US Social Security to Indonesian Bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Social Security to Indonesian Bank

Does anyone out there have experience setting up direct deposit for U.S. social security to an Indonesian bank?

I am not American , but I found these references in the internet :

From https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nSf/lnx/...ocument&Click= (US Social Security Administration)

[Program Operations Manual System (POMS)

GN 02402.365 Coding Indonesian Bank Data on the Master Beneficiary Record (MBR)

This section describes how to code bank data for international direct deposit (IDD) of Title II benefits to a financial institution (FI) in Indonesia. The Social Security Administration (SSA) stores IDD bank data on the MBR in the same fields used for United States (U.S.) direct deposit. Special coding identifies the data as an Indonesian direct deposit and allows us to route benefit payments through the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City (FRBKC) and the processor bank in Indonesia to the beneficiary's local FI.

A. How we receive IDD bank data
    We receive requests to input bank data by mail, phone, or fax in the following formats:...............................]
    Last edited by marcus; 26-12-20, 15:53.

Comment

By the way , although this may not be applicable to your case , I found out that (to me) it is not a good idea because my country's government would tax it more than I would be taxed by receiving the pension in a bank in my country .

Besides that I prefer to receive money in Indonesia in US$ (gives me the flexibility to exchange to Rupiah when the exchange rate is more favorable) .
      Last edited by marcus; 01-01-21, 11:51.

Comment

Setting up a USD denominated account at at least some Indonesian banks is quite easily done. Perhaps the Social Security Administration can make direct deposits to such an account.

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
          (1) Setting up a USD denominated account at at least some Indonesian banks is quite easily done.

(2) Perhaps the Social Security Administration can make direct deposits to such an account.

(1) I agree . I have myself .

(2) Perhaps , but the form they provide (SSA-1199-OP36) specifically states : "THIS ACCOUNT MUST BE IN INDONESIA RUPIAH" .

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post

(1) I agree . I have myself .

(2) Perhaps , but the form they provide (SSA-1199-OP36) specifically states : "THIS ACCOUNT MUST BE IN INDONESIA RUPIAH" .
            Our move back to Jakarta is still three or four years out, but if getting SSA to direct deposit to an Indonesian bank account forces an acceptance of an exchange rate offered at the time of the deposit, it may be time to begin exploring all the options for easy access to USA sources of income upon our re-relocation. Thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

Working...
            X