Can't understand SMS dialog in Javanese/Indonesian

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't understand SMS dialog in Javanese/Indonesian

[COLOR=#333333]My friends have below dialog but I can't understand. I have use Google translate but still not understood! Please help![/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]Albert: Penak Jamane pak harto......???[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]Sandy: s7 bwgEeeeet[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]Billy: Mary iko pas arep rabi..surate ngurusi teko kne to...1 pgn tpn lo[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]Eddie: Penak jaman ku yo[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]Albert: ki no re 0877xxxxxxxx[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]Albert: Eddie...jmn mu mlh ajur gk karuan[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]Eddie: Gkgkgkgkgkgkgkgk![/COLOR]

Can't understand theirs meaning!

[COLOR=#333333]I read lots of SMS from Javanese friends but always can't understand "buk", "lak" and "sek" meaning. Please help to let me know the meanings and usages. Thank you.[/COLOR]

Comment

my wife tells me .... buk is short for ibu & has the silent k on the end to show it is said quickly .......sek is like... wait a minute or hang on .... lak is like... you know don't you
      Last edited by macvert; 15-02-14, 19:29. Reason: not punctuated well
      The answer is 42 .... any questions? .

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Yank di Javanese

Hi,

What does "yank" mean in Javanese? Who can help me to translate below phase?

eg. [COLOR=#333333][FONT=lucida grande]mbah solo to ynk,,,,

Thanks![/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

"to" and "po" in Javanese SMS

Dear all,

What are "to" and "po" meaning in Javanese?

Thanks,

Comment

Massetia,
              please do not start a new thread for each translation you want for some SMS. You can ask all in one thread.

mods, can you please combine all these threads.
              [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

she's guessing now.... lol ..... maybe slang for yang = babe or honey
                The answer is 42 .... any questions? .

Comment

Why dont you ask the person who is sending you these messages? Or are they not addressed to you?

Comment

Maybe the messages are not for you to be reading?

Comment

[COLOR=#333333]Albert: Penak Jamane pak harto......???[/COLOR] -- The Soeharto era was better, wasn't it?
                      [COLOR=#333333]Sandy: s7 bwgEeeeet[/COLOR] -- Yes agree... soo agree with you.
                      [COLOR=#333333]Billy: Mary iko pas arep rabi..surate ngurusi teko kne to...1 pgn tpn lo[/COLOR] -- Mary is going to get married. They take care of the papers up to here (I don't understand the rest).
                      [COLOR=#333333]Eddie: Penak jaman ku yo[/COLOR] -- My era was better, right?
                      [COLOR=#333333]Albert: ki no re 0877xxxxxxxx[/COLOR] -- This my phone number 0877......
                      [COLOR=#333333]Albert: Eddie...jmn mu mlh ajur gk karuan[/COLOR] -- Eddie, your era was even worse than it is......
                      [COLOR=#333333]Eddie: Gkgkgkgkgkgkgkgk![/COLOR] -- laughing sound
                      The message above is meant for native Javanese from a certain region. I speak Javanese quite well and I find it difficult to understand some of the dialogue above since they are using abbreviations that I was not aware of.
                      [COLOR=black]
                      [/COLOR]

Comment

Because I am learning BaHasan and I don't want them know that I can't understand. Otherwise they will make jok on me! Please help.

Comment

Not really!

Originally posted by jimmi james View Post
                          Maybe the messages are not for you to be reading?
                          I would like to discuss with them but I can't understand. How can I join in.

Comment

well,simply tell them that you'd like to join the conversation but you don't speak the language.
                            [COLOR=black]
                            [/COLOR]

Comment

those are not Bahasa Indonesia.

those phrases that you posted are Javanese. YNK is an abbreviation. Ask it to the person sending it.
                              [COLOR=black]
                              [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X