B211 Visit visa onshore application $10,000 USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B211 Visit visa onshore application $10,000 USD

Hi, have the application document requirements changed for onshore B211 visit visa applications since August this year? Is there a new requirement that the sponsor provide proof of $10,000 USD in their savings account? I don't see this mentioned on the online application pages. Thank you

That USD10'000 value comes from the new Regulation (see below) , but in my interpretation it is applicable for foreigners outside Indonesia (but from your other post , you are in Indonesia) .

The way I see the PM 26/2020 , the first part untill Article 6 , it refers to foreigners outside Indonesia , and starting from Article 7 , it refers to foreigners inside Indonesia .
    As Article 10 does not mention the US$10'000 , I guess it should be US$1'500 according to PM 24/2016 . But as Article 10 also states "application in accordance with the provisions of laws and regulations" , one can interpret it as according to this PM 26/2020 (or in other words , US$10'000) .

REGULATION OF MINISTER OF LAW AND HUMAN RIGHTS NUMBER 26 OF 2020 ON VISA AND STAY PERMIT IN THE NEW NORMAL (29 Sept 2020)
    Article 2
    (1) Foreign national holding a legal and valid Visa and/or Stay Permit will be allowed to enter the Indonesian Territory ...
    Article 4
    Visitor Visa as referred to in Article 2 ...
    Article 5
    (1) Temporary Stay Visa as referred to in Article 2 ...

Article 6
    (1) Visitor Visa and Temporary Stay Visa as referred to in Article 4 and Article 5, ...
    (3) To obtain a Visa Approval from the Director-General of Immigration as referred to in section (2), a Sponsor must make an online application ... presenting :
    a. a health certificate in English ...
    b. a declaration letter in English consented to do a mandatory self-isolation or undertake a medical treatment ...
    c. a consent letter to be monitored during the quarantine or self-isolation ...
    d. health insurance or travel insurance ...
    (4) Visitor Visa applicant as referred to in Article 4, and in addition to requirements as referred to in Article 6 section (3), a Sponsor must demonstrate that they have sufficient funds of at least US$10,000 to support their living expenses during stay in Indonesia.

CHAPTER III
    VISITOR STAY PERMIT, TEMPORARY STAY PERMIT, AND PERMANENT STAY PERMIT
    Article 7
    (1) Foreign nationals holding a Visitor Stay Permit who has been granted an Emergency Say Permit staying in Indonesia can apply for an extension of Stay Permit at immigration offices in accordance with the provisions of law and regulations.

Article 8
    (3) Foreign nationals holding a Temporary Stay Permit or Permanent Stay Permit, ...

Article 9
    (1) Foreign Nationals holding a Stay Permit staying in Indonesia can be granted a new Stay Permit after a Visa Approval is issued.

Article 10
    (1) Visa Approval, as referred to in Article 8 section (3) and Article 9 section (1), is issued for:
    a. Visitor Visa Approval; or
    b. Temporary Stay Visa Approval.
    (2) To obtain a Visa Approval from the Director General of Immigration as referred to in section (1), a Sponsor must make an application in accordance with the provisions of laws and regulations with the following procedures:
    a. applying online; and
    b. completing payment for Visa Approval and Visa.
    (3) Visa Approval, as referred to in section (1), is sent electronically as e-Visa.

Article 11
    (1) Visa Approval is also valid for a Visitor Stay Permit.

------------------------------------------------------------

PERATURAN MENTERI NOMOR 24 TAHUN 2016
    Article 10
    (1) Visa application for single entry Visit Visa and ... is proposed by foreigners to an Indonesian Embassy/Consulate .
    (3) Application for a Visit Visa as referred to in paragraph (1) is done by filling out the data application and attach requirements:
    a. valid passport and still valid at least: 6 (six) months for 1 single entry Visa;
    b. sponsor letter
    c. proof of having at least US$1'500 for the cost of living for himself/herself and / or his/her family while in the Indonesian Territory
    Last edited by marcus; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

By the way , these values of US$1'500 or US$10'000 may be in your account or in your sponsor's account (as I understand) .

Comment

Thanks Marcus, yes with my original application in August I provided my own bank statement, no bank statement from my sponsor. Does it stand to reason that with the amount increased to $10,000 I can still provide my own bank statement instead of the sponsors? Has the wording of the rules changed to indicate that the new $10,000 amount must be the sponsors bank account?

Comment

Originally posted by cmichindo View Post
          ... Does it stand to reason that with the amount increased to $10,000 I can still provide my own bank statement instead of the sponsors? Has the wording of the rules changed to indicate that the new $10,000 amount must be the sponsors bank account?

My copy of the Regulation is an English version and I think it was not well translated . From what I have seen in this Forum and my own experience , usually financial proof has been related to the foreigner's bank account and a relatively low level Regulation cannot change the objective of the rule ( but I guess it could be related to the sponsor's bank account too because Immigration requires the sponsor to be financially responsible for the foreigner) .

Comment

Got the visa approved, they do accept your own foreign bank statements instead of the sponsors statement.

Comment

And what about the US$10'000 ?

Comment

was this your first or second consecutive onshore b211a visa since the pandemic began and the regulations changed? and yes, how about the $10000 USD? My first b211a will be finished in March and I'm wondering if I will be able to stay and apply fo another one at that time.

Comment

Working...
                X