Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retirement Visa

Hi,

This is our first post, hopefully we are in the correct forum.

My wife & I are looking to retire to Bali when the flights return to some form of normality.

Our question is, our guaranteed annual pension is approximately US$16700 total, does that mean we are automatically precluded from applying for the retirement visa, or could savings be taken into account, if so how much?

We could certainly afford to pay our rent annually.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Originally posted by kiwimover View Post
    ...our guaranteed annual pension is approximately US$16700 total, does that mean we are automatically precluded from applying for the retirement visa, or could savings be taken into account, if so how much?...

Yes , your request can be based on your savings . Because it is an one year Visa/Stay Permit , you will be eligible if you can present bank(s) statement(s) fund(s) for one year living expenses (12 x USD1'500 = USD18'000) .

See below the official rules related to the Retirement Visa/Stay Permit (not the official translation) .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

PP no.31 , year 2013 (Government Regulation)
    Article 103
    (1) Application for the...(Retirement) Visa shall be submitted...attaching the following :
    a. Letter of Guarantee from the Guarantor;
    b. photocopy of a legal Nationality Passport and still valid:
    1. ...
    2. at least 18 (eighteen) months for those who will .. stay in Indonesia for a period of 1 (one) year; or
    3. ...
    c. having proof to cover living cost for himself/herself and/or his/her family while staying in Indonesia; and
    d. color photograph.
    Article 142
    (1) Application for the...Stay Permit shall be submitted...
    (2) Application as contemplated in clause (1) shall be submitted...attaching the following :
    i. For foreign elderly .. includes:
    1. Letter of Guarantee from a tourism travel agency ..;
    2. legal Nationality Passport and still valid;
    3. statement letter concerning fund availability to fulfill his/her living needs while staying in Indonesia, from the pension fund institution or bank(s) in his/her origin country or in Indonesia;
    4. health insurance , death insurance , and third party liability insurance;
    5. written statement to live within means in available accommodation while in Indonesia, either by rent, lease, or purchase; and
    6. statement letter to employ Indonesian informal workers .

---------------------------------------------

PerMen no.24 , year 2016 (Minister Regulation)
    Article 37
    The application for a visa...for foreign elderly...attaching :
    e. evidence from a state pension fund institution or bank in the origin country or in Indonesia which proves fund(s) availability of at least US$ 1500 (one thousand five hundred American dollars) per month...
    f. health, death, and third party liability insurances in either the origin country or in Indonesia;
    g. proof of stay in the accommodation valued at least US$ 35,000 (thirty five thousand American dollars) or rent per month at least:
    1. US$ 500 (five hundred US dollars) for the region Special Capital Region of Jakarta, Bandung and Bali;
    2. US$ 300 (three hundred US dollars) for the other regions of Java, Batam and Medan; or
    3. US$ 200 (two hundred US dollars) other than the regions referred to in number 1 and number 2; and
    h. statement will employ at least 2 (two) Indonesians .

Comment

Hello Marcus,

Very informative, thank you.

Just to clarify, are those costs for a couple, or for each of myself and my wife?

Also, I don't understand the accommodation cost of US$35,000, but then states US$500 which I assume is per month for 12 months?

David.

Comment

(1) ...are those costs for a couple, or for each of myself and my wife?

(2) Also, I don't understand the accommodation cost of US$35,000, but then states US$500 which I assume is per month for 12 months?

(1) As you see , the Regulations don't mention family living costs , so I don't know (I am in a Retirement Stay Permit myself , but alone - and in more than 12 years in this Forum , you are the first to ask that) . You better ask your visa agent .

Related to that , I inform you that , if your wife is also 55 yo or older , the visa agent will charge you for 2 Retirement Visas , instead of a Retirement Visa for you + a "dependent" Visa for your wife ("dependent" Visa is cheaper because you would be your wife's sponsor) , so you better check this with the agent .
        Theoretically the Retirement Visa requires USD18'000 and a "dependent" Visa requires only USD1'500 , in normal times . But just now , with this coronavirus crisis , the "dependent" visa requires USD10'000 .
        Note : You could request yourself a "dependent" Visa for your wife , but it would be a little difficult for you (but if you want , I can inform you theoretically how , because I never did this specific Visa myself , but did other type of Visa)

(2) USD35'000 if you buy , USD500 per month if you rent . But you should not consider the USD35'000 because other Regulation doesn't allow foreigners to buy cheap houses .

Note : I sometimes write Visa/Stay Permit , sometimes either Visa or Stay Permit . In practice Visa and Stay Permit are almost the same thing . You get a Visa to enter Indonesia , and it turns into a Stay Permit (or a Visit Permit in other cases) inside Indonesia . In your case , Retirement Stay Permit is also known as Retirement KITAS (or , nowadays , Retirement e-ITAS) .

---------------------------------------

PerMen no.24 , year 2016
        Article 32
        The application for a visa...for a foreigner who will join a husband or wife who holds a Limited Stay Permit or ... attaching the following :
        a. letter of guarantee from the guarantor;
        b. photocopy of a valid National Passport and still valid for at least 18 (eighteen) months ...
        c. photocopy of the marriage certificate...which has been translated into Indonesian by a sworn translator, except if in English;
        d. photocopy of Limited Stay Permit...or Approval Letter for Limited Stay Visa for husband or wife ...
        e. proof of having living expenses for himself/herself and / or his/her family while in the Indonesian Territory of at least US$ 1500 (one thousand five hundred US dollars); and
        f. Color photo with a size of 4 cm x 6 cm with a white background.

Comment

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for that, that clarifies everything.

So 1 other question, as my wife & I only have a joint pension income of US$18,000, if we were to have, for example US$30,000 in savings, could that be used as well as the pension income to qualify us?

Regards,

David.

Comment

...joint pension income of US$18,000, ...for example US$30,000 in savings, could that be used as well as the pension income to qualify us?

So let's say :

- for a Retirement Visa + a "dependent" Visa : just the savings is/are enough ;

- for 2 Retirement Visas : I guess they are enough too . Although both Regulations state "...pension fund institution OR bank..." , I guess you can present proof of the pension AND(+) savings .

Comment

Great, thanks so much for your responses.

David.

Comment

Working...
              X