Need translation help, please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need translation help, please.

I just joined this forum after searching high and low (and, yes, on Google translate) for the English translation of "Law Mymoy". I cannot find anything even resembling an answer. I was hoping someone here might be able to help. It is used in the context of following someone's name, as in Sara Law Mymoy. TIA!

You mean you want to translate someone's name to English ?

And why in the world do you do that ..??
    Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

@ Alia, maybe the OP suspects it's a title like "raden adjeng" or something, and wants to know more about what it signifies. For example, if I were to call myself "Puspawarna, slayer of dragons" I could see someone wanting a translation of "slayer of dragons."

@ vandv: What language is that? It doesn't look like b. Indonesia - any chance it is one of the other languages spoken in Indonesia?

Comment

If must mean "evil mother-in-law"; at least that's my guess. On the rare change that it does mean that, I will be happy to add it to my limited Indonesian vocabulary.

Comment

Originally posted by Alia View Post
          You mean you want to translate someone's name to English ?

And why in the world do you do that ..??

No, it is not her full name. This is a facebook page which she did have under her real name, but then changed it to just her first name followed by Law Mymoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
            @ Alia, maybe the OP suspects it's a title like "raden adjeng" or something, and wants to know more about what it signifies. For example, if I were to call myself "Puspawarna, slayer of dragons" I could see someone wanting a translation of "slayer of dragons."

@ vandv: What language is that? It doesn't look like b. Indonesia - any chance it is one of the other languages spoken in Indonesia?
            I am not sure if it actually is b. indonesia. I assume so because she lives in Jakarta and other things she has written were in b. Indonesia. There is another girl on FB who has this at the end of her name as well and she is also from Jakarta.

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
              If must mean "evil mother-in-law"; at least that's my guess. On the rare change that it does mean that, I will be happy to add it to my limited Indonesian vocabulary.
              LOL. No, I don't think it means anything like that. I'm wondering if it has something to do with being engaged, or married, but I can't find one thing that even gives a hint as to what it is. This is something that she deliberately changed her name to on FB. She did have her full name listed on her page and then changed it to her first name followed by Law Mymoy.

Comment

It could be because she doesn't want to be found on FB by certain people who know her full name, so she changed her FB name into some nonsensical words. I got some friends who use their nickname on FB, or even something totally random like 'blakasadut'.

Comment

Originally posted by vandv0127 View Post
                  LOL. No, I don't think it means anything like that. I'm wondering if it has something to do with being engaged, or married, but I can't find one thing that even gives a hint as to what it is. This is something that she deliberately changed her name to on FB. She did have her full name listed on her page and then changed it to her first name followed by Law Mymoy.
                  Erk. You are coming across a little bit like a stalker here. If you don't know the girl well enough through real life channels to know if she is engaged or married, maybe it's not really appropriate for you to be scouring the internet for an answer? (Sorry.)

Comment

Well considering the fact that this person has been screwing my husband, I think I'm entitled to a little stalking. She is claiming to her friends that she is engaged to MY husband.

Comment

The plot thickens...

Comment

It's definitely NOT Indonesian.

That name sounds like a Tagalog name as in the person who has the name is from the Philippine.

Have you tried asking your husband about it? I personally would stalk on my own husband first.I just believe that he won't cheat on me unless he wants to do it himself.
                        [COLOR=black]
                        [/COLOR]

Comment

Well considering the fact that this person has been screwing my husband, I think I'm entitled to a little stalking. She is claiming to her friends that she is engaged to MY husband.
                          Sorry to hear of your troubles. It's your HUSBAND you are going to have to work things out with, though, not her. Best of luck - it's a rotten situation you face.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetmaria View Post
                            That name sounds like a Tagalog name as in the person who has the name is from the Philippine.
                            I had the same thought, though not with much evidence -- I was just thinking it resembled "pinoy" and "moymoy".

Comment

Sounds like the girl doesn't even know he is married so you can't blame her. Deal with your husband. That is where the problem is.
                              [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X