VITAS and Reporting to File for KITAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VITAS and Reporting to File for KITAS

I arrived in Indonesia a little over 2 weeks ago and have to request a KITAS within 30 days. I was unaware of the Izin Tinggal Online site so drove about an hour to the immigration office in Semarang. They explained that they could not help me at the office but that I would need to apply on the website. After returning home I attempted to enter the nomor penguasaan for my VITAS which the website was asking for, but every time I enter it all I get is a pop up box telling me to make payment in order to request KITAS. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong on their website? This is frustrating to say the least.

I just cheked the website and it is not working . In the first time I went untill the 2nd page and could not go further . Closed and tried again , but this time it was even worse , it didn't open at all .

I suggest you to go to Kantor Imigrasi again with your laptop and internet (through your cell phone or separated modem) and ask their help . I heard of people who even got their help in the Immigration computer .

Comment

Originally posted by Erick1234 View Post
      ... I get is a pop up box telling me to make payment in order to request KITAS ...

By the way , did you check your emeil to know if Immigration sent you a notice of the amount you need to pay in the bank . I heard of a member that he was asked to pay for the KITAS at the beginning of the process (and not at the end of the process as it was usual before) .

Comment

Hi Marcus, thanks for checking. Each time I enter the nomor penguasaan as the screen requests it is popping up with a box that says Pesan Gagal (Request failed). I read somewhere that it required not only the nomor penguasaan but also the passport number. I have also tried that but same failed result. If it does not start working later this morning I will call the immigration office to see if there is something that I am doing wrong, or if the system is really down. I will update the board so you know and anyone else who may be having the same problem also knows.

Comment

Erik , I am just tried now and the website is working . I never did it before , (in the English page) it requests "VITAS Authorization Number / e-Visa" , and in the Indonesian version it requests the "Nomor Penguasaan / e-Visa" . So the problem may be to know exactly what number is it because probably there is more than 1 number in your e-Visa , right ?

Did you try all numbers you have in the e-Visa ?

Comment

I have an old telex visa (from 2015) , and yes it is clear there what is the nomor penguasaan , but I guess they ask for 2 numbers , the no. penguasaan + no. e-Visa , isn't it ?
            And the format how you type the numbers may be critical too . Should you do exactly as they say xxxx / yyyy , or differently like : xxxx yyyy , or xxxx/yyyy ??

Comment

I just entered two numbers together in various configurations and still the same results, failed request! Their website certainly is not very clear. They certainly are very lazy at the immigration office, instead of helping me do this after driving over an hour they insisted that I not use there computer and that I go home and input the data.

I am still waiting for a response to my inquiry to them today.

Comment

You can try Immigration account in the social media : Ditjen Imigrasi | Facebook , DitJen Imigrasi (@ditjen_imigrasi) / Twitter .

Comment

Erick , by searching the internet Isaw that in 2018 that page asked 2 numbers in 2 different lines :

Nomor Paspor
                  Nomor Penguasaan VITAS

So I am thinking that if they changed the page recently maybe internally their server is only recognizing the old requirements . So I suggest you to try to imput there : passport number / Penguasaan VITAS number , or only the passport number , click "Report"/"Lapor" , and maybe in the next page the Penguasaan VITAS number ? We need to try all the possibilities .
                  Last edited by marcus; 23-12-20, 15:55.

Comment

I saw another website configuration where the page is exactly as it is now , EXCEPT it asks only the Nomor Penguasaan VITAS .

See at https://www.ilalanggrass.com/2012/04...-terbatas.html (April 2020)

So I would try to imput only the Nomor Penguasaan VITAS . If it doesn't work , I would try to imput only the e-Visa number .
                    Last edited by marcus; 23-12-20, 16:42.

Comment

Hi Marcus, thanks for your help. I have tried every configuration of numbers I can think of to get this to work. I received a response from the immigration office, they told me to come back in on Monday and they will help me take care of it then. Not sure why they refused t help a few days ago when I was standing in their office after driving in heavy traffic for over an hour to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick1234 View Post
                        ...Not sure why they refused t help a few days ago when I was standing in their office after driving in heavy traffic for over an hour to get there.

It is very sad to know how people can be so inconsiderate .

And , for people who knows , it is a 5 seconds answer , isn't possible for them to anwer through the email or phone ?

Comment

In the internet I saw this Whatsapp number from the South Jakarta Immigration Office (+62.811.1616.423) , in case you want to try your luck to save another trip to your local Immigration .

Comment

Working...
                          X