60 Days Visa Extension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 Days Visa Extension

Can a 60 day visa in advance be extended for an extra 30 days in either Lombok, Sumbawa or Flores?

I am coming in on a 60 day visa in advance, but when it expires, I'd like to spend another 30 days in Indonesia. For a total of 90 days. Can I remain in the country and extend it or do I have to I exit the country and re-enter with the visa-free option (to get the extra 30 days)?

Originally posted by atoopishai View Post
    (1) Can a 60 day visa in advance be extended for an extra 30 days ... or do I have to I exit the country and re-enter with the visa-free option (to get the extra 30 days)?

(2) in either Lombok, Sumbawa or Flores? ...

(1) There are many "types" of 60 days Visa . According to the Regulation (PP no.31 year 2013) the only one (60 days) Visa that cannot be extended is the one that does not require a sponsorship (popularly known as Tourist Visa , although the Visa stamp does print only "Index 211") . Even so there were some members of this Forum who succeeded in extending it but for this you will need a local Indonesian sponsor .

If you don't extend it , you can exit Indonesia and return with any other visa , the visa-free would be the best option if you are eligible for it (not everybody is eligible) .

(2) You can check that (for example) at https://www.academia.edu/21469107/AL...URUH_INDONESIA (address of Immigration offices in Indonesia)

Note : These Visa are for maximum 60 days , so better be assured you get the 60 days in both the Visa stamp and in the entry stamp that you get when you enter Indonesia (that is officially called "Stay Permit" and is the one that will really define your stay days limit) .
    Last edited by marcus; 1 week ago.

Comment

Thank you, since the flight out to KL and back in again cost about the same as a 1 million rupiah visa agent fee, does it even make sense to leave Indonesia after the 60 days? Cost wise, it is the same and not having to leave is certainly better than having to leave, so finding a visa agent to CONVERT the 60 day tourist visa into a social budaya visa for 1 million rupiah is the better way, right? Then I can get up to 4 extensions on that social budaya visa and stay up to 6 months, and pay 1 million Rupiah every 30 days.

The cheapest flights to KL after checked baggage with Air Asia are about 500,000-600,000R one way so doing the math the expensive 1 million visa agent fee is actually a bit cheaper, right? Have I missed anything in my reasoning?

Comment

(a) ... a 1 million rupiah visa agent fee,

(b) does it even make sense to leave Indonesia after the 60 days?

(c) ... CONVERT the 60 day tourist visa into a social budaya visa ...

(d) Then I can get up to 4 extensions on that social budaya visa and stay up to 6 months, ...

(a) I think it will be difficult to find an agent with that fee . Remember that the agent will charge for the sponsorship + the usual extension fee .

(b) As I meant from post no.2 , if you get the Tourist Visa the Immigration office may reject your extension request , so you will have to leave .

(c) No , it is not that . The Immigration office may think you got a Sosial Budaya Visa (also Index 211 but requires a sponsor) and do a extension (to be precise , it is a extension of your Stay Permit , not the Visa extension) .

(d) If you are lucky to get the extensions .

Comment

I am not applying for the social cultural visa in my home country i am just applying for the regular 60 day tourist visa. What should I do just before those 60 days end? As I understood, the whole point of the visa agent is so he can CONVERT your visa into a social cultural visa, and that is how you get to stay up to 6 months, even though you didn't originally enter Indonesia on that visa, you can get it anyways, this is also what I have read on other travel forums. Are you saying I can't do that? If I can't do that, then I will have to leave. And spend the same amount of money on a return flight to KL. I'd rather not leave at all and stay continuously in Indonesia for several months. I haven't applied for the visa yet so please let me know in steps what I have to do exactly to avoid issues later.

Comment

(I) ... What should I do just before those 60 days end?

(II) As I understood, the whole point of the visa agent is so he can CONVERT your visa into a social cultural visa, and that is how you get to stay up to 6 months, even though you didn't originally enter Indonesia on that visa, you can get it anyways, this is also what I have read on other travel forums.

(III) Are you saying I can't do that? ...

(IV) I haven't applied for the visa yet so please let me know in steps what I have to do exactly to avoid issues later.

(I) From 14 days untill 1 day before the Visa/Stay Permit expires you can try to get the extension .

(II) Believe me I did this myself more than 50 times (but using Sosial Budaya Visa) . The official name of the process is "Perpanjangan Izin (Tinggal) Kunjungan" ["Extension of the Visit (Stay) Permit"] .
            There are conversion processes (Konversi Izin Tinggal Kunjungan ke Izin Tinggal Terbatas , Konversi izin Tinggal Terbatas ke Izin Tinggal Tetap) , I did them too . But as you see any process inside Indonesia are about extending or converting Stay Permits , not Visas .
            And there would not be also converting Tourist Permit to Social Permit as both are officially only "Izin (Tinggal) Kunjungan"/Visit (Stay) Permit .

(III) You can try to extend your "Tourist" Stay Permit , like it would be officially possible to do with a "Social" Stay Permit .

(IV) Well , despite of your few misunderstandings , in practice what you had in mind were in the right direction : your 2 options you mentioned in your first post are what you need to think about (extend or exit and return with a visa-free) .

If I was you I would either get a Social Visit Visa (with a sponsor letter) or buy that 1 million Rupiah return ticket to KL (and forget about looking for a visa agent) .

Comment

Working...
            X