Can i extend my KITAP alone ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i extend my KITAP alone ?

I already have a 5 year Kitap that will expire in December 2020, so need an extension (another 5 years ) and unfortunately my husband will not be able to be with me next fall since he has to take care of his permit in Finland that time.
    So my question is : Will i be able to put in my application without him ? Will they ask me why he is not with me ?
    We did my Kitap last time without an agent as well.
    I already got the formulir from the Immigrasi here in Surabaya so he can sign them beforehand.
    And if all documents are complete, about how long would the process take ?
    Grateful for any advice, thanks guys for beeing here for us who wonder.
    A

Originally posted by Ancelikh View Post
    (1) ... Will i be able to put in my application without him ? Will they ask me why he is not with me ?

(2) ... , about how long would the process take ?

(1) I am almost sure you can apply alone (starting online) , but Immigration may want to visit your home to interview you and your husband . Better you ask your Kantor Imigrasi about that .

(2) I guess around 3 weeks .

---------------------------------------------------

Be informed that you may apply within 3 months before the KITAS expires , so maybe you can plan to do both your KITAS extension + your husband trip to Finland in this period of time , which may be more than 3 months if , for example , you apply 2 days before the expiry date and your husband come back from Finland few days (around 10 days ??) after the KITAP expires , just in time for the home interview .

https://izintinggal.imigrasi.go.id/IT-online/ (ITAS/ITAP online)

PM no.27 year 2014
    Pasal 65
    (3) Permohonan perpanjangan jangka waktu Izin Tinggal Tetap sebagaimana dimaksud pada ayat (1) dapat diajukan paling cepat 3 (tiga) bulan dan paling lambat pada hari kerja sebelum tanggal jangka waktu Izin Tinggal Tetap berakhir kepada Kepala Kantor Imigrasi yang wilayah kerjanya membawahi tempat tinggal Orang Asing.

Article 65
    (3) A request for extension of the Permanent Stay Permit/KITAP as referred to in paragraph (1) may be submitted no sooner than 3 (three) months and no later than a working day before the KITAP expires to the Immigration Office which covers the area where the foreigner lives .
    Last edited by marcus; 01-01-20, 22:01.

Comment

I would suggest you ask these questions to immigration before your husband leaves ,so you can be sure .
      You can apply up to 3 months early before the kitap expires ,as we did .
      the process from start to finish is around 2.5 months .

Comment

Originally posted by scouser59 View Post
        ... the process from start to finish is around 2.5 months .

Scouser59 , can you tell us why your process took that much time ?

When I made my first KITAP in 2013 it took around one month , but now I guess that by starting online you get the Immigration General Directorate's approval first (correct ?) , so it should be quicker than when I did (I had to go 2 times to Immigration General Directorate at the end of the process) .

Comment

Part of the problem is I am in bali ,a long way from jakarta that adds time , they had a problem with the printer at imm bali ,that added a week .Otherwise the process was smooth .
          We never used the internet, imm jimbaran klas 1 is 5 minutes away ,.

Comment

The problem is that we both have to go back to Finland to work, so cannot put in the applications 3 months ahead. And once he puts in his application if Finland, they take his passport as well and the process in Finland can take up to 9 months nowadays.
            So i still have to do it alone here.
            Would they really come and check our house AGAIN, since they already did it the first time? Really ?
            So you suggest i should do an online application first? Why ? Never done that before...And how long before i put in the application at the kantor can i do the online thing ?
            Meaning can i start the process already when im still in Finland ?
            Thanks guys !

Comment

I never had a home check on itap renewal , I think you should talk with immigration about your problem , as far as im aware you have to be present in indonesia for the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancelikh View Post
                (a) The problem is that we both have to go back to Finland to work, ...

(b) Would they really come and check our house AGAIN, since they already did it the first time? Really ?

(c) So you suggest i should do an online application first? Why ? Never done that before...

(d) And how long before i put in the application at the kantor can i do the online thing ?
                Meaning can i start the process already when im still in Finland ?

(a) If so you could also think about the option of just cancelling the KITAP . Having a KITAP when you don't need it may be more a headache than a benefit [for example , the KITAP is cancelled if you stay more than one year (continuously) outside Indonesia] .

(b) I guess that in most of the cases Immigration will either do a home visit or make an interview of the couple at Kantor Imigrasi . But as Scouser59 said above , Immigration may not do any of those .

(c) I guess there are 2 advantages in starting it online :
                - it starts with the Immigration Directorate (top-dpwn process) , in my view it is better to start dealing with more knowledgeable officers first . Manually you start with the city's Immigration (bottom-up process)
                - it is a new system done to improve the process .

(d) The rule is only one , so I think that in both situations you can start as early as 3 months before the expiry date . The online method you probably can start in Finland .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...re-than-1-year (KITAP when living abroad)
                Last edited by marcus; 03-01-20, 10:43.

Comment

Thanks again guys,
                  I went to the Immigrasi here in Surabaya and tried to talk to them and ask them some details and the only " information " i got out of them was that they might visit our house or not...they didnt know....wouldnt say....and that the online thing was totally unnecessary in their opinion, just come here with all the papers like before..... and about duration also they wouldnt know.....So pretty much good for nothing information from them.
                  I hope in other immigrasi they moore helpful.
                  So i will do it the old fashion way and just hope they dont do the home visit.
                  Thank you again for taking time to answer, really appreciate !
                  Take care guys !

Comment

Working...
                  X