Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love message

Selamat sore,

Thank you for reading my message. I would like to express my feeling to my fiance that is from Jawa, but I cannot even speak bahasa. Even if I am learning I won't be good enough to translate what I want to say to her.

If you guys could help me and give me the closest translation possible to the following text that would be awesome. I know it is hard to translate. I just want to avoid losing the meaning.

"I deeply know that you are the one for me. We might be from different origin but we are the same. Two bodies for one soul. That is what marriage is and that is what we were already before we met. One unique soul that fate planned to join again. You are the best thing that happened in my life. I love you from the bottom of my heart."

I hope you can help me.

terima kasih

Jo

here is what i can try....

aku tahu dari dalam hatiku kamu satu satunya buat aku. kita mungkin berasal dari asal yang berbeda, tetapi kita adalah sama . dua tubuh untuk satu. dan itulah arti pernikahan dan itulah yang sudah kita jalani bahkan sebelum kita bertemu. satu jiwa yang unik dipersatukan kembali. kamu adalah hal terindah yang terjadi dalam hidupku, aku mencintai kamu dari lubuk hati ku

if she lives in jakarta ( tho coming from java) and you want to make it more sounds young
    gue tau banget lo tu satu satunya buat gue. kita emang dari dua tempat yang beda tapi kita sama. dua tubuh satu jiwa. itu yang namanya pernikaham dan kita udah siap untuk itu sebelom kita ketemu. satu jiwa yang unik yang bakal di persatukan lagi. lo hal yang paling indah bisa kejadian di idup gue, gue sayang banget sama lo.

or you can try the javanese version ( but i can only make it in ngoko )
    aku wis ngerti nek kowe ki tunggale gawe aku. dhewe mungkin asal asale bedho mung dhewe ki podho. awak kalih mung jiwone siji. kuwi lo artine pernikahan, lan kita yo wis siap sa durunge dhewe ketemu. dhewe ki bakal di dadekno siji. kowe ki sing sing paling apik sing tau kedaden ning uripku, aku tresno karo kowe.

hope that helps
    dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

Aw.. so sweet. Here's for you, sweet people.

"Aku tau bahwa kau adalah untukku. Kita berasal dari tempat yang berbeda, tapi kita sama. Dua raga untuk satu jiwa. Itulah arti pernikahan dan itulah kita bahkan sebelum kita bertemu. Satu jiwa unik yang ditakdirkan untuk bersatu kembali. Engkau adalah yang terbaik yang pernah terjadi dalam hidupku. Aku mencintaimu dari lubuk hatiku yang terdalam."
      Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

Darn, gab beat me to it with even more language options ..!
        Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

alia, i wish i could write down in kromo inggil ...but my javanese skill is soooo poor , that even when i was in elementary school and learned that bahasa daerah, i created my own character for honocoroko ...

Comment

Mas Dapit would know it better than both of us I'm sure.

Mas Dapit..., monggo melu nimbrung ...

Comment

aaaaiiih *blush blush* masih ada ya surat cinta jama RomeoJuliet gini hehe
              Imagine, it's POSSIBLE. Dream boundless...

Comment

Is it just me, or anyone local here feels that when we use Bahasa Indonesia for love message like above sounds a bit ...uhhm... norak ? Whilst English sounds more classy.

Okay, probably its just me.

Comment

No, it's not just you. I find it puke-inducing as well. Contrast that to one by e.e. cummings:

i like my body when it is with your
                  body. It is so quite new a thing.
                  Muscles better and nerves more.
                  i like your body. i like what it does,
                  i like its hows. i like to feel the spine
                  of your body and its bones, and the trembling
                  -firm-smooth ness and which I will
                  again and again and again
                  kiss, i like kissing this and that of you,
                  i like, slowly stroking the, shocking fuzz
                  of your electric fur, and what-is-it comes
                  over parting flesh...And eyes big love-crumbs,

and possibly i like the thrill
                  of under me you so quite new
                  Last edited by lone_ranger; 21-05-12, 16:37.
                  sigpic

Comment

ho oh!!!!!! it sounds like sinetron script! .. honestly speaking i was feeling weird re-reading what i wrote .. it sounds phony and corny .. and sounds like sinetron's actors and actresses would be able to speak it ... ha ha

Originally posted by Alia View Post
                    Is it just me, or anyone local here feels that when we use Bahasa Indonesia for love message like above sounds a bit ...uhhm... norak ? Whilst English sounds more classy.

Okay, probably its just me.

Comment

For classy, some of the lyrics by Oddie Agam are very, very good. A veritable genius at love "poetry." Sinetron actresses need not apply, though. Need a Malaysian diva to really do them justice.
                      sigpic

Comment

If I may try, but a bit lyrical.

Aku sangat tau
                        Bahwa kamu adalah untuk ku
                        Walau asal kita berbeda
                        Tetapi sesungguhnya kita adalah sama

Dua raga menjadi satu jiwa
                        Itulah makna dari sebuah pernikahan
                        Itulah kita sebelum adanya perjumpaan
                        Satu jiwa yang berbeda ditakdirkan untuk kembali bersama

Kamu
                        Adalah hal terbaik yang pernah ada dalam hidupku
                        Dan aku
                        Mencintai kamu dengan segenap hatiku
                        I smile.

Comment

Originally posted by Alia View Post
                          Mas Dapit would know it better than both of us I'm sure.

Mas Dapit..., monggo melu nimbrung ...

Kula sampun mangertos menawi Sampeyan punika tunggilipun kangge kula. Kita bok menawi asalipun benten, nanging kita punika sami. Saliranipun kalih nanging jiwanipun satunggal sajodho. Punika inggih tegesipun pernikahan, lan saderengipun kita kepanggih, kita sampun jodho... etc ...I'm getting a bit dizzy now
                          'Don't be concerned about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia'. - Charles M Schultz

Comment

@ausdag: as much as i could thumbs up!!!!!!!! you are a better javanese than those who grew up in java ..

Comment

ga roooh! mboten ngertos! :P...
                              Imagine, it's POSSIBLE. Dream boundless...

Comment

Working...
                              X