No announcement yet.

How long the proses of making a KITAS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long the proses of making a KITAS?

Hi forum,

Long story short, I want to take my hubby back to Indonesia. We’ve been planning this trip since last year and got postponed. I didn’t plan to get a KITAS for him at first, however we have no choice at the present situation. I’m planning to use an agent service from Jakarta to proses the necessary KITAS. Anyone know how long does it take for the process? Thank you in advance

Originally posted by snowdrop View Post
    ... Anyone know how long does it take for the process?

When I did myself (more than 10 years ago) it took around 1 month . Now the process starts online and it is first approved by Jakarta , so in normal conditions it would take less time .

But I think you don't need to be concerned about that , because the most important thing is to get the VITAS (Visa for the KITAS) , which now is done online and you don't need to go to an Embassy/Consulate as the Visa will be sent by email to you (not affixed in your spouse's passport) , so I guess this fase takes less than 1 week . You start the KITAS process within 1 month after your spouse enters Indonesia , but then it doesn't matter how long it takes .

Note 1 : Specifically this month (between 11 and 25) due to records in the number of coronavirus infected people , the Indonesian government imposed the PSBB restrition program for Java and Bali , so I don't know how this will afect Immigration .

Note 2 : I suggest you to compare the situations of this coronavirus crisis : in the country where you are now and Indonesia (see links below)

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ (coronavirus situation around the world)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...sia#post860282 (present situation of coronavirus in Indonesia)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...-old-people-45 (statistics about death from coronavirus in Indonesia)
    Last edited by marcus; 1 week ago.

Comment

Thank you Marcus for your reply. 
      I got email from the agent today and he said the KITAS proses takes around 7 days. We are in the UK and it is in lockdown. Do you happen to know if and when the government is going to reinstate the SosBud visa or Visa on arrival?

Comment

Originally posted by snowdrop View Post
        (1) ... he said the KITAS proses takes around 7 days ...

(2) Do you happen to know if and when the government is going to reinstate the SosBud visa or Visa on arrival?

(1) I think what he meant is 7 days to get the Visa for the KITAS (now instead of getting the "telex visa" to go to an Embassy , you get the e-Visa) . And you have to understand that the most difficult work is yours as you need to provide all the required personal documents + coronavirus test + .. The agent will only upload these things in the Immigration website and pay the fee in the bank (this online system now makes it very easy for the agents - and for anyone who want to do it himself/herself , regardless of where he/she is as far as he/she can pay the fee by internet banking or ask somebody in Indonesia to pay it) .

Note : Let me make it clear (no matter how easy is to get the Visa) unless extremely necessary I suggest you/your spouse to avoid coming to Indonesia now (except if you are now in a country with an even worse coronavirus crisis dan Indonesia) . Compare (the 2 countries) mainly about : how good is the coronavirus hospitals treatment , how full are the hospitals , how quick you will get the 2 dosis of vaccine , and how good are the government actions regarding this crisis .

(2) For sure all Visas will be available in the future , but when I think nobody knows .

This Visa situation is due to the coronavirus crisis , and as we see here in Indonesia (and in so many other countries) just now the crisis is worsening .
        Last edited by marcus; 1 week ago.

Comment

Hi Marcus, 

I might try to do it myself online. I already compiled all the necessary documents. 
          I appreciate your concern regarding the situation there. I’m fully aware. Thanks 

Comment

Working...
          X