Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best way to learn Bahasa Indonesia?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heres more learning resources...

SEAsite - Indonesia Home

also, you could play games like..

in the kitchen.... speak only bahasa indonesian... or no dinner.

in the bedroom.... speak only bahasa indonesian... otherwise no dessert

its simple psychology, if he needs to remember then he will!
    Last edited by suntzu; 07-05-13, 22:07. Reason: more info

Comment

Hi Sue, so you dont speak bahasa fluently, but you do the javanese? Wow, it's amazing. Are you javanese? Well, I am javanese, but for frankly, I cant speak it fluently. My parents did, but not me.

Yeah, I think the better way is to get some friends around the embassy, they usually speaks bahasa.

You know, bahasa is a little bit complicated -esp when it comes to a poetry.

If your hubby wants to speak bahasa, while i want to learn english so much. hehehe..

Salam kenal, Sue and everyone

Comment

well.. learning by books is only 20% effective.. the rest is require practical and conversational work.... dont be afraid to be wrong, don't be ashamed if you say it wrong, if it seems wrong, ask what's the right way to say it.. and make sure they don't make fun of you or mislead the words...

Comment

But uhm upin ipin talk malaysian.

I agree with most answers given. Let your husband hear the language everyday. Start with simple sentences like "Mari makan." when you are about to eat. Or something like that. Learning by listening and doing.
          Last edited by raincatcher; 07-07-13, 13:57.
          uncatchable

Comment

Get him a few girlfriends that speak no English what so ever - worked for most of us

Comment

I have been looking at http://indonesian-online.com/materia...ndonesian-way/ - the materials and content are the same as used at the Australian National University for first year Bahasa Indonesia - it looks helpful

Comment

Originally posted by kjeldoran View Post
                well.. learning by books is only 20% effective.. the rest is require practical and conversational work.... dont be afraid to be wrong, don't be ashamed if you say it wrong, if it seems wrong, ask what's the right way to say it.. and make sure they don't make fun of you or mislead the words...
                couldn't agree more with this,

it's require practical and conversational work to be done, if u had a friend who's apparently an indonesian, try to communicate with him/her through Skype if possible by doing a video call (more fun to do it this way) or if happened to be in the same city, hangout together will make it.
                The Pangalila's

Comment

Watch a couple of sinetron and write their reviews in Bahasa.

Comment

There are excellent schools in Indonesia which have online courses. Cinta Bahasa in particular has a dozen teachers and many students learning online with them using video conferencing and other applications so that you speak, read and hear at the same time. Programs like the Indonesian Way, books and other software such as Rosetta Stone are helpful, they don't get you all the way there unless you can speak directly with a native Indonesian-speaking teacher.

Comment

I recommend www.penpaland.com its a language exchange-based website which you can find many members from indonesia.

Comment

I agree with what others say,Speak it there is somthing about it when you speak it thatyou can remember it better.I My wife speaks fluent english,but had to really get on her about speaking Bahasa Indonesia with me,This is the best way i have learned and still learning.Also you can buy a cheap whte board and put it some where like above the tv or the computer some where where you look towards alot and write words and simple lessons on there and look at it during the day.

Also there is a man name Martin Johnson from America that lives in Jogja Indonesia with his family,That has a youtube channel, about him and his families life in Indonesia,he speaks Fluent Bahasa indonesia.I can understand his Bahasa Indonesia well,by that i have learned alot wattching his channel.he has a english speaking channel also called Riding Java.Here is the link to his bahasa Indo channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinJohnsonHQ
                        Last edited by I love Manado Food; 15-06-16, 14:21.

Comment

Im glad to see when people outside indonesia learn to speak our language.
                          Grosir Kaos Distro Murah di Bandung • AgeraGrosirDistro.com

Comment

[SIZE=2]"What's the best way to learn Bahasa Indonesia?"[/SIZE]

Let me try to answer your question and help you a little bit. But, let me ask you with some questions first.
                            1. Where is your husband from? maybe his accent, pronunciation etc could influence his progress in learning bahasa Indonesia
                            2. Why do you want your husband speak bahasa? just for daily communication or want to continue his study in Indonesia? because daily communication language is informal and if he wants to continue his study in Indonesia, he has to be able to speak bahasa in formal way.

Let's answer this if your husband needs to learn bahasa for daily communication in Indonesia. What he needs to learn is (step by step):
                            1. nouns (kata benda)
                            2. verbs (kata kerja) don't teach him with prefix and suffix. Just to inform you that Indonesian people don't speak formally for daily communication
                            3. WH-Questions (apa, kapan, dimana, kemana, siapa etc) at least he understands how to ask. For example: he can ask in bahasa 'dimana?', 'di rumah' (very simple but understood)
                            4. Just teach him root words at the first time
                            5. watching Indonesian movie for beginners is really difficult for them
                            Provides the Indonesian language course programs for expats in Indonesia (Private)

Comment

This is the freshest and maybe the best application for you to figure out how to speak Indonesian in 24 hours!

Comment

Working...
                              X