translating slang words

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• translating slang words

I looked up the meaning of some Indonesian words in different dictionaries, but I found nothing? Can someone, please, help me translating a few words?

1) minjem
    2) boro2
    3) itunganya
    4) naik2
    5) tauda

1) minjem: borrow - meminjam (formal) from pinjam
    2) boro2: let alone - jangankan
    3) itunganya: I'd translate it into maybe, presumably, roughly, all depends on the context - (could be) kira-kira
    4) naik2: going up - naik
    5) tauda: don't know - tidak tahu

Comment

itunganya -to count or a debt - depending on the intended usage and the degree of bad spelling.

Comment

boro2 : no way (eg. Will you swim in that mucky river? Will you lend me money? ans: boro2)
        naik2: get up/get in (usually when you are catching a ride, cars, public transport, boat, horse, bus, etc.)
        tauda: not sure/ don't know/ up to you/

Comment

tauda was probably made up of two words "tau ga" which is "dont you know that ...?"

Comment

Itungannya : the calculation is/ the count is/ the cost is
            Spider pig spider pig, does whatever a spider pig can

Comment

Originally posted by wombat View Post
              tauda was probably made up of two words "tau ga" which is "dont you know that ...?"
              Tau dah... Not the same as Tau nggak..

Comment

How about se3 (se-se-se) just to up the exponent a little? Said by many a bus conductor when someone old or heavily laden is getting on board.

Comment

Originally posted by martindo View Post
                  How about se3 (se-se-se) just to up the exponent a little? Said by many a bus conductor when someone old or heavily laden is getting on board.
                  i think u mean "sek3 ~ sek-sek-sek" i think its a javaneese that in common use mostly mean "yang (indonesian)" or "the (English)" but since its being use as a slang it prob mean "hayo (indonesian)" or "c'mon (English)"...
                  10 step to eternity...

Comment

I think the bus driver is saying : sek-sek-sek : which is Jawanese meaning: wait-wait-wait, telling the bus driver to slow down and let the older person get on the bus safely first before zooming off. (warning to give extra time and not rush)
                    -it is also sometimes used between friends, let's say you are both just got out from work and want the other friend to wait for you while finish packing up, he/she would say ,'sek-sek-sek' (wait up)

Comment

Thanks for clarifying that, Geo. I thought they were contracting "sebentar" but I guess "sek" is already a short word in Bahasa Jawa. Ora ngerti.

Comment

Noor minjem duit ke Suzy sejuta, tapi boro2 mau balikin, orang Noor gak tau itungannya gimana, ternyata naik2 udah jadi sejuta lima ratus. Tauda tuh gimana cara ngitungnya.
                        Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

Working...
                        X