X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• merahputih
    replied
    Originally posted by MasterRice View Post
    The use of the word depends on motive of the user, it could be Harsh, funny, or warm. Words meanings shifted from periods to another,not in exception Indonesia or Javanese.
    Agree.

Have you ever heard term "Jancukers"?
    Yes.

Nevertheless the context we're mentioning is in daily conversation of javanese, to not making the asker wondering as of why Javanese are so rude to each other, by saying "Sexual Intercouse".
    Honesty in rudeness is better than sugar coated lies. I'd rather not to use that particular word myself. You have to engage in conversations quite often to understand how to use it correctly. Have a nice time exploring.
    Last edited by merahputih; 11-07-14, 08:36. Reason: typos

Leave a comment:

• MasterRice
    replied
    Originally posted by merahputih View Post
    If you know some basic words of east javanese languages, then it won't be hard to understand this article:

http://sekedar-tahu.blogspot.com/201...ta-jancok.html

...just in case, I'll quote some from the article for you:

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Bitter]Jancok berasal dari kata 'encuk' yang memiliki padanan kata bersetubuh atau fuck dalam bahasa Inggris. Berasal dari frase 'di-encuk' menjadi 'diancok' lalu 'dancok' hingga akhirnya menjadi kata 'jancok'.[/FONT][/COLOR]

(Jancok derived from the word 'encuk' which has synonym with the word 'having intercourse' or 'f***' in English. It comes from phrase "di-encuk", change form into 'diancok' and finally becomes 'jancok'.)

They say East Javanese people are the harshest (in language) among other Javanese, also the most honest ones. Anyway, if you think it means different, feel free to use it. I'm curious how people react to it though...
    The use of the word depends on motive of the user, it could be Harsh, funny, or warm. Words meanings shifted from periods to another,not in exception Indonesia or Javanese.
    Have you ever heard term "Jancukers"?

The definition you mentioned is a nice addition and its also true. Nevertheless the context we're mentioning is in daily conversation of javanese, to not making the asker wondering as of why Javanese are so rude to each other, by saying "Sexual Intercouse".
    Last edited by MasterRice; 10-07-14, 22:52.

Leave a comment:

• merahputih
    replied
    Pfft. It means piece of sheet, try to replace F word in any phrase with the mentioned word above.
    Totally diferent by definition and colloquial use.
    If you know some basic words of east javanese languages, then it won't be hard to understand this article:

http://sekedar-tahu.blogspot.com/201...ta-jancok.html

...just in case, I'll quote some from the article for you:

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Bitter]Jancok berasal dari kata 'encuk' yang memiliki padanan kata bersetubuh atau fuck dalam bahasa Inggris. Berasal dari frase 'di-encuk' menjadi 'diancok' lalu 'dancok' hingga akhirnya menjadi kata 'jancok'.[/FONT][/COLOR]

(Jancok derived from the word 'encuk' which has synonym with the word 'having intercourse' or 'f***' in English. It comes from phrase "di-encuk", change form into 'diancok' and finally becomes 'jancok'.)

They say East Javanese people are the harshest (in language) among other Javanese, also the most honest ones. Anyway, if you think it means different, feel free to use it. I'm curious how people react to it though...

Leave a comment:

• MasterRice
    replied
    Pfft. It means piece of sheet, try to replace F word in any phrase with the mentioned word above.

Totally diferent by definition and colloquial use.
    Last edited by MasterRice; 10-07-14, 11:09.

Leave a comment:

• merahputih
    replied
    XD "how to use 'co' in a sentence"

Co is actually an abbreviated version of Jancok (a casual Javanese swearing means more less like 'piece of shit')
    It went Jancok > cok > co

All matters is sound.
    It's often said between male friends just because they use to swear a lot. "Hei! Yok opo kabarmu, c**?" (How are you?)
    Depends on who says it, how it's said, and in what kind of situation, one won't feel offended. Regarding that you're a foreigner, you might be in a bad situation to say it to Indonesian you've just met.
    Who told you that it means "piece of shit"? It means f***. A friend was framed to use it by his Indonesian mates. They meant it as a joke and he didn't realize it for years till his gf told him the meaning. Are you sure you want to use it?

Leave a comment:

• MasterRice
    replied
    XD "how to use 'co' in a sentence"

Co is actually an abbreviated version of Jancok (a casual Javanese swearing means more less like 'piece of shit')
    It went Jancok > cok > co

All matters is sound.

Leave a comment:

• ningrachman
    replied
    Originally posted by CARHarun View Post
    I need someone to translate from Javanese to Indonesia/English. It a long list, hope someone will help me.
    Long list..? just write it here. We can discuss together.

Leave a comment:

• CARHarun
    replied
    Where can I get someone to translate from Javanese to Indonesian, but in sms dialog

I need someone to translate from Javanese to Indonesia/English. It a long list, hope someone will help me.

Leave a comment:

• kendedes
    replied
    Originally posted by bjavaman View Post
    [COLOR=#333333] Guys...im here looking for some hlp in translating javanese sms...[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]A: la nopo ko nganti koyo ngono sirah'e ->what happen, what makes ur head (spinning/hurting whatever) like that
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]B: biasa, kang kurang bobok, migran ne kumat -> like usual, less sleep, my migrain is back
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]A: la di nggo istirahat ae.-> take some rest
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]C: ojo di pekso -> don't be too hard on ur self
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]B: iyo, tapi susah merem.-> i know, but it's so hard to close my eyes
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]A: gak usah merem, seng penteng semeleh -> don't have to close ur eyes, just lay down
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]B: sipp, golek ngon, seng tenang -> ok, will find a quiet place
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]A: iyo, -> yes
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]C: seng penteng nyaman -> the most important thing is comfortable
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]B: iyo, ancene -> it should be
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]A: mengko nak wes nyaman gek fB kan -> later when ur getting better lets facebook-ing
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]A: monggooo -> please [/COLOR]
    Last edited by kendedes; 24-06-14, 17:31.

Leave a comment:

• bjavaman
    replied
    [COLOR=#333333]Hi Guys...im here looking for some hlp in translating javanese sms...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]A: la nopo ko nganti koyo ngono sirah'e[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]B: biasa, kang kurang bobok, migran ne kumat[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]A: la di nggo istirahat ae.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]C: ojo di pekso[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]B: iyo, tapi susah merem.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]A: gak usah merem, seng penteng semeleh[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]B: sipp, golek ngon, seng tenang[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]A: iyo, [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]C: seng penteng nyaman[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]B: iyo, ancene[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]A: mengko nak wes nyaman gek fB kan[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]A: monggooo[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]....thx vm![/COLOR]

Leave a comment:

• monsterancol
    replied
    [COLOR=#0000ff]Albert: It's better Suharto era right?

Sandy: I agree[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000]Billy: Listen, when was getting married, the documents were organised from here, right. after eating, call him[/COLOR](tpn/tepon = call by phone)

[COLOR=#0000ff]Eddy: it's better my time right?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000]Albert: here is the no 0877xxxxxxxx[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0000ff]Albert: Eddie. your time everything was fallen to pieces.

Eddie: lol.[/COLOR]

Leave a comment:

• Den Ayune
    replied
    Originally posted by Massetia View Post
    [COLOR=#333333]My friends have below dialog but I can't understand. I have use Google translate but still not understood! Please help![/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]Albert: Penak Jamane pak harto......???[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]Sandy: s7 bwgEeeeet[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]Billy: Mary iko pas arep rabi..surate ngurusi teko kne to...1 pgn tpn lo[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]Eddie: Penak jaman ku yo[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]Albert: ki no re 0877xxxxxxxx[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]Albert: Eddie...jmn mu mlh ajur gk karuan[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]Eddie: Gkgkgkgkgkgkgkgk![/COLOR]
    This may help:
    Albert: It's better Suharto era right?
    Sandy: Can't agree more
    Billy: Listen, when Mary was getting married, the documents were organised from here… 1 pgn tpn (not too sure) though…!
    Eddy: it's better my time right?
    Albert: here is the no 0877xxxxxxxx
    Albert: Eddie….your time everything was fallen to pieces.
    Eddie: lol...

There you go, btw 'who/what' is your friend?

Leave a comment:

• sweetmaria
    replied
    The difficulty in translating Javanese is that one has to know where the speaker or writer of the original text comes from.

The Javanese that I, from Klaten and spent some time in Yogyakarta, speak and understand is not the same compared to the one that Alia, from Surabaya, use in her daily life.

There are jargons, terms, and abbreviation that one would understand while the others don't.

If your friends laughed at you for not understanding what they were talking about, start looking for other friends.
    My husband is a Dutchman and he barely spoke Indonesian let alone Javanese the first time we were together.
    None of my family laughed at him when he asked what we were talking about and one of us would translate it for him and helped him to get some vocabulary in and remember it well.
    Now he's quite decent in Indonesian but still clueless in Javanese thanks to the level of Javanese the language we use.

Leave a comment:

• Alia
    replied
    Its actually po’o. For example :" Ndang adus kono po’o, koen mambu prengus". Go have a shower, you smell awful.

Its like telling someone to do something. And yes, its Surabaya / Jawa Timur dialect.

Leave a comment:

• macvert
    replied
    Mrs Mac does not recognize "po" she says it could be an abbreviation of "opo" which means "or"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X