Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need guidance for marrying in Indonesia

Hi all, thanks for clicking

First off, an introduction. I'm a 24-year-old Pakistani living in Islamabad and my fiancee is of the same age and is living in Aceh, Indonesia. I also happen to be a freelance writer by profession without a college degree. We're hoping to get married as soon as we're able.

I was hoping for guidance and any information that you guys could give me. The posts about Pakistanis marrying Indonesians on this forum are quite outdated and I haven't been able to find any authentic material online.

From what my girlfriend and I have found out, we're getting increasingly stressed out because there appears to be an endless maze of requirements that we must fulfill. Is there anyone that might have a complete list of what we need?

It is true that my girlfriend and I both need $2000 each in our bank accounts for this to work? Also, is my girlfriend expected to go to Jakarta to sponsor me? I heard that it's really difficult and one needs to give 3 interviews to sponsor anyone.

I haven't been able to find any specific visas for marriage. Here, in my country, a foreigner can even get married on a visit visa, but that doesn't seem to be the case in Indonesia. Neither I nor my girlfriend is exactly rich or resourceful. I can expect some degree of funding from my parents, I suppose.

I know which documents are expected of me (like copies of my passport, an NOC, etc.). However, you may have realized that my thoughts are all over the place ... that's because I don't really know what I missing. If someone could lay down the entire process for me, that'd be amazing. Any additional advice or information would be highly appreciated too. Like the chances that the visa will be rejected and what I should do in that scenario. Or anything that you think I should know.

I really wish it wasn't so difficult. I just want a peaceful life with my girlfriend.

Thank you for reading my post. I hope you have a lovely day!

Originally posted by hamzamohammad View Post
    (1) ... It is true that my girlfriend and I both need $2000 each in our bank accounts .. ?

(2) Also, is my girlfriend expected to go to Jakarta to sponsor me? I heard that it's really difficult and one needs to give 3 interviews to sponsor anyone.

(3) I haven't been able to find any specific visas for marriage ...

(4) I know which documents are expected ... I don't really know what I missing. If someone could lay down the entire process ...

(5) Any additional advice or information would be highly appreciated too.

(6) .. the chances that the visa will be rejected ...

(1) The required value is US$1'500 (or equivalent in other currency) . I guess it may be in your bank account or in your sponsor's bank account .

(2) In the past this was necessary , but from what I saw from 2 Embassies' website , it may not be necessary anymore .

(3) There is no specific Visa for that . For short time in Indonesia you can use the Visit Visa . Usually there is a 60 days Visit Visa/Tourism which does not require a sponsor and a 60 days Visit Visa/Social extendable for up to 180 days , which requires an Indonesian sponsor (your future wife or her father , for example) .

(4) See below the first link , for the usual required documents for you to have an idea . Better ask your future spouse to ask at the specific place where you will marry . One of the documents is usually requested from the foreigner's Embassy in Jakarta named "Letter of Non-Impediment to Marry" , but you may ask the marriage office in Indonesia if they can accept an alternative that you can bring from your country (so you don't need to go to Jakarta) . You can bring , for example , a proof that you are single .

(5) Be informed that Indonesian Law allows your future child/children to have Pakistani & Indonesian citizenship up to the age of 21 y.o. (see the procedures at the Indonesian Embassy) .
    For additional advice you need to tell us where you intend to live after marriage .

(6) In this Forum we have not been aware of visa rejection , so I guess you will not have any major problem .

---------------------------------------------------

http://www.expat.or.id/info/gettingm...indonesia.html
    http://www.expat.or.id/info/mixmarriages.html
    http://www.expat.or.id/info/familylaw.html
    http://www.expat.or.id/info/marriage...lications.html

Note : Many Marriage Offices may not require documents to be legalized .

---------------------------------------------------

From https://kemlu.go.id/karachi/en/pages.../about-service (Indonesian Consulate website)
    Poster's Note : There is also a website from the Indonesian Embassy in Pakistan , but it had a problem when I accessed it .

VISA REQUIREMENTS
    Personal appearance is compulsory for new applicants
    ​​The applicant should pay visa fee at the time of submission.
    Visa should be applied minimum 2 weeks before the flight.
    The travel agent should submit the visa application with their undertaking letter.
    Visa fees to be paid in US$ only.
    Visit visa fees single entry $ 50, multiple $.110, limited stay $.150.
    $ 14 for Facsimile / Telex Visa.
    All the documents should be on A4 Size.
    Don't staple the documents.​

-----------

​Original National Passport with validity should not less than 6 months, with minimum 2 blank visa pages.
    Previous passport must be attached (if any).
    Two visa application forms filled completely along with two latest Color photographs.
    Copy of page 1-3 of National passport.
    Copy of previous Indonesia visa (if any).
    Copy of valid/ latest national identity card (NIC).
    ​Copy of itinerary / booking from ticketing agent.
    Copy of confirmed hotel reservation (issued by the concerned hotel).
    Bank statement with account maintenance certificate for the last 6 months with the Minimum balance equal to US$ 10,000 for Business and US$ 1,500 for other purposes. (Issued 5 days before the submission)
    Business Registration Certificate copy / Recommendation letter from the Chamber of Commerce or business Association (for business visa only).​
    Invitation letter from the sponsors/ business partners in Indonesia or other proofs if any
    With ID Card Copy / Passport of the sponsor (for business and social visa).
    Visa form must be Sign by the Applicant.
    Covering letter from the company / applicant mentioning the purpose of visit clearly

Cautions:
    Incomplete Visa form / documents (1 - 13) will not be entertained.
    Additional requirements needed or interview may be conducted if it is necessary.
    Submission of documents does not guarantee issuance of visa, as Consulate General reserved the right to reject any visa application without mentioning any reason.

Link for downloading the Request Form
    Last edited by marcus; 30-01-20, 07:22.

Comment

Working...
    X