Strange New Development With KITAP?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange New Development With KITAP?

Hi everybody, I'll soon be eligible to extend my 5-year spouse sponsored KITAP into a lifetime one. Meanwhile, I've been employed for the last few years with an IMTA. Now the Immigration Office tells me that they have made a mistake these last few years and that my KITAP should have been sponsored by my employer. My lifetime extension, they say, should also be sponsored by my employer. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this situation. Is this correct?

Thanks for your feedback!

Originally posted by astroscribe View Post
    ...(1) I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this situation.

(2) Is this correct?

(1) It is the first time I see something like that in this Forum .

(2) I believe it is not correct , and I didn't see that stated in the Regulations I did read (unless there is a new one that I am not aware of it yet) .

For example , lets say that your employer wants to hire you for only 1 year more , so your employer will not apply for an unlimited KITAP as it cost more and does not make sense for him/her . Apply for a KITAS or a KITAP depend on the sponsor's desire .

Comment

Originally posted by astroscribe View Post
      ... I'll soon be eligible to extend my 5-year spouse sponsored KITAP into a lifetime one ...

The word "lifetime" can mislead some people . I want to say that there is no warranty that you will keep this KITAP as long as you live .

For example , it will be cancelled if : you have to change sponsor (in case of divorce or spouse's death) , or if you go abroad and don't return within 1 year .

---------------------------------------------------

UU no.6 , year 2011
      Article 62
      (1) Permanent Stay Permit may be terminated because the holder of a Permanent Stay Permit:

a. leaves Indonesia for more than 1 (one) year ;

b. does not perform a Permanent Stay Permit extension/report after/each 5 (five) years;

c. acquires citizenship of the Republic of Indonesia;

d. has it revoked by the Minister or a designated Immigration Officer;

e. is subjected to deportation; or

f. dies.

(2) Permanent Stay Permit revoked because the holder of a Permanent Stay Permit:

a. is proven to have committed a crime against the state as stipulated in laws and regulations;

b. carries out activities which endanger state security;

c. violates the Integration Statement;

d. employs foreign worker(s) ;

e. provided false information in the filing of the petition of the Permanent Stay Permit;

f. is subjected to Immigration Administrative Measures, or

g. has marital breakup because of divorce and / or the court's decision (but can get a new KITAP)

Last edited by marcus; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Hi, it has been 3 weeks since your post, please let us know how this has panned out, thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X