new words in bahasa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new words in bahasa

i have just know the meaning of these indonesian words 'mangkus' and 'sangkil' .. even tho am indonesian too
    'mangkus' means effective and 'sangkil' means efficient....

so next time you read that words in some of indonesian letters or billboard ... you'll understand it .. :-)
    dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

I think I can guess as to why these two words are not used.
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Pengar for mabok (drunk).
      Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

'pengar'? ... that is a new one for me.. do you say the the 'e' like in 'enak' or the 'pesing' ?

pengar cinta ? mabuk cinta

Comment

no, laura cinta

thought pengar was more like having hangover?
          [FONT=arial black]
          [/FONT]

Comment

Pengar like you say pesing. Can not you find another word than pesing ..???
            Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by jstar View Post
              no, laura cinta

thought pengar was more like having hangover?
              I dont know. I read it in the Indonesian subtitle movie. "Dia lagi pengar". Explaining someone who is under drugs and alcohol influence. Weird word.

Comment

i should have ya? :-) but at that time i could not think of word that use 'e' and would not be more confusing. imagine if i wrote 'sepeda'
                Originally posted by Alia View Post
                Pengar like you say pesing. Can not you find another word than pesing ..???

Comment

This is from Kamus Besar Bahasa Indonesia:

pe·ngar a berasa agak pening (setelah bangun dr tidur yg tidak nyenyak, habis mabuk, dsb)

Comment

mang·kus a mustajab; mujarab; manjur; berhasil guna

sang·kil v 1 sampai: perahu kecil itu -- dng selamat ke tempat tujuan; 2 kena; mengenai: bidikannya tepat -- sasaran; 3 berdaya guna; efisien

I heard mangkus before, but never heard of pengar and sangkil.........

Comment

i just wonder who was the one who created those words??? what triggers them to approve that word to have certain meaning?
                      ehm, maybe like how the word 'twerking' was created ?

Comment

I so had the same immediate thought fastpitch!
                        Things happen for a reason...

Comment

I remember sangkil and mangkus, JS Badudu was promoting them instead of efektif and efisien. It's interesting that these words are still alive.

Comment

I'm Indonesian and i even don't know what that means

Comment

Good grief, I've been away from Indonesia too long!

Comment

Working...
                              X