Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking a bank loan as a foreigner

Hi there !

I'm a french citizen planing on moving to indonesia when/if the global health situation is getting better.
    I understand that there is a few steps to get the work or residency permit.

But as a general rule, what are the condition for a foreigner to take a bank loan ?
    Is there people whose work is to facilitate this kind of operation (along with the visa)?
    Should I go to a law company?

Hope I can find some answers here

Thanks

Originally posted by ACRNMANNM View Post
    (1) ... I understand that there is a few steps to get the work or residency permit.

(2) ... what are the condition for a foreigner to take a bank loan ?

(3) Is there people whose work is to facilitate this kind of operation (along with the visa)? Should I go to a law company? ...

(1) Many steps , but usually it is the employer who takes care of the documents (work permit from Manpower Department & residency permit from Immigration Department) .

(2) I only took it once from an Indonesian rural bank (small bank) and got it because I had a investment there which was taken as warranty of the loan . I heard that it is more difficult in big banks , but never checked if true .

(3) You can find all kind of people to help you , including lawyers . But I think it is not worth to hire lawyers for these things . Visa agents are very common here (but as I said , for work , it is the employer who has the responsibility to provide you the necessary documents . For bank loan you can just ask the banks . Or give us more detail of what exactly you have in mind , so maybe we can help you further .

Comment

Working...
    X