreciated.

original article at [/COLOR][/FONT]http://news.detik.com/pemilu2014/read/2014/07/08/164137/2631525/1562/1/bakn-dpr-bakal-dihapus-paripurna-md3-banjir-interupsi

I'm no expert, but it seems awfully likely that "diprotes" is "was objected to." "Protes" is from the English "protest," it looks like.

So - One of the things that became an issue and was objected to was the plan to dissolve BAKN DPR."

On the "banjir interupsi" - that's apparently an idiom, and I have no idea. I'm curious to learn, though.

Comment

My formal written English is jelek but I wanna try ya.

- berlangsung alot = gets tough/difficult (?)
      - banjir interupsi = excessive interruptions (?)
      - one of the issues ... puspa got it perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by whatever View Post
        - banjir interupsi = excessive interruptions (?)
        Hah hah of course. I feel so stupid now - it's "a flood of interruptions." I can't believe I didn't get that!

Comment

Yes that one. I think it was just a metaphor...

Comment

Thanks all - with your help, the following looks close enough:The plenary meeting to discuss the planned revisions to the Law on MPR, DPR, DPD and DPRD (UU MD3) took place and became difficult with many interruptions. One of the things that became an issue and was objected to was the plan included in UU MD3 to dissolve BAKN DPR.

Comment

Working...
            X