Common abbreviations that locals use on FB & in social media

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what about ;wkwkwkwk;
    "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is difficult to determine if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Ember if from the Dutch word emmer. In Dutch there is also a slang version which has become a verb and which means nagging: emmeren (sodomize a female horse).

There are more btw: asbak (ashtray) has become a prokem synonym for vagina for instance.

interesting, street language culture.
      [FONT=arial black]
      [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by sherm View Post
        what about ;wkwkwkwk;
        It's similar to hehehehe, but it tries to represent a chuckle rather than a hearty laugh. The previous version of it was kekekeke, somewhat related to Indonesian expression "tertawa terkekeh-kekeh".

Comment

Originally posted by sherm View Post
          what about ;wkwkwkwk;
          Preeet

Comment

Originally posted by sudalupa View Post
            Still trying to work out what this means:

Behehhe bsa aja si om,
            Btw id aseli apa klonengan om, dah makmur nig
            nampaknya

?? any ideas !!
            bheehehe= laughing
            bsa aja si om = bisa aja si om = he/she express their humble
            btw id aseli apa klonengan om, dah makmur nig = by the way, your id/nickname is for real or it's clone (sock puppeting), have you rich ?
            nampaknya = i see

Comment

additional:
              GeCe/GC: gerak cepat (move fasters), usually does, used at that time also, and may in a rush.
              JB/MJB: Join Bareng/Maaf Join Bareng,There are usually using that fitting ngetweet / updates the status continue to exist that follow - come join in.
              Saik (Asik), fun
              Sabi (Bisa), can/could
              cukstaw (cukup tahu), quite know
              baryaw (sabar), patient
              metyaw (selamat), congratulations
              kipak (bohong), lie

Comment

Thanks Guys! Just what I was looking for. Why the heck didn't I think to look for other resources?
                At last! Now my evil destiny can be fulfilled! wkwkwkwk! lol
                I compiled a master list. I hope it helps me understand things better from my FB friends.
                I'll have to put it on my tablet and have it next to the laptop beside the main computer.

Bahasa Gaul
                http://www.byki.com/lists/english/slang-bahasa-02.html
                kata-kata makian
                http://www.youswear.com/index.asp?la...n#.UvWogGJdUbU
                Some of the chapters of my life are pretty boring but some of the pages are fascinating.

Comment

[COLOR=#333333]Behehhe bsa aja si om,[/COLOR]
                  [COLOR=#333333]Btw id aseli apa klonengan om, dah makmur nig [/COLOR]
                  [COLOR=#333333]nampaknya

it means :
                  Lol bisa aja deh om (cant find the right sentence in english, and it's hard to explain lol maybe later when i already got the right words in english xD)
                  by the way, is your ID real or fake?
                  now you seem rich..

[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by ladymarmalade View Post
                    additional:
                    GeCe/GC: gerak cepat (move fasters), usually does, used at that time also, and may in a rush.
                    JB/MJB: Join Bareng/Maaf Join Bareng,There are usually using that fitting ngetweet / updates the status continue to exist that follow - come join in.
                    Saik (Asik), fun
                    Sabi (Bisa), can/could
                    baryaw (sabar), patient
                    kipak (bohong), lie
                    Well, I'm an Indonesian native speaker but to be honest i don't speak nor write slang words much. So I don't know much about it. I'm not really into such a thing so called 'bahasa gaul' And I've just learned quite much from here. Thanks a lot to all of you who posted it
                    [FONT=times new roman]Follow your heart, but take your brain with you.[/FONT]

Comment

t4 = tempat
                      d5 = delima
                      s6 = senam
                      s7 = setuju

Only the first of these is in common use.

Comment

Originally posted by martindo View Post
                        t4 = tempat
                        d5 = delima
                        s6 = senam
                        s7 = setuju

Only the first of these is in common use.
                        Common? Well, in my entire social media life, texts or emails I have never used these abbrv.
                        So maybe not too common ya? Or maybe it is me who don't use abbreviations much (unless my thumb is numb from typing too much on my phone)
                        s7 for setuju yes but I never use the others.

Never used or recognized these too, I don't know where these abbrv. came from.

Originally posted by ladymarmalade View Post
                        additional:
                        Saik (Asik), fun
                        Sabi (Bisa), can/could
                        baryaw (sabar), patient
                        kipak (bohong), lie

Comment

Well, what can I say? I never hear "gue" outside Jakarta and rarely inside it. Mostly seems to be bahasa keren used by angry & arrogant characters in sinetron.

Life imitates art?

Comment

OK, I confess that I made up d5 and s6 after my stepdaughters used t4 and told me about s7.

Indonesian guy who sells Walls ice cream via bicycle always uses "met" when greeting me with a text asking if we want to buy that day.

Nggak --> gak --> g condensed quickly about 10 years ago. We almost always use "g" among family.

Guy who delivers LPG and aqua just replies "y" to confirm our order.

Comment

Originally posted by martindo View Post
                              Well, what can I say? I never hear "gue" outside Jakarta and rarely inside it. Mostly seems to be bahasa keren used by angry & arrogant characters in sinetron.

Life imitates art?
                              I don't understand what you are trying to say martindo.

But anyway,
                              Here's some abbreviations I normally use...
                              yg = yang
                              sm = sama
                              dgn = dengan
                              dmn = di mana
                              knp = kenapa
                              tp = tapi
                              enggak = ga
                              ya sometimes y when I'm busy but need to reply asap
                              as for gue I always use gw instead of gue or gua

Funny I texted with a foreigner and he used the language just like indonesians, saying aku with aq (mostly used by women tho well some men use it too I'm not sure. I myself never used aq always aku). and saying iya dong, ah sounds cute!
                              Last edited by whatever; 21-03-14, 20:14.

Comment

What one person thinks is "common" is "unusual" to another person. Somebody who makes sinetron seems to think "gue" is common, but I never hear it.

I use aq sometimes, mgu sometimes. Always: knp, yg, sm, tp, g and also d for "di". But at least half of my bahasa sms messages are with family members, so they know my idiosyncrasies and I know theirs.

Comment

Working...
                                X