VITAS Online Application. Advice Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VITAS Online Application. Advice Needed

The online process has started up again (despite all the agencies saying it's still closed and you need them to make an in-person application through them).
    I have successfully registered and submitted an application, immediately after which I received an email confirmation.
    In the email it outlined a five-day process.
    That was a week ago (Aug 24) and so far I have heard nothing else from the immigration office.
    Is this normal and should I just be patient?
    Or should I send in an email and ask what's happening?

Originally posted by PabloTheMagician View Post
    ... Is this normal and should I just be patient? ...

Because I was a public servant I know that in many cases there is no normal standard . I would be patient because I think that you are safe (assuming everything was according to the special requirements - see below) as you already submitted the request , so now it is up to Immigration to take as much time they want to go to the next step of the process .

My agent also requested the extension of my KITAS a month ago and it is not ready yet (it took some 3 weeks only last year) .

---------------------------------------

Immigration's "Latest Information on Visa and Stay Permit Services in the Adaptation of the New Normal Period" (Updated on Thursday, July 30, 2020) :
    (Not an official translation)
    Foreigners in Indonesia with expired Visit Stay Permt/ITAS/ITAP and cannot extend it must leave Indonesian territory not later than August 20, 2020, or
    You can apply for a new Visit Visa or Limited Residence Visa according to requirements via https://visa-online.imigration.go.id/ without the need to leave the Indonesian territory.

Poster's Note : There is a new revision of this document dated 25 August (so after your request) at https://www.imigrasi.go.id , mainly changing the August 20 date to September 20 .
    I also heard there was another revision in between , but could not find it .
    Last edited by marcus; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Ok, thanks, Marcus. I'll try to be patient. And I'll report back here when something happens (in case anyone else is going to apply through the online system). By the ways, I was applying for a spouse-sponsored VITAS (317) that can be converted to a KITAS when I get to Indonesia.

Comment

Well, I did make a fresh application and it has reached the next stage, where I need to make the payment. The email says this:

Kode Billing (IDR) : 8202009074*****
        Biaya Persetujuan Visa Direktorat Jenderal Imigrasi : Rp 200,000.00
        Kode Billing (USD) : 8202009074*****
        Biaya Visa : USD 150.00
        Expired Kode Billing : 07-10-2020 15:50:33
        The instructions aren't so clear.
        Do I need to pay both the Rp and the USD?
        It says:
        "Dollar payments currently can only be made through BRI, BNI and Mandiri banks;
        Print the attached Payment Introduction Proof to show it at the time of making the payment;"
        As for the Rp payment, how do I do that?
        Sorry for being so clueless, but I want to get this right... Thanks. 

Comment

... Do I need to pay both the Rp and the USD? ...

Because it is an unusual procedure , I don't know (and probably the banks don't know either) . But I think that probably you need to pay both . Fortunately you pay this extra Rp200k but you will not need to go to an Indonesian Embassy abroad (see the rule below) , as it would be required in normal circumstances .

When you go to the bank to pay , better bring your passport (I once could not pay US$20 at BCA because they required my passport to do that - I guess that because the bank needs to convert US$ to Rp$ , BI requires an identification document) .

Note : my agent finally asked me to come to Immigration for photo/fingerprints , after around 5 weeks (last year was around 3 weeks) .

----------------------------------------

Informasi Terbaru Pelayanan Visa dan Izin Tinggal dalam Masa Adaptasi Kenormalan Baru
          (Diperbarui pada hari Selasa, 25 Agustus 2020)

Orang Asing dengan masa berlaku ITAS telah berakhir dan tidak dapat diperpanjang, yang sedang berada di Indonesia, wajib keluar wilayah Indonesia selambat-lambatnya tanggal 20 September 2020, atau

Anda dapat melakukan pengajuan baru Visa Kunjungan atau Visa Tinggal Terbatas sesuai persyaratan melalui https://visa-online.imigrasi.go.id/
          tanpa harus keluar wilayah Indonesia .

Jika masa berlaku ITK sudah berakhir dan tidak dapat diperpanjang, Anda harus keluar wilayah Indonesia selambat-lambatnya tanggal 20 September 2020, atau

Anda dapat melakukan pengajuan baru Visa Kunjungan atau Visa Tinggal Terbatas sesuai persyaratan melalui https://visa-online.imigrasi.go.id/
          tanpa harus keluar wilayah Indonesia .
          Last edited by marcus; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Ah , now I remembered that the Rp200k is the payment for the popular "telex visa" , although this time Immigration will not send it to the Embassy , it seems they still want to charge for it .

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
              Ah , now I remembered that the Rp200k is the payment for the popular "telex visa" , although this time Immigration will not send it to the Embassy , it seems they still want to charge for it .
              Ok, thanks for that marcus.

I'm outside of Indonesia, trying to enter on a 317 VITAS ... I had my wife pay both fees yesterday. I think it went smoothly and now I need to wait a couple of days for it to go through ...

It's a long process, but I'm getting there.

Comment

... I'm outside of Indonesia, trying to enter on a 317 VITAS ...

Pablo , I am very sorry . I thought you were in Indonesia . I am afraid you lost your money , because both rules I posted above refers to foreigners in Indonesia . As far as I know , you could come to Indonesia only if you had already an e-ITAS/KITAS/KITAP .

Comment

From https://www.suara.com/news/2020/07/0...asuk-indonesia (July 09 , 2020)
                  By : Pebriansyah Ariefana | Yosea Arga Pramudita

[... The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Kemlu) Protocol and Consular Director General Andy Rachmianto said the government had opened the entrance for foreigners to Indonesia since early May... Foreigners who may enter Indonesia are those who have diplomatic affairs or hold a Limited Stay Permit Card (KITAS) or a Permanent Stay Permit Card (KITAP). ..., they also have to conduct PCR tests in their respective countries ... After they enter, they must be 14 days in isolation ...]

Comment

Good news for you , Pablo .

From http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...visa-situation
                    [Posted by Erick1234 , today
                    ... Two days ago they (Immigration) opened the doors for married couples to reunite, look at their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/DitjenImigr...33911230090037 . I spoke to the consulate in Los Angeles and they told me to go ahead and process a telex from Jakarta and then once they receive it then they will issue my visa.

The humanitarian request I processed previously was fully processed by the consulate in Los Angeles but we were only waiting for approval from Ditjen Imigrasi. Now since they have opened the door for married couples the humanitarian visa is no longer needed and they told me to go through the normal procedures and have my wife apply in Jakarta for the Telex approval ...]
                    Last edited by marcus; 6 days ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X