Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need chatting translation please !

Hi everybody !
    I need a translation from bahasa to english ( or french ) of some chatting sentences. Indonesian slang is really too complicated. >_<
    Any helpful indonesian ?
    Thanks so much in advance !

Hi there,
    if you could supply us with some real examples, from a chat site or something, we'll be able to help a bit more effectively.
    Cheers,

DavidG
    'Don't be concerned about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia'. - Charles M Schultz

Comment

Hi..
      All slang is complicated hehehehe
      Our people love to abbreviate a word, like " knp " from " kenapa ", "brp" from "berapa" and "rmh" from "rumah"..
      My messenger online most of the time. Drop me the sentences which confusing you, I'll help you.
      I have a friend comes from USA, he was learning Indonesian from all sources and God, he is good.

Comment

Many repeated words often have the number '2' stuck on the end to save repeating the same word in text...
        some examples= jalan2, shopping or hanging out.
        anak2, - kids

Also you will find that many people just drop the vowels out.
        I was able to read Bahasa Indonesian sms and chat way before I knew any proper words.
        Now I rarely see it and am struggling to remember it.
        Its funny how things change...
        Cicak Magnet

Comment

anyone know what "ntr" means? I've been told is short for 'nanti' which doesn't add up with the letter 'r' there ..

Comment

ntr = sebentar = later
            "Science is the philosophy of discovery. Intelligent design is a philosophy of ignorance"

Comment

Originally posted by redsnapr View Post
              ntr = sebentar = later
              ah I see .. thank you!!

Comment

Red is right, and your Indonesian is better than I thought, Red !

To be more precise with the slang language, 'ntr' means 'ntar'. Short from 'sebentar'. Whilst 'sebentar' it self will be shorten to 'sbtr'.
                Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

I get a lot of help, ya know...
                  "Science is the philosophy of discovery. Intelligent design is a philosophy of ignorance"

Comment

the number 2 behind text means the word is repeat twice. usually to mention plural things .anak2=anak-anak=kids (plural)

Comment

hahaha lucu sekali ya liat orang asing belajar bahasa indonesia, hey you can pm me if you need help about bahasa indonesia or just add my ym [email protected]

Comment

Hello david, i just joined this forum about 5 minutes ago. I dont know if you still need help to translate your chatting right now, if you want i can help you, although it was July, i think i am a little bit late. By the way, if someone is looking for translator, tutor, or teacher for russia indonesia, or russia english, please let me know. I just graduate from university in Russia, i went back to my country indonesia, and still looking for job right now. Thank you for your attention.

Regards,
                        Ariel Olaf

Comment

Can you please help me translate this because I have no idea when it comes to chat?

'Bli Junk MHz Ja kno'a Ayu ya ??? Cz Ayu takut doi tau and tnya mcem"

thanks Brad

Comment

Originally posted by AussieSurfer View Post
                            Can you please help me translate this because I have no idea when it comes to chat?

'Bli Junk MHz Ja kno'a Ayu ya ??? Cz Ayu takut doi tau and tnya mcem"

thanks Brad
                            At first, I thought...is it Bahasa Indonesia? Hahaha then I realize it is Indonesian text language. I would venture to guess:

Bli = beli (buy)
                            Junk MHz = NO idea
                            Ja = is it Ja as in Yes (German) or Ha (as in Spanish ha).
                            Kno'a = no fricking idea
                            Ayu = I guess that's her name
                            Cz = 'cos = because
                            Takut = afraid, worried.
                            Doi = He or She (depends on who she talked about)
                            Tau = know, but in this context, it means find out
                            Tnya macem = ask questions

The second part: because Ayu is afraid that she/he would find out and ask questions. Hmm, seems like Ayu is hiding something...Junk Mhz perhaps?
                            [FONT=palatino linotype]Fashionably sensitive but too cool to care. [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by JolieGal View Post
                              At first, I thought...is it Bahasa Indonesia? Hahaha then I realize it is Indonesian text language. I would venture to guess:

Bli = beli (buy)
                              Junk MHz = NO idea
                              Ja = is it Ja as in Yes (German) or Ha (as in Spanish ha).
                              Kno'a = no fricking idea
                              Ayu = I guess that's her name
                              Cz = 'cos = because
                              Takut = afraid, worried.
                              Doi = He or She (depends on who she talked about)
                              Tau = know, but in this context, it means find out
                              Tnya macem = ask questions

The second part: because Ayu is afraid that she/he would find out and ask questions. Hmm, seems like Ayu is hiding something...Junk Mhz perhaps?
                              Good translation, Jolie. But, is the person who wrote that sentence a Javanese or Balinese? In Bali 'bli' means older brother or 'mas' in Java
                              Perhaps we need to consider the ethnic background as well. For example, for the word kenyang. In Bahasa Indonesia 'kenyang' means full (after meals) but when a Balinese says 'kenyang' you need to check whether she/he means: kenyang in Bahasa Indonesia or kenyang in Balinese language which means: horny .
                              Can't delete thread+profile, all controlled by the mods. Bless them who hate you

Comment

Working...
                              X