Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Water Tank Taxation"

Hi,

How are below road level basements taxed in Indonesia?

Some people fill such a place with soil.

I will be putting a water tank = no interior walls, no electricity or lighting.

Is 'un-lived" in area going to be taxed just like the other levels of the building?

Regards

I don't know anything about that , and also I did not find much in the internet by doing a quick search .

From the internet I found (very little info) about 2 types of tax :

1) VAT , applicable to buildings equal or above 200 square meters ;
    2) Pajak Bangunan (it seems there is a differenciation between productive and non-productive areas) .

Now , my guess :
    - if you build the tank yourself , VAT is applicable (assuming a total building of more than 200 square meters) ;
    - for that tax you pay every year , the constructed area probably does not include water tank .

-----------------------------------------

From wikipedia.org
    [... VAT on self-building activities
    Self-building activities undertaken outside of business activities or work are payable in VAT based on Article 16 C of the 1984 Value Added Tax and its amendments.
    The requirement to be subject to VAT is that buildings in the form of one or more technical constructions are planted or permanently attached to a single piece of land and / or waters with the main construction being of wood, concrete, masonry or concrete materials, and or steel intended for the site residence or place of business with a total area of ​​at least 200 square meters.
    VAT on self-building activities is charged regardless of whether the person carrying out the activity is taxable or not either an individual or an entity.
    VAT on self-building activities is 10 percent multiplied by the Basic Tax Imposition (20 percent of the total costs incurred) ...]
    Last edited by marcus; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
      I don't know anything about that , and also I did not find much in the internet by doing a quick search .

From the internet I found (very little info) about 2 types of tax :
       ...]
      Thank you very much

Comment

Working...
      X