Now Mixed Family Members Abroad Can Get Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now Mixed Family Members Abroad Can Get Visa

From https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/...ostviewed&pg=/ (17 Sept 2020)
    Title : Mixed-nationality families to reunite as Indonesia relaxes visa policy
    By : Galih Gumelar

[... The Law and Human Rights Ministry's immigration office announced on Monday that it would allow foreign spouses and children of mixed-nationality marriages living abroad to apply for a limited stay visa for family reunification (VITAS 317) to enter Indonesia ... "But, they should also comply with health protocols such as going into quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Indonesia" ...
    The immigration office said the policy was made for "humanitarian reasons"...

The new policy allows foreign members of mixed-nationality families to apply for the visa online and offshore and submit documents, such as an application form and a copy of their passport, via the immigration office's website visa-online.imigrasi.go.id. The immigration office will send its approval, known as telex visa, to applicants via email once officials verify their documents. Applicants can obtain the visa at Indonesian embassies by providing the telex visa from the immigration office.

The policy on family reunification visas not only applies to foreign members of mixed-nationality families, but also to spouses or children of foreigners living in Indonesia, who hold temporary stay permits (ITAS) and permanent stay permits (ITAP).

The policy comes after immigration authorities suspended almost all visa application processes, including for family reunification, and generally restricted foreigners from entering Indonesia since April 2 due to the COVID-19 outbreak ...]
    Last edited by marcus; 18-09-20, 09:46.

Hi,
    Wondering if anyone has any experience of this recently. After a 6 month delay so far in our plan for my wife to join me in Ireland, we decided that I would at least spend Christmas in Indonesia with her and her family as I have days built up through work which will allow for PCR testing and a quarantine when I arrive back in Dublin. Bought the tickets today.

Only later today realised my entry to Indonesia is not sure. I knew there was PCR and quarantine rules but didnt actually realise that the VOA service was no longer available. So I'm Irish, my wife is Indonesian. I understand I think from reading this article I need to register at 8 WIB and try to get lucky to get one of the 600 visas a day. It seems like I'm trying to book a hot concert ticket, and I've got very little chance but I will try.

Appreciate anyones insight into this please. And quickly if possible, 40 minutes to what I think is kickoff for todays applications...

Comment

OH NO! I see the small print stipulates passport 18 month validity, mine expires in September. I wonder if there is case to be made as have return ticket for mid January...? Or just an instant fail?

Comment

I now note/remember that Ireland is now a visa-free country (usually) for access to Indonesia...so I'm wondering again if I'm actually ok? Again pending PCR etc, but visa is not an issue?!
        I dont think I am ok though right? Oh well 4 minutes to go...

VITAS, VK, etc...im sure which is which for my 30 day or less requirement...

Comment

Visa Free facility is NOT available now due to the COVID precautions ...

See the box entitled COVID Visas Update

https://www.expat.or.id/info/docs.html#Visas

You need to apply for the visit visa with your wife as your sponsor:
          "Foreign nationals can apply for a Visitor and Temporary Stay Visa if they have a legitimate sponsor in Indonesia to sponsor their visa application."
          Danielle Surkatty
          Member of the Organizing Committee
          Living in Indonesia, A Site for Expatriates
          https://www.expat.or.id/

Living in Indonesia Expat Forum
          Webmaster
          http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.org/

Comment

Thanks for clarifying that wm, its all go now so. Hoping my passport expiry date doesn't cost the trip now. I keep refreshing the page as I think its 08:12 WIB now and its supposed to open at 08:00 WIB, assuming I have correct clock adjustment but seems its not open for registration yet.

Comment

Let us know if the passport expiration does cause any issues! Good luck
              Danielle Surkatty

Webmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Irishtuan View Post
                ... I would at least spend Christmas in Indonesia ..., but visa is not an issue ?! ...
                Sorry if I am too late , but regarding the visa-on-arrival , wm already answered , so I guess you have an idea of your problem .
                Giving more details , the new Regulation does allow you to get a visa , but not all kind of visas are available now (see below the Regulation) .

Unfortunately for foreigners married with Indonesians , for being sponsored by the Indonesian spouse there is only one option , the 1 year Temporary Stay Visa (Visa Index 317) , that of course you could get it even for staying only few days , but besides costing more (US$150) , it adds more bureaucracy now & after arriving in Indonesia . You could have other not 100% legal options , but it would cost even more as you would have to hire a visa agent .

REGULATION OF MINISTER OF LAW AND HUMAN RIGHTS NUMBER 26 OF 2020 ON VISA AND STAY PERMIT IN THE NEW NORMAL (29 Sept 2020)
                Article 2
                (1) Foreign national holding a legal and valid Visa and/or Stay Permit will be allowed to enter the Indonesian Territory through designated Immigration Border Controls after undergoing the health protocol procedure.
                (2) The health protocol as referred to in section (1) is determined by the ministry or agency mitigating the Covid-19 outbreak.
                (3) Visa and/or Stay Permit as referred to in section (1) consist of:
                a. Official Visa;
                b. Diplomatic Visa;
                c. Visitor Visa;
                d. Temporary Stay Visa;
                e. Official Stay Permit;
                f. Diplomatic Stay Permit;
                g. Temporary Stay Permit; and
                h. Permanent Stay Permit.

Article 4
                Visitor Visa as referred to in Article 2 section (3) point c is a single-entry Visitor Visa (B211) for the following purposes:
                a. an emergency and essential work;
                b. a business meeting;
                c. purchase of goods;
                d. a probationary period for foreign workers;
                e. a medical, food, and humanitarian aid worker; and
                f. a crew member who joins the vessel in Indonesia.

Article 5
                (1) Temporary Stay Visa as referred to in Article 2 section (2) point d is granted for:
                a. work activity; and/or
                b. non-work activity.
                (2) Temporary Stay Visa for the work activity ...
                (3) Temporary Stay Visa for the non-work activity as referred to in section (1) point b is granted to a foreigner for:
                a. a foreign investment;
                b. a family reunion (Note from the poster : this is your case);
                c. retirement travel.
                Last edited by marcus; 03-12-20, 13:57.

Comment

OH NO! I see the small print stipulates passport 18 month validity, mine expires in September. I wonder if there is case to be made as have return ticket for mid January...? Or just an instant fail?

This is 1 of the bureaucratic limitations . A visa-on-arrival would require only 6 months validity , but because you need to get the 1 year Temporary Stay Visa 317 , it requires 18 months validity .
                  Last edited by marcus; 03-12-20, 13:58.

Comment

Originally posted by wm View Post
                    https://www.expat.or.id/info/docs.html#Visas

You need to apply for the visit visa with your wife as your sponsor:
                    "Foreign nationals can apply for a Visitor and Temporary Stay Visa if they have a legitimate sponsor in Indonesia to sponsor their visa application."

Yes , foreigners can apply for Visitor & Temporary Stay Visa , but specifically the popular Social Cultural Visit Visa (that could be sponsored by his wife) is not available now .

Comment

Sorry, should have used this anchor link instead in the post above - https://www.expat.or.id/info/docs.html#COVID
                      Danielle Surkatty

Webmaster

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post

This is 1 of the bureaucratic limitations . A visa-on-arrival would require only 6 months validity , but because you need to get the 1 year Temporary Stay Visa 317 , it requires 18 months validity .
                        I see! Well looking at that, i'm starting to fear I'm running out of luck. This year long requirement for my short trip and my 10 month passport just will not fit.

It took til Friday for my wife to get registered as a sponsor. We were too late in on Tuesday I think, then it was lodged on Wednesday morning but the '1 working day' of processing took until Friday morning, by which time it was too late to try for one of the 6/700 daily visas. So we were hoping to tackle it again from opening hours on this coming Monday.

Unsure of what my next move is?! Plan for failure, and see is there any way of securing a flight refund when they can probably blame me for not knowing the visa situation first.
                        Or keep going, and hope that perhaps the application gets the green light almost accidentally, or that policy is somehow lightened in the face of impending vaccines. Ok, I'm dreaming there, and that wont help.

Or hope that however 158K tourists visited as per the next thread, that I can have a trip there too!?!

Comment

Yes , to do by yourself for the first time it is not easy . You could ask your wife to try it directly at her city's Immigration office , or hire an agent to do it (sorry to say it now , I should have said it in the first answer) .
                          Last edited by marcus; 08-12-20, 11:03.

Comment

Just to update on this, and thank for help and advice. It was a very dramatic hectic week or 2 trying to get things in order when realised I needed too late I needed visa and my passport needed 18 months. Put in the application specifying that only wanted the 30 day visa, hoping passport expiry of September would then be enough. The answer to the visa application came quite quickly. The answer recieved on Monday 14th December was no. Rejected. Deflation is the only word. I had to go to work on Monday and cancel my leave for January.
                            By Tuesday I began preparing for next visa application, perhaps for as soon as Chinese new year but certainly for later in the year when my wife's sister will marry. So I sent away my passport hoping to get it back within 5-10 working days, possibly January? ...it arrived back within 24 hours! Just after I'd cancelled original flights. Shocked but rolled with it. Rebooked leave off work on a long shot Straight to clinic for PCR test as this for some reason needed for visa application, and received it next day, so together with declarations of quarantine obedience and the rest the visa application went in again on Friday. The answer back by cob (or even later it seemed). This time yes! I had my C317 visa! Within 24 hours Id taken another PCR test, booked a new flight was on plane on my way and landed here late on Christmas Eve, deadline day.

...lots more ups and downs and drama around this tale, but visa wise, 2 expensive bites at this cherry, lead to a success result and landed here just in time, and delighted about that. Also it's useful to have it valid for 12 months for safety with regards the wedding etc later in the year. Post covid if the vaccines work? No predictions here!

Comment

... This time yes! I had my C317 visa! ... Also it's useful to have it valid for 12 months for safety with regards the wedding etc later in the year ...

Congratulations by getting the 1 year Temporary Stay Visa 317 (VITAS 317) in such a short time .

Just remember that within 30 days after arriving you need to request the convertion of your Visa into a Temporary Stay Permit (e-ITAS - former KITAS) . The first step is to request the Temporary Stay Permit/Izin Tinggal @ http://izintinggal.imigrasi.go.id/IT...an_vitas.xhtml .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...file-for-kitas
                              Last edited by marcus; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X